• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 5: With great power comes great responsibility ''yeah right'' (Thread 5)

Hmm?

I look around.

Looks like that guy really can time stop. Time control, seems pretty strong.

I use Mala Ratana to suck up the light spear that was thrown at me.

Everyone else seems to have attacking the knight handled, so I'm just going to keep observing and looking at the future for any sudden changes to the negative.

I look around again.

There are a lot of swords here.

Edwellken said:
@Andy

Magic, huh?

Now that they mention it, I learned a bit of that too just now. I hadn't thought I'd need to use it since most of it isn't necessary for swordplay, but... There are definitely some spells that would be useful in situations like this one.

"I'll try using the Find spell to locate our allies. How about..."

I focus on finding the location of Magnus and cast the spell.
"Look convenience...Can you teach me that somehow?"

I ask her, with great interest in my eyes, while I'm putting the finishing touch to the car

[@Paul, the swordsmanship of 0 and infinity are fundamentally incompatible due to their clashing concepts, though being able to use both is possible, using them simultaneously wouldn't be. Also, I transferred a bunch of boosts to you earlier, so your magic and your swords are amped up.]

[@Crimson, keep in mind mad enhancement decreases your coordination and skill level, so it's unlikely you could actually perform stuff like your selective shockwaves.]

"Boost" my gauntlet activates it's second boost, since the end of balance breaker.

"Bring him down!" I activate ultra charge, amplifying the party's next attack 2.5 x, combined with party heat riser, it will be 3.75x their normal strength. "Tetrakarn!" I follow it up by activating Tetrakarn to create reflective barriers around my allies, meanwhile, Haetae creates barriers around everyone who wouldn't be obstructed by it. [As in, they aren't charging, going CQC, or firing a projectile from their body.]

@Nice teamwork hobos

Ted finds what seems to be the exit.

"You think you're anything new? You dare talk of ignorance? You're all DEMONS!" Télos says as his aura turns red.

Everyone's vision turns red too as if they see the world through a red filter and it becomes harder to move because of Télos' sheer bloodlust.

Beerko seems to hit Télos, but it was an afterimage as he has already appeared behind her and smacks her away with his right arm breaking at least one of her ribs and uses acupuncture at the same time to paralyze her left arm. Nanaya's techniques are great, but adapting to his moves proves impossible as his way of fighting has changed completely. Télos cuts off all of Nanaya's tentacles with a single movement of his sword and kicks her away with enough force to shatter all bones in her torso. Then Alexander's portals open behind him and spears fly out. Télos dodges most spears but one of them pierces his stomach. Grodnlir has finally finished his little speech and has activated Fire Storm. The knight gestures upwards and pillars of white light shoot upwards destroying the balls of fire that came raining down. Magnus then stops time and the knight appears unable to move just like everyone who doesn't resist time stopping [looking at you Nasu "chads" jk. you don't resist time stop]. Magnus finds himself unable to create barriers or use telekinesis while time is stopped.

Time stopped just when Luminaris had finished his chant and another reality marble was shifting into reality and Koharu had just fired a barrage of weapons and had also projected a goldwn sword into her hands. Rompot is firing ice projectiles, Silas seems to just be looking around and Villager A had just started giving everyone support. Magnus is the only moving person in this frozen world. But then Télos seems to slowly and with a lot of effort turn around. He looks at all of his frozen enemies and then at Magnus.

"Thank you." he says before walking towards towards Koharu cutting her legs off and her left arm off. He attaches her left arm to himself, snatches away the golden sword and throws her at Luminaris. Télos now stands at a comepletely different position from where everyone was firing at.

Time resumes and Luminaris finds himself getting launched through a hill together with a Koharu who is missing her legs and her left arm. All attacks that were still being carried out when time was stopped miss, since Télos is now standing at another position.

Télos moves around his new arm a bit and it begins changing form in order to better fit his body. He then charges at Magnus with his own sowrd and Excalibur in his hands.

@Ed, Andy

Ryuka is able to locate Magnus. [does it tell you anything about the location and the environment or do you simply know where someone is?]

@Psycho

"We have some great cheeseburgers here. Let's go." Admiral Bass says before leading the way to a canteen.

Grimm and Admiral Bass sit down after getting their food.

"So do you like it?" Admiral Bass asks.

