• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everything Fire Brigade of Flames General Discussion Thread

He tanks ki blasts not energy blasts tbf. That's a bad argument. We only know that ki can explode. But anyway I don't even think resistance to explosions is a thing and if it is it shouldn't be because the only way I see that ever being is a thing is from someone literally making your body explode and you resisting it which is more of a resistance to matter manipulation

Damage3245 said:
It depends exactly on what you're tanking.

Goku tanks energy blasts all the time but I'm pretty sure we don't have him down as "Resistant to Energy".

Simply being hit by an explosion and withstanding it could mean you're durable enough to tank it, not that you're specially resistant.
Probably because it's so common nobody realizes it, to be honest. There's hundreds of times he's been hit with a stronger Ki blast and survived.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2701842#11

Going by the logic in this thread, characters shouldn't get resistance to fire/explosion manip by tanking stuff like lava or the sun if they are past tier 8. The only way they would get that resistance from tanking a fire attack from another character would be if that character is normally able to hurt them with their other attacks, just not the fire ones, as a big AP advantage makes fire useless. This also works the other way around, if a character is able to burn characters several tiers above them, but not hurt them with their normal attacks, then that's really hot/potent fire.

Why wouldn't it make sense? The logic behind this was that our tiering system uses joules of energy, which is why tier 8s can tank the heat of the sun by default.

So it was disagreed that if u tank the temperature of a fire attack then you can't be resistant to a fire attack of a similar tier??

It depends on where the fire came from and the character's tier. Someone like Naruto wouldn't get burned by a flamethrower and him tanking one doesn't mean he has fire resistance.

I understand where you're coming from, I used to think that way too, but with the way the tiering system works, it doesn't apply that way.

I don't know, a lot of the profiles follow the logic of "It doesn't matter what tier you are or what tier the fire is, if it doesn't work on you then you resist it". Ignoring higher dimensional tiering.

It depends if they have a resistance.

Hunter x Hunter has people up against opponents far stronger than them, but can't resist simple paralysis or electricity, despite said character being strong enough to OHK.

That's because paralysis isn't a physical attack. There was a thread made a while ago for electricity to be partially dura negating, but it was disagreed on and considered the same as just plain AP.

Welp, guess resistance to fire manip is now an unspoken rule.

Anyways, do the other resistances up top make sense? I'm planning a big CRT for a couple of characters like Benimaru.

So, did any of the KE feats get accepted, because if not, we should make changes based on what we have

Wow, Shinra's Super Fire design is very weird, I mean he has japanese lettering on his face that's shadowed out, but he seems to be pretty strong, definitey above Rapid and Corna, probably below his Adolla Burst, also the Soul Eater Moon is back

I loved the reference about Soul Eater, and yes, his new form is absolutely above Corna and Rapid. Shinra with Rapid can't even move Burns but hid new form stomped him

I wouldn't say a stomp necessarily, but he is winning, we should wait to see, because this form has just gotten started

Burns abilitie looks like Escanor's. Absorbing the heat/sun light and using it as his power. Cool, we will need a new abilitie addition thread soon

So the manga says that Super Fire Form Shinra's flames are Blue, which would be cool if I could see their color

Are there any lightning attacks in the show, because we do have that new way to calc lightning bolts

Back