• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So awhile ago, Erza's feat of destroying Irene's Deus Sema as deemed an outlier. However, there was recently a thread to downgrade the speed of the characters due to the AP feat being deemed an outlier. This has lead to the feat to be re-evaluated and questioned whether said feat is really an outlier. In verse mechanics are also being brought up in support of thia not being an outlier. So we decided to make a new thread and discuss here.

The old thread from this morning. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1202883?useskin=oasis

Haven't read the thread, but the general argument of it being an outlier is that Erza got decimated by Irene's casual attacks, and yet managed to overpower her strongest attack while severely injured.

Yeah, however it seems that argument has been argued against. I can't really due much since I'm on my phone.

This was coupled with the fact that she was wearing an armor that, comparatively, reduces her durability to next to nothing.

The Everlasting said:
Haven't read the thread, but the general argument of it being an outlier is that Erza got decimated by Irene's casual attacks, and yet managed to overpower her strongest attack while severely injured.
She was betean by a swipe of a dragon while she wasn't able to defend from the direct hit and her durabilty with clear heart cloth is lower.

That said Erza destroying the meteor is also thx to the emotional boost and because she used a pure magical attack.

To put it simple nakama power or power of feelings is a legit thing in FT. You have scans that prove it in that thread.

The Everlasting said:
This was coupled with the fact that she was wearing an armor that, comparatively, reduces her durability to next to nothing.
While increases her AP to far above everything else. So obviously she can produce a greater AP to cause damage than the the one she can take as damage.

The Everlasting said:
@Blanked

Point is she shouldn't have been able to survive the meteor.
Why not? She used a magical attack to destroy it, she didn't collide directly with her body, but made the meteor explode.

Why? She didn't even attack it with the broken arm. Furthermore, it was agreed in the previous thread that one's magical power in Fairy Tail is directly tied to their emotions, with multiple scans proving it being shown.

I thought she did collide with it?

I'm just going over what the previous arguments were here, lol. I don't even know who Irene is in the first place.

This argument was contested and rejected before due to the fact that Erza used the power of the friendship plot in order to survive [The writer wanted her to survive] and do something that would be illogical to happen in her condition.

The Everlasting said:
I thought she did collide with it?

I'm just going over what the previous arguments were here, lol. I don't even know who Irene is in the first place.
She slashed the meteor with a magical aura around her entire body protecting her. So basically her sword destroyed the meteor, so she was close to the meteor but didn't one punch it with her body directly.

Power of Friendship / Emotions is a literal thing in Fairy Tail. It's no different than Saint Seiya, Gurren Lagann, Undertale, PreCure, etc etc.

Also, don't use TV Tropes as an argument.

It is also worth pointing out that what happens in the scene is a very basic thing in Shounen Manga:

>Main character is losing to clearly stronger villain

>Gains newfound motivation / resolve to fight

>Obtains a sudden increase in power allowing them to defeat the villain.

Even if little time passed between Ezra getting injured and Ezra smashing the meteor, she clearly became stronger.

Natsu flames based on emotion, Fairy Sphere based on emotion, even frigging Etherious Curse based on human negative emotion. As absurd as it sounds, PoF is a legit thing in FT

"Illogical in her conditions"

Is this really an argument @Dark? Illogical for normal human standards IRL? True, but Erza is not a normal human and she is part of fiction not RL.

Looking back on it, and I agree with Dragon. I mean, we don't see Kid Goku using Penetrate! on King Piccolo to be an outlier, because it isn't (granted, situation is a bit different, but bottom line is there's not enough evidence to claim outlier, which isn't always equivalent to PIS)

I can't believe that we are trying to make nakama power a legit thing, I am guessing we will be applying this to all the shounen series lol.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Mavis_Vermilio

Read her quotes.

If you wanna see the scans.

Chapter 450 pages 19-20 more or less.

@Banlk because it's a legit power mechanism and not nakama power but "power of feelings" to be precise. And we are kinda already doing that since there are other verse with the same thing you know...

We are not making up anything here.

"Everything begins in the deep abyss of Magic. A Magic that unites it all, love. Love can cause miracles..."

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---296?id=307727#17

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---296?id=307727#18

It's brought many time in the series

First in the Juvia\Meldy fight Here

Second in the Natsu\Sting\Rouge fight Here and Here

Third time when Sting killed his master and Minriva commented how strong feelings made him stronger Here

Credit goes to ZERO.

Making nakama powerup a legit thing instead of ignoring it as bad writting (which it is) would ruin our tiering system.

Except it is a legit thing. Also this isn't about it being bad writing. It is about whether it is a legit power on which the scans prove.

Yes, Mukuro from Yu Yu Hakusho and other characters power is directly tied to their emotion. Vegeta [Surpassed SS3 Goku in BOG] and Gohan [Jumped from 10-C to 5-B, and later surpassed Perfect Cell] increased their power basing on rage.

Basically this means Fairy Tail cannot be singled out just because it's Fairy Tail. Bad writing or not, it has to be treated fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back