• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The glass she used her healthy arm to push herself and she moved right after so her bones were not broken. Hyperboles are a thing in anime.

Her bones being shattered are not a problem if Erza used a healthy arm and magic.

The main protagonist from Riding Bean seems to be a normal athlete, but later he gets shot in the head an continues to move like nothing happened.

Saint Seiya, Undertale and Gurren Lagann have literally infinite power boosts through willpower.

Goku defeated both King Piccolo and Piccolo Junior while badly injured and with his bones broken. Both times. That doesn't make it PIS. It just shows the character's resiliance

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except it's fiction. Crap like that is possible. That's arguing from incredulity.
How is me being incredulous ignores the fact on how stupid/contradicting that entire moment was?

@therefir

Um I'm stating that internally in FT there is lower limit to how much emotional boosting gives you. Emotional boosts in other verses can go higher.

Nobody is denying that. But then after stating that you act incredulous that the emotional boost can go as far as it is been shown to be.

Basically:

"Yeah, in some Verses emotional boosts can make you millions of times more powerful, but not in Fairy Tail"

"Nobody disagrees with that. But in Fairy Tail its been shown to make you tens of times more powerful" (Not being literal here, just for the sake of argument)

"I don't believe in emotional boosts being that powerful in Fairy Tail"

Matthew Schroeder said:
Goku defeated both King Piccolo and Piccolo Junior while badly injured and with his bones broken. Both times. That doesn't make it PIS. It just shows the character's resiliance
1: King Piccolo had a hostage, and all he did was just break one of goku's arm and one of his legs. He didn't hit him so hard that he shattered all of his bones.

2: Both piccolo and goku were already worn out from the fight.

Theglassman12 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except it's fiction. Crap like that is possible. That's arguing from incredulity.
How is me being incredulous ignores the fact on how stupid/contradicting that entire moment was?
Because you are arguing fallaciously. It was clearly a power up. We have gone over why this is possible.

XING06 said:
@therefir

Um I'm stating that internally in FT there is lower limit to how much emotional boosting gives you. Emotional boosts in other verses can go higher.
Thats you head canon. You can't say FT has a low limit on emotional boost just because you think so. Natsu vs Zeref is also a thing.

Where was it shown that it was a power up? She didn't pull any armor out of her ass, she didn't get a new weapon nor did she learn a new technique.

@Matt

Yeah sorry let me clarify. It's because of how badly off she is in comparison. She's getting slapped around, as in she literally can't touch her mom. Then after getting even worse damaged and expending most of her mana she can still somehow damage somebody she couldn't before. Even Natsu's Dragon Force mode didn't boost him that much. And that is a pretty damn big boost, with both emotional boosting and outside pwoer up.

Theglassman12 said:
Where was it shown that it was a power up? She didn't pull any armor out of her ass, she didn't get a new weapon nor did she learn a new technique.
I would think the aura that she has never been seen in would let you know it was a type of power-up. This also falls in like with all the other examples of Power of Emotion.

@Blanked Or maybe it was just her charging up. Cause there's no images of her friends around her like in the azuma fight. and there's no new armor being shown at all.

XING06 said:
@Matt

Yeah sorry let me clarify. It's because of how badly off she is in comparison. She's getting slapped around, as in she literally can't touch her mom. Then after getting even worse damaged and expending most of her mana she can still somehow damage somebody she couldn't before. Even Natsu's Dragon Force mode didn't boost him that much. And that is a pretty damn big boost, with both emotional boosting and outside pwoer up.
Dragon force didn't boos him much?

From 8-A to stomping a low 7-C. From low 7-B to damaging a 7-A, from high 7-A to one shoting high 6-C is not a good power up to you?

That's how it's always been since the dawn of shounen battle mangas. A new form would always be a new power up.

Theglassman12 said:
@Blanked Or maybe it was just her charging up. Cause there's no images of her friends around her like in the azuma fight. and there's no new armor being shown at all.
You don't need a new form to have a power up and the thing with her friends wasn't a power up in the first place. It was the Tenrou tree that protected her.

