• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Discussion Rule Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So coming hot off the heels of a certain thread with a certain frequently brought up and addressed topic, I've decided it's high time for a discussion rule for Fairy Tail. It specifically has to do with the topic of Wall's and Natsu's heat, which was recently discussed here and being rejected after already being discussed and rejected here. The arguments brought in were already addressed in the first thread, and then the next thread proceeded to use the exact same ones. Nothing new was brought in.

Given that these two threads happened within a rather short term, I'd like to put a moratorium on future attempts to push the same arguments repeatedly. Hence why I am proposing a discussion rule.

My current draft of it looks something like this:

“Do not attempt to downgrade the heat of Wall’s Magic Confinement Fusion and/or X792 Peak Base Natsu’s Fire without new, relevant information. The topic has been discussed repeatedly, and it has been agreed that their heat scales to 200 million degrees Celsius, shown here.”

So yeah, hopefully this should be pretty straightforward.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Also, it is recommended to add instances of the downgrade threads. One example of how an ideal discussion rule looks like:
It is respectfully requested that any attempts to initiate or perpetuate discussions regarding the downgrade of Venuzdonoa's Tier 1 rating in the series Maou Gakuin be abstained from. The previous discussions have thoroughly examined the specific evidence presented, and it is believed that further debate on this matter would be redundant and unproductive. It is emphasized that the Silver Sea should be considered a part of the creation and that the argument of Anos being unaware of its existence is flawed , as he was involved in a multitude of matters where his awareness may have been limited. Since everything has been discussed here, here, here and here, the threads have been very controversial and even more so the most recent one but they have been completely rejected with practically 1500 post of debate between the 4 threads of practically the same as the past attempts. Additionally, it is worth noting that the claim of Venuzdonoa being treated as a "No Limits Fallacy" is outdated, as the character has demonstrated the ability to destroy everything it has encountered in the series so far, and is supported by a number of feats that can be easily verified in its profile.

Edit: Also, the draft is fine, but it could be improved in terms of clarity and readability, here is my suggestion:
Please refrain from attempting to diminish the intensity of Wall's Magic Confinement Fusion and/or X792 Peak Base Natsu's Fire unless you possess new, relevant information that challenges the previously discussed and universally accepted heat scale of 200 million degrees Celsius. The previous discussions have thoroughly examined the specific evidence presented, and it is believed that further debate on this matter would be redundant and unproductive since everything has been discussed here, here, here, and here. (add links)

Also, the link you used in your proposed draft is broken.

Last edited:
If the topic has only come up twice recently, then I don't think that a rule is necessary for this.

The second thread was closed not because it was rejected but because it was made too soon after the previous thread. In fact the actual staff votes on that thread were one in agreement, one in disagreement, and one neutral.

So I don't think it's fair to say that the topic has been repeatedly rejected on here.

The crux of this is that the same arguments used in both threads have already been thoroughly addressed and debunked, hence why I'm specifying that threads on the topic can be made, but only if new, relevant information exists.

I don't want 5 bajillion threads on how OP just doesn't trust the translation "just because." And sure, there was a staff agreement with the thread, but I feel said agreement was hardly substantiated - especially in the presence of overwhelming evidence against the thread.

Yeah but there’s only been like 3 of them. Other series had like more then 5 then decided to make a rule.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such rule included in the draft that I created. However, it is important to exercise caution when considering one particular aspect:
This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate or have been rejected due to a clear conflict with the wiki's rules or standards. If a thread passes or is rejected without significant opposition, then opposition should not be restricted from making a point.
I apologize for commenting in this thread, but this post might hinder any ongoing discussions in which @BlackeJan is participating.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such rule included in the draft that I created. However, it is important to exercise caution when considering one particular aspect:

I apologize for commenting in this thread, but this post might hinder any ongoing discussions in which @BlackeJan is participating.
And what do u mean by that?

Based on the evidence and scaling, it does seem pretty straightforward, and it's not as if the value is outlandish for the verse.
So to me the value of at least 200000000C seems like a no-brainer for Wall and by extension X792 Natsu.

That said, if what Damage says is true, then it doesn't sound like this is a large enough and heated enough (no pun intended) debate to warrant a discussion rule.

So does this suggestion have sufficient support to apply now?

The thread can be closed. It has been rejected by three staff members (2 thread mods, and one admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back