• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Return of The Fire Force Revision Threads!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maitreya pretty much, Adolla makes it very explicit on how the characters are treated where they’re actual background characters in a story and they have specific roles to play in the narrative, with the author statement kind of verifying it being the case. The fact the meta narrative context is what’s describing the ability makes this plot manipulation as opposed to it being just reality warping.

it’s a very specific type of reality warping. In the same way on how Immortality Negation or Regeneration negation are very specific types of power Nullification that require additional context for you to gain said abilities.

The video game scan in of itself doesn’t exactly tell me much given he mentions about a character being an enemy and we cut to some random fight with no additional context on the meta statements. The biggest support for Arthur getting plot hax is the “change the narrative” line but that would need more elaboration via meta-narrative context if you want this to be solid plot hax. At the very best it would be possible Plot hax.
Ok gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, I’m fine with the possible rating for plot manipulation for Arthur if that is still applicable.

For more context on the video game scan: Arthur needed to get way stronger in order to fight Dragon and the way he got stronger was to go on a “journey.” This journey being him just playing a video game.

The interesting thing to note here was that what was happening in Arthur’s video game was simultaneously happening in real life too. This was even visually represented to show how Arthur was “impacting” the real world with video game pixelated backgrounds being present in some of the fights. With what Arthur was doing just by playing a video game at home causing the same thing to happen in the real world outside too.

On his profile page they list the power as Information Manipulation (they don’t specify the type but I assume it’s type 2 because of how Arthur is fundamentally impacting reality). I assumed this was from Arthur’s plot manipulation “changing the narrative” (unbeknownst to him) of the world around him of the events from his video game impacting the events happening in real life, but idk if this would qualify as more evidence for Arthur’s plot manipulation of if it should just remain as information manipulation.

Ability Additions: Revised Version​

Composite Powers- This will be changed to ‘likely’ composite ability additions for Adolla’s profile.

Mind and Soul Interconnect- No issue brought up, remains the same as OP

Nonexistent Physiology- Removed from proposals based on input from staff, will be changed instead to Abstract Existence type 1 for the characters who qualify.

Conceptual Manipulation- No issue brought forth, remains the same as OP.

Plot Manipulation- Adolla’s profile is accepted as having plot manipulation, Arthur’s profile will have a possibly rating for plot manipulation. (Maybe, subject to change)

Higher Dimensional Existence- No issue brought forth, remains the same as OP.

Fate Manipulation- No contention brought up, remains the same as OP.

Shinra’s Profile- The last point which has yet to reach a conclusion, for clarities sake as this point was not mentioned in the original OP, Shinra should be receiving Adolla’s abilities due to Shinra fusing with the Evangelists’ doppelgänger who turns out to be his mother. Thus giving him all the powers and abilities The Evangelist employs due to the nature of how soul fusion works in Fire Force as well as all the other evidence cited in the OP. (Note-Will be listed as only possibly on his profile.)

The wank is unparalleled, and I'm all for it. (this is for the revised version)

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

Composite Powers- This will be changed to ‘likely’ composite ability additions for Adolla’s profile.

Nonexistent Physiology- Removed from proposals based on input from staff, will be changed instead to Abstract Existence type 1 for the characters who qualify.

Plot Manipulation- Adolla’s profile is accepted as having plot manipulation, Arthur’s profile will have a possibly rating for plot manipulation. (Maybe, subject to change)

Shinra’s Profile- The last point which has yet to reach a conclusion, for clarities sake as this point was not mentioned in the original OP, Shinra should be receiving Adolla’s abilities due to Shinra fusing with the Evangelists’ doppelgänger who turns out to be his mother. Thus giving him all the powers and abilities The Evangelist employs due to the nature of how soul fusion works in Fire Force as well as all the other evidence cited in the OP. (Note-Will be listed as only possibly on his profile.)
I don't have any opinion in the Plot stuffs, rest is fine.

Plot manipulation stuff was already covered and clarified thanks to Glassman’s input.

Now that I have the right number of staff agreements for this thread with no other contentions, I will begin to start applying the changes onto the respective profiles when I get the chance to if that’s alright with everybody.

I’ll ask to close the thread when I finish.

Plot manipulation stuff was already covered and clarified thanks to Glassman’s input.

Now that I have the right number of staff agreements for this thread with no other contentions, I will begin to start applying the changes onto the respective profiles when I get the chance to if that’s alright with everybody.

I’ll ask to close the thread when I finish.
***** moving faster than the GoH CRT, sad to see bossman.

Shouldn’t there be law manipulation for adolla?

We havent decided on what his power should be yet.

I suggested
Physics Manipulation/Heat Manipulation & Space-Time Manipulation (Gravity - Atomic - Through the Adolla Burst Faerie can tamper with the law of universal gravitation allowing him to change the mass of matter by adding heat to atoms thus manipulating gravity. Through altering mass Faerie can distort both space and time allowing him stop time)

Since the gravity effect is merely a byproduct of the physics and heat hax it shouldn't be mentioned as its own manipulation yk.

I have a question:

Does the Higher Dimension Material also scale to Lord Death and Asura? I mean, Lord Death was created by Shinra to be his superior/substitute as the "God" of creation and Asura is literally Adolla only a new, more stylish form. I don't think it makes sense that they are from different dimensional levels.

Last edited:
I have a question:

Does the Higher Dimension Material also scale to Shinigami and Asura? I mean, Shinigami was created by Shinra to be his superior/substitute as the "God" of creation and Asura is literally Adolla only a new, more stylish form. I don't think it makes sense that they are from different dimensional levels.
You talk about the rock Joker grabbed?

Ah. I may have screwed up on which NEP I was intending on as this may be more akin to type 3 NEP. The evidence used for type 3 can found right here where it is stated that Adolla both exists and doesn’t at the same time due to it being a world of pure perception. Which I also go more in depth in

I believe this applies for type 3 NEP because as outlined on the page, in terms of a binary this would be the equivalent to being 1 and 0 at the same time.

Adolla should already qualify as a 0 in terms of a binary system as it is made up purely of thoughts and imagination. I believe this qualifies as a thought (as in like the thought bubbles you see is used for a characters’ thought) lacks any ontological “real” material existence in the same way a rock lacks a soul.

Thanks for clarifying.
It lacks a material existence, yes, however it still exists. That's not NEP.

Just to quickly clarify something, but in terms of qualifying as materially nonexistent, like a 0 in terms of a binary system, would Adolla not already qualify as that for being composed of thoughts itself?

It’s not just the abstraction of things, Adolla itself is composed of the very thoughts and subconscious of humanity itself. It absorbs the thoughts of humanity. And from my understanding at least wouldn’t this qualify as a thought, like the thought bubbles we see representing a character’s mind, lacks any real ontological existence, like the same way a rock lacks a soul. At least that’s from what I understood of it.
Thoughts are existent, though abstract. I don't think you understand that NEP deals with the NONEXISTENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back