• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EXTREMELY URGENT: Gfycat is shutting down completely on September 1st. Please help out with replacing all of our wiki gif links to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep encountering "Upstream Request Timeout" and "504 Gateway Timeout Error" when I attempt to upload, or sometimes simply access the upload page. Does anyone have any idea of why, or advice for me to try and rectify this? I was able to complete all of the "L's" on Page 1 of the list last Monday, however seem to have hit a roadblock since attempting to work on the "M's". Although able to make approximately 112 edits in one day initially, I find myself barely able to progress since, due in part to these errors.

Edit: I have now also encountered "Error 503 Backend fetch failed".

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems in this regard. Agnaa is probably correct, but it may also be some kind of inbuilt protection against regular members uploading lots of images.

@Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Shadowbokunohero @Ogurtsow @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Marvel_Champion_07 @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer

Would those of you who are not already helping out with this project and are not already very busy with other wiki and forum tasks be willing to help out here please?

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems in this regard. Agnaa is probably correct, but it may also be some kind of inbuilt protection against regular members uploading lots of images.

@Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Shadowbokunohero @Ogurtsow @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Marvel_Champion_07 @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer

Would those of you who are not already helping out with this project and are not already very busy with other wiki and forum tasks be willing to help out here please?
I've been busy with real life matters as of late and "busy" with some other things I've been working on in the wiki proper, but regardless, I'll go over this tomorrow and see what I can do.

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏

We have organised the pages with links that need to be replaced for easy overview.

Also, our wiki manager told me that he will help us out with blocking the usage of any further usage of Gfycat links in our wiki.

Should we announce a policy for banning Gfycat links from this wiki? Idk if there is one already
Not necessary.
  • The site will shut down later in the winter (September)
  • @Antvasima announced this twice and made an official announcement in forum which hold for weeks.
  • Adding a rule in editing page while the page will no longer be accessible is also redundant.
  • The wiki manager will add a block filter that blocks its usage completely

I will be handling all the letters after P, and I will be handling H - K as well since no one is doing those. After that, I can move to the other letters to speed up the process.
I have finished Q-Z, so pages that start with the letter "P" should be at the very bottom of the DPL.

I will work on H - K now.

No problem. Any constructive help is much better than no help. 🙏

Anyway, thanks a massive lot for all of your help. 🙂🙏💖🎊🎉🥳

I will inform our wiki manager about this, so he can block Gfycat links from ever being used in our wiki in the future.
Be sure to include redgifs too. Also, what about the 1542 links remaining on User: pages? I'll do them if nobody else wants to.

Thank you a massive lot for helping out so much. 🙏🙂💖

All those pages are personal pages? Are we really forced to do this for them?

For record, those all members are here and active:

And many more.

All of them are actually sandboxes/blogs. This should be a low priority task with no rush.
The concern is that after gfycat shuts down, people might grab up the URLs and turn them into virus-ridden sites, so the task needs to be accomplished even for seemingly irrelevant stuff.

If you're trying to put them on imgur just right click the video on gfy, hit "copy link address" or whatever it says in english, then just past in imgur and it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back