You mean the tree that was already knocked down, and therefore couldn't protect everyone from dying on that island?

@Blank

The point is that Natsu was still in fairly good condition, he wasn't getting stomped by Zero, and he still had most of his magic b/c he had some time to recover. Erza was running on fumes.

Theglassman12 said:
You mean the tree that was already knocked down, and therefore couldn't protect everyone from dying on that island?
The energy of the Tenrou land was still active and thus the tree was alive(bad conditions but alive) as well. Tenrou island is more powerful as well since its powered up by strong feelings of everyone in the guild.

Once again feeling=power.

I dont think this would scale to her normal AP, tho. Because she powered up before performing the feat, right? Maybe a key with "Boosted by feelings" or something.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Theglassman12 said:
That's how it's always been since the dawn of shounen battle mangas.
Does not mean FT has to follow the trope.
And that doesn't mean it can just do shit without any rhyme or reason, because that's one of the main reasons why FT gets soo much hate.

XING06 said:
@Blank

The point is that Natsu was still in fairly good condition, he wasn't getting stomped by Zero, and he still had most of his magic b/c he had some time to recover. Erza was running on fumes.
Why was she running on fumes? They fought for a minute after which Erza didn't attack anymore cause Irene entered in Wendy's body.

Also, Erza's stamina and power >>>>>>>>>>>>> Natsu' stamina and power during the nirvana arc.

@Blank

No the Tenrou Tree was gone, which is why everyone except Erza was weakened. It was implied that it was Azuma keeping her active, so he could fight her to the fullest.

And that doesn't mean it can just do shit without any rhyme or reason, because that's one of the main reasons why FT gets soo much hate.

Actually the author can do whatever he wants with his story.

The fact people don't like things based on feeling is their problem, but it doesn't take away that's how the story works.

I admitedly skimmed through it, but I find it ridiculous we consider it an outlier. Heck, it isnt that unrealistic a power jump. I have seen more justified jumps get accepted even though they jump entire tiers. (Yusuke went from Town Level to Country Level for god sake, a near trillion time increase)

Just give Erza both speed and ap or neither at all.

PaChi2 said:
I dont think this would scale to her normal AP, tho. Because she powered up before performing the feat, right? Maybe a key with "Boosted by feelings" or something.
Is this valid?

XING06 said:
@Blank

No the Tenrou Tree was gone, which is why everyone except Erza was weakened. It was implied that it was Azuma keeping her active, so he could fight her to the fullest.
And once Erza's strong feelings came into play the tree powered up and broke out of Azuma's control. Proved by the fact Azuma couldn't control it anymore.

FT is everything about feelings in the first place.

@Blank

She was definitely running at far lower ability than normal. Her bones were broken = bad physical condition (worse than pretty much anyone we've seen at anytime in the series) and her magic was low (again a minute isn't enough compared to recharge comepletely and she was throwing around a lot of magic beforehand).

Also er no, the tree was repaired by Ultear's arc of time. It was uprooted comepletely before by Azuma

Actually the author can do whatever he wants with his story.

The fact people don't like things based on feeling is their problem, but it doesn't take away that's how the story works.

That doesn't help out fairy tail in the slightest. Just because the author can do what he wants doesn't change the fact that he did a shitty job at being consistent, or at least show that certain make logical sense.

Glass. You are arguing based on what you want to happen / think should happen, not based on what does happen. Put personal feelings aside.

PaChi2 said:
Dont... quote... big... walls... of... text... please.
It would likely only scale to her strongest armors. Her base and weaker armors do not scale.

> Making sense

> In fiction

> Where magic exists

> Remembers people regenerating from being erased from existance through willpower

Yeah, no. For me, FT may have the upgrade. Any arguments that are based around incrudelity and "it's impossible to us" aren't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back