• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a common thing in Saint Seiya since the characters could be forced to fight with just their spirit/soul.

you mean the whole "power of emotions" thing? It doesn't change the fact that it's an outlier.

Yeah no every other time Erza of someone else is defeated, it's actually mostly them getting smashed/slashed and seemingly knocked out. This is probably the only time we see someone's bones actually breaking. In other words, the damage is moderate most of the time which is why they are able to get back up.

"Battled Kyoka even when her body was so sensitive that even a breath was able to make her cry in pain" Erza's profile about stamina.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she could walk with her bones broken.

Pain resistance is different from being able to move when it's structurally impossible. One is mostly mental, while the other is literally impossible no matter how much willpower you have, unless it's bullshit soul manipulation like in Saint Seiya.

Theglassman12 said:
you mean the whole "power of emotions" thing? It doesn't change the fact that it's an outlier.
The fact that magical power is explicitely tied to the strength of one's emotions makes this not an outlier.

XING06 said:
Pain resistance is different from being able to move when it's structurally impossible. One is mostly mental, while the other is literally impossible no matter how much willpower you have, unless it's bullshit soul manipulation like in Saint Seiya.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

XING06 said:
The characters who did those things I mentioned didn't do it through soul manipulation. It was just through sheer willpower which is explictely tied to the power of one's Cosmos.

What does having your bones broken have to do with your soul? If said character can walk with broken bones, it isn't tied to their soul hax.

Well, in the end it's fiction where anything can happen and the most common logic/things of our world can be altered from illogical to logical in a fictional one, this is the last thing i say about this.

Her bones weren't broken it was just a temporarly trauma from the hit as shown when she got up. Also, I remind you on all of Erza's battle and ask you when exactly did a terrible physical condition ever limit her in combat? After her feats against Azuma and Kyoka it is obvious her abilty to fight in terrible physical conditions is consistent.

Erza never ever had a magical Aura around her before that she used to destroy the meteor. So it's an obvious power-up. Also, we have proven that power of feelings is connected to ones magical power and Erza was indeed emotionally taken due to Makarov's death.

Also, Erza did not defeat Irene as she was still standing after she was cut and after Erza gave her a head butt. And the fact Erza was able to damage her later on with a head butt is another proof she got a power up. Not to mention her attack pushing down Acnologia (tho it was surprise attack with like a thousand of her weapons).

Power of emotion is used from the begginning of the series so ignoring these power ups that are part of the series just because you don't like the concept and the fact feelings make you more powerful is bull to say the least.

And for the last time Erza used magic not her physical strength to destroy the meteor, and she had for the first time ever a huge magical Aura around her that she used to destroy the meteor.

I should also mention that there's some Saint Seiya characters who were able to briefly stay alive after losing all of their blood.

The point I'm trying to make is... It doesn't really matter if it is impossible if it happens.

@Matt

But we know that even the whole power of emotion thing has a limit. Eg. no matter how angry you get if you don't have your second origin, your going to get stomped by someone who does. Also, the flames of emotion example; Natsu was pissed off, which is apparently the strongest emotion (according to Makarov), but he still couldn't beat Zero without Zellal powering him up with his own emotional flame, which is pretty much pure magic with a multipier effect (that's a unique skill though so not everyone can use it).

Literally nobody is saying that Fairy Tail characters can increase their power infinitely here. Just that they have some form of Statistics Amplification through emotions.

So her headbutting her mom shows that she has a powerup? logic at its finest.

Also there's nothing to suggest that she used magic to destroy the meteor when all she did was swing her sword at the meteor.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Literally nobody is saying that Fairy Tail characters can increase their power infinitely here. Just that they have some form of Statistics Amplification through emotions.
Isn't rage power the same thing as this? Cause thats what it sounds like to me.

Yeah no I meant that there is a limit to how much you can boost and I'm pretty sure that the meteor feat is too much, taking into account her physical condition, the fact that she used up a lot of mana before, and the fact that her mother was stomping her casually.

Theglassman12 said:
So her headbutting her mom shows that she has a powerup? logic at its finest.

Also there's nothing to suggest that she used magic to destroy the meteor when all she did was swing her sword at the meteor.
Nothing? And the huge magical aura around her and her sword? Have you even read the chapter?

Why is Rage-based boosts always accepted without a problem but Love or Friendship or even Will-based boosts almost always contested?

Is it because the former seems more badass than the later?

Yeah I did, all I see was her destroying something she shouldn't have destroyed given the context of the situation.

Theglassman12 said:
Yeah I did, all I see was her destroying something she shouldn't have destroyed given the context of the situation.
So you just ignore the magical aura around her.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Why is Rage-based boosts always accepted without a problem but Love or Friendship or even Will-based boosts almost always contested?
Is it because the former seems more badass than the later?
Because rage power is more believable, not to mention it happens to plenty of people in real life.

"More believable"

No it isn't. Emotion-power ups are all equally unrealistic.

Gohan style rage boosts are also nothing like real life adrenaline spikes.

@Matt

Again even with rage boost, it wouldn't work see my previous Natsu example.

@Blank

Gray's bones weren't broken. Again Erza is the only one where we explicitly know how badly she is damaged. As I've stated before, there is a limit to how much you can boost and I'm pretty sure that the meteor feat is too much, taking into account her physical condition, the fact that she used up a lot of mana before, and the fact that her mother was stomping her casually.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Theglassman12 said:
So you just ignore the magical aura around her.
No amount of magical aura is going to tell me that someone with only one functioning arm in their ENTIRE BODY is going to destroy the meteor.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"More believable"
No it isn't. Emotion-power ups are all equally unrealistic.

Gohan style rage boosts are also nothing like real life adrenaline spikes.
Have you seen what people can do when they get furious? You'd be surprised on what they can do.

Because rage power is more believable, not to mention it happens to plenty of people in real life.

It's more believable that random rage gives you a power rather than the will to protect all those you love and care about? You know rage most of the time comes from love for your dear right?

Relax glassman, he's just making a point that it's evidence for a powerup. It's still PIS based on how badly she's damaged, the fact that she was getting stomped literally a couple seconds before, and the fact that she had already used up a lot of mana.

Theglassman12 said:
No amount of magical aura is going to tell me that someone with only one functioning arm in their ENTIRE BODY is going to destroy the meteor.
That's literally just an argument from incredulity

@Xing yes he had broken bones. And Erza matched Irene in her human form when she used her clear heart cloth.

XING06 said:
Yeah no I meant that there is a limit to how much you can boost and I'm pretty sure that the meteor feat is too much, taking into account her physical condition, the fact that she used up a lot of mana before, and the fact that her mother was stomping her casually.
Imao Gohan jumped from 10-C to 5-B with rage, this is nothing.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except it's fiction. Crap like that is possible.
You're seriously throwing that whole "it's fiction" argument? No, that's not how it works. If it was something like Hitman reborn, where Tsuna was able to manipulate gravity to hold his bones in place, then I would buy that. But there's NOTHING that was shown throughout the situation that Erza could move with her bones shattered.

Also again guys seriously it doesn't matter what emotion it was the point is it's still PIS. She was getting stomped literally a couple seconds before, she was running lower on mana, and she had her bones plural broken. No matter what boost you get it's not going to be enough.

Theglassman12 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except it's fiction. Crap like that is possible.
You're seriously throwing that whole "it's fiction" argument? No, that's not how it works. If it was something like Hitman reborn, where Tsuna was able to manipulate gravity to hold his bones in place, then I would buy that. But there's NOTHING that was shown throughout the situation that Erza could move with her bones shattered.
Read my edited comment. Also it is. Erza and the character Matt brought up are proof of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back