• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 10

Yoyco said:
Erza didn't have anti ds lol. She just had ds magic against dragons not slayers. Wendy, natsu & gray had nothing to do with this fight? Those swords had their elements not their power.
Dragon Slaying magic is apparently also strong against Dragon Slayers, thats why Erza used the Dragon Slaying Sword agaisnt Kiria and even straight up said that she will use her to test how well it cuts. Erza also activated the Dragon Slayer Seal against Laxus, a pointless thing unless it actually gives her an advantage against Dragons Slayer. I will also remind you that Dragon Slayer Magic changes the the body to the constitution of a Dragon, and are often considered Dragons by others

https://i3.**********.com/fairy-tail/1/fairy-tail-1767065.jpg

So yeah, Erza has an anti-dragon and anti-dragon slayer weapon. The same goes for the seal, which she only has thanks to Wendy (so she did play a part on this fight, indirectly).

That is not the same as being a dragon or having dragon force, we have seen dragon slayers one shotted before by non dragon slayer means. That statement only means there is no guarantee that it is affective at all, she was referring to actual dragons.

CNBA3 said:
That is not the same as being a dragon or having dragon force, we have seen dragon slayers one shotted before by non dragon slayer means. That statement only means there is no guarantee that it is affective at all, she was referring to actual dragons.
Dragon Slayers can be affected by regular magic, this just means that Dragon Slaying Magic is specially effective against them. As simple as that.

Dragon Slaying Magic changes the human body to that of a Dragon, even without Dragon Force or Dragonification they are partly dragons, thats how the magic works and thats why they smell like dragons or gain the enhanced senses of a dragon, or why they get motion sickness.

Again, Erza used a Dragon Slayer Sword against Kiria and said that she got it to exterminate dragons and that she would test it on Kiria. That pretty much means that it is indeed effective on Dragon Slayers too.

https://i6.**********.com/fairy-tail-100-years-quest/15/fairy-tail-100-years-quest-11693005.jpg

https://i6.**********.com/fairy-tail-100-years-quest/15/fairy-tail-100-years-quest-11693011.jpg

There is also the fact that Erza activated the Dragon Slayer seal against Laxus. The seal only gives access to Dragon Slaying Magic via enchantment, it doesnt boost attack power or anything. If Erza used it against Laxus is because Dragon Slayer are indeed counted as Dragons and the seal is effective against them.

https://i4.**********.com/fairy-tail-100-years-quest/43/fairy-tail-100-years-quest-13141351.jpg

The manga has straight up showed on different occasions that Dragon Slaying Magic is indeed effective against Dragon Slayers.

Even physical attacks as well, such as Erza one punching him. It only changes it to a small degree, they are still affectively human, it is only when they over use it when they become more dragons, Erza's comment was based on a hypothesis, there is no concrete statement that it is affective on dragon slayers themselves. It does when it is part of a magic sword that converts all magic I to attack power. Dragon Slayers are not immune to magic, Dragons are, that is why Dragon Slayers exist, we do not even know what the nature of Dragon Eaters are besides their diet of dragons.

The manga is quite straightforward about it, Erza used the Dragon Slayer Seal against Laxus. The only thing that seal does is give her attacks Dragon Slayer properties. If Erza activated the seal is because dragon slayer magic is also specially effective against Dragon Slayers.

Sorry dude, you cant deny what the manga clearly showed.

Dragon slayer magic has also been touted to be unusually destructive magic, if the dragon seal grants dragon slayer properties, going by the above logic we could also argue that activating it for the Laxus fight is due to needing its destructive power. A more reasonable assumption than assuming that DS magic is super effective against DS when that weakness has never been stated

she didn't state or confirmed it to be affective against DS, as it is proven, Laxus was not drastically injured after only one hit and she had to switch other swords. and when she did, especially for Gray's Ice Demon Sword, it was more affective than that previous sword, so no, it is not exclusively affective against DS, that is what the Manga showed, even using her regular swords were affective enough to push Laxus to the brink

DSM definitely isn't super effective against DS or Natsu would have died after fighting all the DS comparable to or stronger than him.

