• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EXTREMELY URGENT: Gfycat is shutting down completely on September 1st. Please help out with replacing all of our wiki gif links to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Earlier, I discovered new domains for Gfycat links, such as "giant.gfycat.com". Additionally, there were some links that only started with "//gfycat.com", but these links would still fall within the scope of the %gfycat.com% DPL query, so there should be no concerns.

These links were found in various calculation blogs. And speaking of which, I have removed all instances of Gfycat links from the calculation blogs, including the newly discovered links mentioned above.

All blogs with "Calculations" categories have been cleared. BUT, there are most likely still calculation blogs that don't have the "Calculations" category.
Thanks a lot for helping out so much. You are amazingly awesome. 🙂🙏❤️

Some minor update:
Now that I've gained a feel of my workflow and speed, I estimate that I'll be completing the blogs within the next two days.

While disregarding profile drafts, joke posts, and other less significant blogs, I have made progress up to "User blog:K". Then after that, I will proceed to work on pages within the main namespace.

I noticed that the information is now alphabetized, thank you it's very helpful! I have decided to start working from L on the first page, with the goal of getting through at least L - P this week. Just wanted to put a note so if anyone else is working alphabetically, they know i'm covering those and can choose others, for efficiency :)

Last edited:
I noticed that the information is now alphabetized, thank you it's very helpful! I have decided to start working from L on the first page, with the goal of getting through at least L - P today. Just wanted to put a note so if anyone else is working alphabetically, they know i'm covering those and can choose others, for efficiency :)
Yes.

While consulting Ya Boi King Kai for a solution to expand the list and overcome the 500-item limit, I made some adjustments to the DPL code that Ant was going to copy so that it was organized in alphabetical order.

I have not properly focused (Main) namespace yet, so feel free to work on whatever you prefer at the moment. I'm currently in the process of wrapping up the blogs namespace, especially the important ones.

Thank you for the help.

Yes, I created a composite version of the code that Ya Boi King Kai instructed Just a Random Butler to use.

sorry for intruding, but question, how can i know if a gif is already added or not?

is there a warning for that kinda thing?

You get an automated warning message if you try to upload a file to our wiki that is identical to a file that has already been uploaded, but I would be surprised if Imgur has a similar automated function.

Also, just a note that Butler, King Kai, and I have updated our list of pages with Gfycat links to turn far better organised.

Thank you very much for helping out, although in your case you are doing many other tasks already, so it is probably not necessary. 🙏

Update:

I have completed the conversion of all gfycat links in blogs to internal links, including those in profile drafts. Initially, I had not intended to include drafts, but it was necessary so we can identify if there are newly created blogs that utilized gfycat links. As a result, I went ahead and decided to just clear all of them.

I will now transition to the Main namespace, and I will make sure to avoid the pages starting from L - P, as QueenCripple said they will already handle those.

Could replacing gfycat with imgur links be okay? Though, somewhat when I pasted them it doesn’t seem to appear in the uploaded files section

Could replacing gfycat with imgur links be okay? Though, somewhat when I pasted them it doesn’t seem to appear in the uploaded files section
That's what we're doing at the moment, yes.

If imgur shuts down tho, our site is as good as dead.

That's what we're doing at the moment, yes.

If imgur shuts down tho, our site is as good as dead.
Which is why I keep telling people to upload images to our wiki and link to them instead whenever possible, but if they keep refusing to do so, there isn't much else I can do about the issue.

Which is why I keep telling people to upload images to our wiki and link to them instead whenever possible, but if they keep refusing to do so, there isn't much else I can do about the issue.
It's not that I have an issue doing so, I am more than happy to do it, but I more so fear FANDOM clamping down our necks in fear of copyright trolls, and we both know we need both References and Image scans to make heads and tails out of feats. I have already done this with some of the verses I support but I fear it is only a matter of time before we all get caught with our pants down.

Plus, we lack an albums function for when one feat requires multiple scans to explain, not to mention the obvious image size limit we are currently faced with. That needs to be dealt with as well.

Either way, it's derailing and best left for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back