• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 15 (The one that will disappear into the void)

I am also against the Thunder Palace scaling.

The Thunder Palace reflected the damage dealt to it back to the caster, so Gray basically tanked 4 of his own attacks, which doesn't give us much.

As for the chapter, I am really excited to see how the matchups will go, especially Jellal vs Gears and Natsu vs Aldoron. I expected Aldoron to fight in his human body, so it isn't a surprise. Having said that, I am curious on how Natsu will manage to defeat Aldoron (That, and God Tiers are always cool to see in a fight)

Though currently I am looking forward to the fight against Gears the most. Given that he is a "tactician", I hope that this fight will actually involve some sort of strategy, which is always a pleasure to see in fights, especially since FT utilizes it so rarely.

Captain Torch said:
The Thunder Palace reflected the damage dealt to it back to the caster, so Gray basically tanked 4 of his own attacks, which doesn't give us much.

As for the chapter, I am really excited to see how the matchups will go, especially Jellal vs Gears and Natsu vs Aldoron. I expected Aldoron to fight in his human body, so it isn't a surprise. Having said that, I am curious on how Natsu will manage to defeat Aldoron (That, and God Tiers are always cool to see in a fight)

Though currently I am looking forward to the fight against Gears the most. Given that he is a "tactician", I hope that this fight will actually involve some sort of strategy, which is always a pleasure to see in fights, especially since FT utilizes it so rarely.
I don't think that strategy is utilized rarely, it was well thought out by characters in most fights.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Chapter 54 Translations
So it's said Zeref would have done massive damage to Aldoron, that confirms that Base Zeref can be a huge threat to a Dragon God, so there's a God Seed for each of the five cities, Wolfen, Metro, Gears, Doom, and Aldoron, and the God Seed Aldoron says he has the full power of his full Dragon Form, meaning this God Seed Aldoron is "At least 6-B, likely 6-A" time to make some new renders and keys for Aldoron's page, the fights will be interesting too

Gray, Gajeel, Lucy, Cana, and Juvia+Others vs Metro

Jellal vs Gears

Wendy, Carla, and likely the White Wizard vs Doom

and lastly...

Natsu vs Aldoron

I'm actually really hyped right now, these are gonna be some fun matches
More like Ankhseram's curse was a threat. You cant survive that just with stats.

^That's what I mean't, via hax, Zeref can be a real threat to the Dragon Gods

Captain Torch said:

To backtrack a bit, this is accurate. Chapter that deals with the Thunder Palaces says they deal damage equal to what is dealt against them back on the caster, so no goo for scaling

Yeah, I went back and checked the Thunder Palace chapters as well, the damage given is equal to the amount taken, meaning that scaling is null, we need a new calc or result for X784 Fodder

I honestly don't care what the fodder end up being, but I don't know of literally any calcs to use for them

Also, for her 100YQ key, would it be fair to add "Battle capabilities are hindered by her being pregnant" as a weakness for Levy?

How? It's literally how it is, as shown in 100YQ when she was in pain from trying to fight too hard while being pregnant.

We could be real basic with Fodder and not look for any calcs and just scale them to real life Lightning Bolt energy via Yuri Dreyar who is a new mage

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
We could be real basic with Fodder and not look for any calcs and just scale them to real life Lightning Bolt energy via Yuri Dreyar who is a new mage
So we'd use the AP of a real life lightning bolt? That doesn't sit right since real lightning's AP is only slightly above baseline 8-C, and that wouldn't work because at least in X784, the fodder characters were, while definitely weaker by a large margin, somewhere in the ballpark of the others.

^Yeah, real life Lightning Bolts are 8-C I believe

Honestly I don't really wanna fish through all of Fairy Tail looking for Fodder feats, so this is probably the simplest method

Yeah, lightning bolts are slightly above baseline 8-C. I edited my message talking about that

I guess we could make them At least 8-C, possibly Low 7-B, if I remember correctly, Levy and Cana managed to damage characters like Kowazu and Yomazu, as well as Kain

So maybe they can scale like that?

Could we use the chapter 1 Aquarius feat? They should scale to it being this was a pre guild Lucy if somebody wants to calc it.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
^That's what I mean't, via hax, Zeref can be a real threat to the Dragon Gods
personally i believe its because unlike other dragons(who have scales) aldron is just a big tree, like atlas flame, how i compltely made up of hellfire and lacks dragon scales

^The curse kills life, all Dragon has life, so they should be able to be killed by the curse, unless they have resistance, which can't be assumed

Pretty sure Jet and Droy could harm Gajeel (admittedly he was letting them land the hits but still) so they should scale to Low 7-B. Baseline should be fine as the main cast is only 2 megatons or so iirc.

I say we just slap "Likely Low 7-B" on the X784 Fodder and be done with it, In X784 everyone's a lot more comparable than in later time periods, Cana and Levy manage to damage lots of people who gave Gajeel and Natsu trouble

It's not like it's a huge deal anyways

They're definitely weaker though, so maybe we could do what we did with the Likely High 7-A's and downscale them to being 1/2 as strong as the Low 7-B's

Who did Cana and Levy damage that gave Gajeel and Natsu trouble? i that was the case then they should had just joined the fight and helped out. If Gajeel was letting them do damage to him then that doesnt count cause if Gajeel was to fight back then they would had gotten destoyed

We need a calc that puts fodders somewhere and not just scale them to characters we dont even know if they are even comparable or not

Levy was able to keep up with Kawazu and Yomazu, who gave Gajeel trouble.

Cana was able to damage Kain, who kept up with Natsu.

AnonymousBlank said:
High 7-As get that because most of them pair up to fight Spriggans and barely scrape out a win. X784 doesn't really have that.
There were instances of this on Tenrou as well, such as Lisanna, Levy, and Cana teaming up to fight against Kain and still having trouble.

Gajeel has Low 7-B dura. Him letting them land the hits doesn't change his dura at all so it is a feat for them. Just because someone can bully you in a fight doesn't mean you can't scale stat wise.

^A while back, and it's not necessarily a 2x Multiplier, it's that Zeref added a power greater than his own to his own power, essentially it was a 1+1=2 situation

DragonGamerZ913 said:
Levy was able to keep up with Kawazu and Yomazu, who gave Gajeel trouble.
Cana was able to damage Kain, who kept up with Natsu.
Iirc Levy only provided as support while also running away and Gajeel kept trying to protect her from those 2

I could had sworn that Cana used something similar to sexy cards to get Cain's attention but it was really up to Natsu and Lucy....who used his doll to beat him

@Anonymous

If i was to relax my body for a little kid (whom im stronger than) to hit me then possibly but if i was to go all out flexing my stomach and the kid punch me there then would the kid actually be able to hurt me? U are pretty much saying that they are on Natsu's lvl which isnt the case AT ALL. Gajeel let himself be hurt because he let them attack him

Later own in the arc^ Levy, Lisanna, and Cana teamed up to defeat Kain, Yomazu, and Komazu, however I forget if that was anime only or not, so it may very well be unusable

Yep, those fights were anime only^

I still mostly agree with anonymous's method of backscaling to Baseline Low 7-B

Aldoron blitzed tf out of Natsu before he could even comprehend anything.

But I am kinda sad now that we can't get a Multi Continent Level feat from this arc anymore. Dang Mashima you could have just made Aldoron take a leap equal to his body length or something.

Back