All of Erza's attacks, including Gray's sword or Heaven's Wheel Armor, had dragon slaying properties thanks to the dragon slayer seal. Gray's sword had Devil Slaying magic in addition to Dragon Slaying magic, so of course it was gonna be effective.

https://i5.**********.com/fairy-tail-100-years-quest/18/fairy-tail-100-years-quest-11870785.jpg

Also, Erza implied against Kiria that Dragon Slaying magic was more effective against Dragon Slayers. Then you have her straight up using the Dragon Slayer Seal, which only gives Dragon Slayer properties (it doesnt boost attack power) against Laxus. You have two cases when Erza had to resort to Dragon Slaying Magic to fight Dragon Slayers.

Dragon Slaying magic is only specially destructive against dragons, thats why Dragon Slayers can have equal fights against opponents of their same level that dont use DS magic. Again, the DS Seal doesnt boost Erza's attack power unless you are a Dragon. Also Natsu and the rest of Team Natsu should have died when they fought Hades who is way above them, or when they fought Mard Geer, but that wont happen, cause they are the MCs and are protected by plot lol.

Are you guys really gonna ignore how the sequel straight up showed in two occasions that Dragon Slaying magic is effective against Dragons Slayers too?. Well, whatever, im tired of this discussion already. It just seems funny how there are no justifications for Erza using the DS Seal unless it means thats its strong against DS too. If the sequel doesnt show Erza using it against non dragons or non DS opponents will be prove of it.

That's nice, as long as you're done with the discussion let's move on to something else- hopefully something that doesn't involve us arguing headcanon.

there is no proof of that all their weapons had dragon slayer properties, that was only when Wendy enchants things, Erza only implied that her sword would be affective against Dragons, just to see if it would work on Kiria who is not a dragon. Her sword only makes her attack power grow exponensially.

WEndys Enchantment Is What Her Dragon Slaying Ability is also It should only work against first gen and second gen because they are the only ones with dragon seed idk bout 5th gen

I do not see how second gen have dragon seeds since they have been using magic as long if not longer than the First gen have, it is not exclusive as even Rogue and Sting have Dragon Seeds. But again, there is no evidence that DS magic is affective at all against Dragon Slayers, only assumptions which were disproven later on.

On another note, what do you guys think about making Gildarts At least High 7-A, possibly High 6-C, because he did take a lot of attacks from August and Clash hands with him for a bit, not to mention he drew blood from him as well with his strongest attack, which likely warrants at least a possibly

He wouldn't straight up scale, but be a possibly

I think that would be fine given he wouldn't have been able to hurt him without being somewhat comparable in terms of AP

We had this debate before. August played with him the whole fight, giving him no different treatment than he gave to Cana.

Even his strongest attack only gave him a nosebleed and required to destroy his proesthetic arm in the process.

He scales in speed, but AP wise he got nothing on August.

I know that people here consider the anime as supportive canon because Mashima works there, but the amount of input he gives is unknown and we can't tell what part has his collaboration.

That's why I always go with the manga over the anime.

Just gonna bring this up here. I think God Serena's AP justification should be changed a bit. It should include overwhelmed Base Natsu and several other Fairy Tail members as a historia rather than should be stronger than Brandish.

Base Natsu is a good benchmark since he has so many showings of competing with everyone

Why is most of FT charactera Sub Rel? that Erza feat was reaction and combat speed so why is it being applied to for travel/movement?

Again this is inaccurate

BlackeJan said:
Why is most of FT charactera Sub Rel? that Erza feat was reaction and combat speed so why is it being applied to for travel/movement?
Again this is inaccurate
we already discussed it. again 1 guy opinion didnt matter. while you are already debunked om previous thread

Um, this isn't what he said before. Blacke is rather plainly asking why a combat speed feat is applied to travel speed. Granted we don't exactly have a travel speed for these guys iirc so not sure how to solve that issue.

@1997

Learn to read bro. I was never debunked either so nice try on that one and 1 guy opnion can be 1000x better then anyone else combined so you honestly need to try a bit harder on the arguments

Aww darn, if everyone didn't forget what happened after the events of Hero's then I guess it can't be considered canon at all

Such as shame Shiki's Meteor Feat is uncanon

Back