"It is quite enjoyable and good, but it is also odd... where I come from something like this doesnt exist so I didnt know what to expect"

In a blink of an eye I look around, my spell has been thwarted.

Luminaris is on the ground, Koharu is without legs and an arm and the rider is attacking Magnus.

I take a deep breath, trying to think clearly.

I have an idea, but it will be risky.

I pour the magical energy into my hands, lighting up with green energy.

"All of you! Erect immediately a protective barrier! The resistance to magic will not help you!" I warn the others, then use Mass Paralysis, creating an immense explosion of green energy, paralyzing anyone who hits.

Beerko stands up, seemingly not caring about her wounds. "H -hic- ah! This means noooothing~!" She pulls out her Sake gourd. "Multitude of Colors - Providential Oni Poison!" She activates Providential Oni Poison, giving Telos every negative status effect you can think of, such as poison, sleep, paralysis, power null, etc.

[I suggest you create a protective barrier, my spells ignore magical resistance and you will most likely be paralyzed]

This is certainly quite the spectacle, although there were definitely some movements that Telos didn't do on his own. The sheer strength and speed is definitely more than enough of an appeal for me to step in, although I have the distinct feeling that most of the people he attacked are about to get back up.

For now, I just keep my seat warm, observing his movements and style for later exploitation.

I ... messed up badly there.

I think sorry, as i see that the knight was able to move in stopped time, while a lot of my allies weren't actually able to.

I look at the charging Telos with cold anger in my eyes, as i pull the real Yeoui out and go in to Speed Mode, to counter the slowdown causes by the bloodlust aura, then i dash towards him, causing a sonic boom to be created because of the sheer. speed.

"Take this !"

I shout, as i use Magnus Original: Song of Time to rapidly two handely swing my weapon at the demon hunter, while skipping time in-between attacks to fasten the rate of my hits, all as i use Mind's Eye, my analitical abilities and mind reading to try predics his attacks to counter then with my own.

Meanwhile, 3 of my clones use telekinesis to try slow down Telos, while 4 other each pick up two weapons from the ground [Those being projections of Kanshou, Bakuya, Hrunting, Durandal, Clarent, Caliburn, Harpe and Ascalon] and charge at him alonside me.

[BTW, my attacks have a 11.75x boost thanks to Monkey King+Blah's Boost, while the clone's attacks have a 7.75x thanks to SSG+Blah's boost]

Clone 8 goes next to Heketa and creates a Ki/ESP barrier around the two of them, then looks towards her and asks a question.

"It seems you know this guy, mind telling me more about him and of any possible weakness ?"

The clone asks to her,

Clone 9 erects a Ki/ESP shield around Charley and himself.

Clone 10 tries summoning Geundoowun.

Lastly, clone 11 and 12 for now do nothing and wait for their moment of action.

I and my clones all have a passive psychic barrier around us, so we are already protected from mage guy's spell.

Alexander ignores the Paralysis with Status Change Nullification.

'So Great Sage if I'm right what happened was Time Stop correct.'

Response. Based off the movement and actions of the enemy in such a short timeframe, Time Stop is the most likely ability to have been used, though their is not enough information to decide if the enemy was the one to have caused the Time Stop.

'Wonderful, he can either use it or is immune to it, and if he's immune then what other things won't effect him. Perhaps it's better to retreat, from what I can tell he is only attacking us because of his hate for demons so he probably won't cause trouble for the general populace and will probably help them by killing demons, though on the other hand he'll no doubt go after us in he future and their is no telling how strong he could get between then and now. I'd prefer a peaceful solution but a zelot like him probably isn't even going to listen to a word I say, though perhaps.'

"Telos, your strength and hatred for demons are clear, and I feel that it would be better if we stopped this fighting and help each other in ridding this world of demons, and as a show of good faith and to prove our dedication for the cause, give us one week and we will slay and procure the corpses of 50 demons to show you that we are worthy of working with and that we are no friends of the demons."

Koharu notices her missing arm and legs and calms herself with the fifth form, using her breathing to slow the bloodloss

I could deal with a missing arm but missing legs are going to be harder, I should reattach them

Another barrage of noble phantasms flies at Telos including more Harpes, Gae Bolgs, Saikas and broken phantasm Caladbolgs all the while Koharu attempts to carry her legs to her using some swords.

