• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 12

I also think it's best to wait with the Etherion scaling discussion. While Ignia's statement is more justification for Dragon Gods scaling to Etherion, it still isn't solid enough.

As it stands now, the same thing that happened in the last thread might happen again, since there is still no 100% proof.

So just wait, and in the future, when/if we get more info, just use Ignia's statement as a supportive justification

Likely is good enough for me anyways, it addresses the opposers and the supporters

All in all, it just feels safer even if I do think they should fully scale

Nerd1435 said:
God Dragons Durability >> Etherion going by Ignia's statement about no human weapon existing that could hurt a God Dragon.
Etherion is a pretty well known thing. And also the tech in Giltena seems much superior to Ishgar.
we dont need to discuss 6A ft, wait till selena drop some moomn on ft earth

Aldoron is the largest Dragon in this world

The moon could be considered out of this world if the world is earth, therefore Selene is as big as the moon

Oh yeah, it just occured to me that Natsu would have no idea who Irene even is, he never met or even saw her, he was unconscious the entire time she was around Wendy and Erza

So unless he was informed of who she was by Erza or Wendy, he has no idea who Irene is

I guess selene has a couple worlds stored somewhere in space lol.

but joking aside, if she can in fact create planets... oh boy.

By the way, i dont see how Ignia pointing out that no human made weapon, which inlcudes etherion, cn hurt a god dragon is news to anyone. we know how strong these dragons are, it should be a given.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Oh f*ck, I didn't even think of that, that one line gave more justification for 6-A
Now that I think about it, if only those cannons were comparable to Etherion instead of Jupiter ƒÿö
you should read the chapter. those cannons were not stated to be comparable to jupiter, they are stated to be stronger.

Just how much space does Giltena have anyway?, Aldoron is about 50km long, but he still has massive areas of land where nothing seems to exist for him to comfortably move

Davidsteel1 said:
Just how much space does Giltena have anyway?, Aldoron is about 50km long, but he still has massive areas of land where nothing seems to exist for him to comfortably move
81km

Just did some blog stuff and if my blog of Crocus's size is accepted, the Aldoron Calc would become High 6-B

@Mitch also make a Blog for Aldoron's KE while it stands up.

It is not just change in PE because not all forces are conservative to just compare initial and final states.

We need to actually consider a time frame and look at the speed at which Aldoron raised his/her body.

Pretty sure we will get Continental results. If not continental, we at least get Large Country+ results.

20 seconds should be a reasonable time frame assumption tbh.

When a character just picking themself up after a long nap is one of the most impressive feats in the series

I can make a KE calc after I get my Crocus size evaluated

I mean if Aldoron yawing can cause an entire huge Storm Cloud split, then an actual roar could split the f*cking atmosphere probably

Literally just as the calc was about to be upgraded to High 6-B, someone pointed out a flaw in the Cloud calc, it won't be High 6-B, just a higher level of 6-B

Assuming the new calc is accurate, the results will be roughly the same as your original calc where Aldo-boyo was 80km, that'd be a hell of a coincidence

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Literally just as the calc was about to be upgraded to High 6-B, someone pointed out a flaw in the Cloud calc, it won't be High 6-B, just a higher level of 6-B
I noticed that immediately after my density comment tbh. ƒæÇ

But ngl, I didn't want to change it

Btw, why don't we use the MPF power levels for scaling?

Hiro gave us direct power comparisons between the likes of Jura (8544) and Milliana (365) for example. I know One Piece uses the same thing with Doriki, so why aren't we using the same thing for FT?

I mean, we are, we do scale Jura above Orga and him over Millianna

We also scale Cana with Fairy Giltter above Jura, so that's already in effect

I meant using the exact numbers.

Jura scales to 43.9 megatons.

Milliana is 8544/365 = 23.4 times weaker, which means she would scale to 43.9/23.4 = 1.8 megatons.

I suppose she already scales to Low 7-B funnily enough, but using the exact numbers of MPF would make more sense in my opinion.

cuz power levels are bullshit

Power levels should probably only be used to determine the general scaling between the characters I think, I don't believe using the actual specific numbers would be to our benefit especially since it essentially falls apart once we get to characters that scale above Cana's FG, plus it's kinda useless after the GMG arc

I mean yeah, it would be useless in determining characters after the GMG arc, but it is an exact comparison between the characters the way Hiro actually views it, so it should be the most accurate.

I disagree. If we are given exact numbers in the manga, they should be more reliable. Besides, as I already mentioned, the One Piece scaling on vsbattles uses the same logic in determining the scaling between characters.

Actually regarding the gmg scaling couldn't we use the Jura and Orga fight as scaling for how much stronger someone has to be to one shot in FT.

I think OP using that method is flawed as well. But the excuse it has is it is exclusively rating the physical stats of the characters in question, ours on the other hand rates the level of magical energy in their attacks, this presents issues that I'm forced to type 2 paragraphs on below, as it extends to my general issues with power levels and multipliers.

As far as I'm concerned for Pl's to be viable we need the exact level of energy found in a single unit of the relevant power system, so for FT we need to know exactly how much energy a single unit of magic power contains. From their we'd need an idea of how the energy stacks, is it directly additive? Is it multiplicative? Is it exponential? I say this because too often I see we immediately think because a character says he has 2x more energy than usual it immediately means he is twice as powerful, but as far as we know this 2x increase in energy could actually be a 10x increase in overall power, I've full on read stories where a character has had her energy split into 4 parts all of equal size, but when she gets all the power back she becomes several thousand times more powerful than she was when she had 1. Only when we have these two things explicitly shown and explained to us should we use specific numbers from PLs.

I imagine the argument I will receive is that these are far too stringent criteria to be met, and I agree but I consider them necessary because more often than not PLs are nothing more than arbitrary numbers, whereby the only consistent logic they abide by is that numerical growth denotes an increase in power. They are far too loose and I'll defined to be considered safe to use, only when we see greater forethought into the PL system should we use it.

All we can confirm is that more magic power equals a stronger character

Unlocking a second origin increases the container and amount of magic power you can wield at a time and this gives everyone who gets it an incredible increase in power

So doubling someone's magic power should at least increase their AP by 2x, but I don't think we can confirm that it's a solid higher multiplier

I mean fluctuations in emotion can have huge likely exponential amps

LFDM couldn't do sh*t to Base Mard Geer, but after an emotion boost, Base Natsu was able to pressure Etherious Mard Geer

Back