If he attached my arm to himself then my magic circuits are flowing through there and my origin should mess with his own causing swords to spawn in him, plus, that Excalibur should explode any second now. She thinks as she continues bringing her legs over and reattaching them when they reached her, meanwhile she sees if she can speed up the spawning of swords within Telos

WHYNAUT said:
[does it tell you anything about the location and the environment or do you simply know where someone is?]
[I had assumed it would at least show me the immediate environment when I used it. "Knowing the exact location" is certainly more than "knowing the general area" of something, but I guess the specifics (like most things in Anima) are open to GM interpretation.]

[In that case you know that they're in a secret military base and how to get there. It's located in the Salisbury Plain]

Oh wow, he ripped off one of her arms and legs. Okay, I might need to step in now. I'll wait until I see an opening and strike.

I tense my body, watching the future and Telos while waiting for a golden opportunity.

I talk to some people, and find out my location. Someone tries to take me into an alleyway, but I step on their foot, and notice the second of my many powers.

Andykhang said:
"Look convenience...Can you teach me that somehow?"

I ask her, with great interest in my eyes, while I'm putting the finishing touch to the car
"I don't know that I'd be the best teacher... besides, we're a bit pressed for time right now. I might consider it once we've settled the demon issue and our allies are safe."

That aside... It actually worked! I mean of course it did, but I'm allowed to be excited for the first time I ever use magic like this.

"Magnus is in a military base in Salisbury Plain we should go right away."

I use the Travel by Light spell a few times to get us there quickly, teleporting directly inside the facility to the location I sensed.

Before she does that, I quickly put the ultracar back into the bag. After arriving at the location, I then look around for thing

Ok, that will be rough

Rompot than summons his Fusion cannon in his left arm whule he is with his buster on the right arm, then he started shooting the swordsman woth a charged shot from the buster followed by normal plasma shots, while he is also shooting with his fusikn cannon.

Rompot aim is good enough that he is able to shoot the swordsman without hitting the comrades that are fighting the swordsman in Close Combat, albeit it is hard to hit the Swordaman with Magnus teleporting so much.

@Overlord

"Hey Magnus, i am sorry if i am dostracting you but i have a plan to defeat him, you remember how i exploded the room back then?"

Rompot says telephaticaly

@Overlord

"That is where my shield enters, i can make it either intangible or tangible, and it can take a punch if the attack is from inside, so the plan is to lock me and him in there and then explode, while you have my arm for me to regenerate"

Rompot answers telephatically to Magnus

Time rewinds for my body, any damage done regenerated.

Unholy screams come from me.

I grab one of the swords laying inside Unlimited Blade Works and, with all my strength, throw the sword at Telos's heart. With Villager A's boost and mine own, this will be 7.5x stronger than my normal attacks.

No one's here? But this should be the right location... Wait! There is something here. Almost like a separate reality layered on top of this one. In that case, I just need to...

Break through!

With a quick slash from Guren, (so fast in fact that it'd have returned to its sheath before anyone watching could perceive its movement,) our surroundings change to a field covered in swords.

Magnus and the others are here, and as I thought, they're in battle, but... It's not with demons? Rather, it's the knight from before! And Tset is here as well?!

I would have preferred for our rematch to be one on one, but the others are in bad shape, and their safety is more important than my own selfish desires.

I use Gozuryuzan. In the span of a single slash, a barrage of ten simultaneous attacks from Anubis targets the knight on all sides, targeting the knight's internal organs directly via intangibility.

I delay the timing of my attack to be the most effective in helping the others.

"Ok, i am going to approach him, just make sure to move away from him and take my left arm with you"

Rompot says telephatically to Magnus.

He then started to run to where Magnus and the Swordsman are fighting and prepares to make his shield appear

Luminaris quickly recovers from being knocked down and gets up. Uriel casts Diarahan on him to heal any wounds.

"Well then. I suppose I'll have to do this then." the real Luminaris forms Gae Bolg near him and then replicates it several times with real illusions, before launching as many of them as possible as broken phantasms at the Knight.

The two real illusions, still located closer to Telos, also go to attack him. One of the illusions projects Kanshou and Bakuya and attempts to execute Triple Linked Crane Wings on the knight, whereas the other illusion forms a Cruel Sun and launches it at the knight.

"Boost" my gauntlet has stored 3 boosts

I head to Koharu, grabbing his leg and jumping off the swords carrying it as I go to get a slight increase to my speed. Upon reaching him, a green aura appears in my hand and I reattach the leg. Then a staff appears in my hand, "Bring forth a world where no one can be hurt. Pain Breaker" upon chanting this, Koharu's arm begins regrowing, magic circuits and all, then reattached itself, as if the moment when it was cut off was undone. You good

Meanwhile, Haetae is watching the battle. It creates small bubbles in the way of Telos' upper arm, restricting his movements or knocking them off course. However, it makes sure not to let them get in the way of Magnus' attacks, and tries to do so with other allies' attacks unless it would put the close range fighters in danger.

Without my expression changing at all, I walk over to Villager A.

"I believe I saw you utilizing some ability to amplify your physical strength during the battle with those creaturrs. If so, could you perhaps use it on me?"

Uwaaa...Before I knew it, a field of sword appear before me. Make sure to take picture...I think, as I immediately take picture with the camera I installed on the Anti-Art Attachment.

Anyway, these guy is in danger right now huh...Probably should help then. I then began an all-out barrage from behind with all my shooting capability right now, using Magic Bullet Shooter and Dynamic of an Asteroid to accurately aimed and chase after him without failed and worrying about friendly fire, as I surrounded him with all of AAA's shooting weapon, my portal filled with bullet, my own laser and more...

...Eh, not like it would work against that mysterious individual, as they would probably defeat him already if that was all it take...What to do...

As I was thinking, I secretly applying a bodysuit on my own body, reinforcing my stat as high as it can.

"Thanks for that." Koharu says to her healer

That ability he used in the woods to avoid Tsubame Gaeshi, I need to get him to use it again. She thinks to herself standing up and drawing Onikiri and Kumokiri while allowing numerous blades from Saika to emerge from different parts of her body for defense and offense

@Kill da hoe hobos

Ted finds himself walking up some stairs and walks outside through an open iron door. There's some blood on the door, presumably of the guards that used to stand there. Ted finds himself walking out of a very small building on a large plain. [Salisbury Plain]

As Silas looks into the future he sees the ground shattered and everyone excluding himself and Tset knocked to the ground, but not dead.

As Télos rushes at Magnus he's hit by Grondlir's paralysis spell and by Beerko's Oni Poison. His body becomes weak and he falls right into Magnus' barrage of attacks losing his sword and getting a few more bones broken. Suddenly though Télos moves aside a little dodging one of Magnus' attacks and grabs his left wrist, despite the fact that he's paralysed and that Magnus constantly uses time skip pulling him foward and then kneeing him in the stomach with enough force to knock all air out of Magnus' lungs and to have him throw up and ccough blood. Whenever the clones try to use telekinesis on Télos his aura seems to become more colorful and the effect is dispelled. Télos than jumps in the air and throws the golden sword from Koharu at one of the clones which causes an explosion taking out the other clones too. His movements are strange almost as if he's being puppeteered. This is because he's using purely his will and aura to move around his paralysed body, although he probably won't be paralysed for long anymore.

Unfortunately Alexander's words don't reach Télos as the rest is still attacking him.

Swords start bursting from Télos' arms but he forces them back in. Koharu, Luminaris, Rompot and Nanaya all keep launching attacks at him and Télos aura flares up his red eyes glow. His aura changes from and several red transparent skeleton like arms are formed. Télos starts moving around in extremely unpredictable and unnatural ways like a beast dodging and intercepting all projectiles and Villagre A's bubbles. It becomes clear that something about his actions just isn't right, as if certain things that should have hit ended up not intercepting where he was moving somehow? Actions didn't seem to affect him as they should.

Télos is suprised by Ryuka's sudden appearance however and is hit by most of her slashes losing a few more organs. This results in him getting hit by some of the attacks from Koharu, Non and Luminaris damagin him further.

Then the paralysis wears off and Télos punches the ground while screaming: "UUUUWWWAAAAHHHH!", which shatters on contact with several spikes coming out knocking people up into the sky and the skeleton like arms punch everyone, except Tset, away hitting them before they can react.

@Psycho

"I see. You come from another world, right? Don't worry now that you work here you'll be granted several licenses, a place to stay at and a good income. Still hungry?"

@Kiryu

There are some sirens and several police car and animal control cars approach.

While waiting for villager A to respond, I continue to watch Telos, attempting to deduce what is different or acting abnormally with him to cause these observed effects.

"Hmm Grimm should be good but theres one more thing Grimm is interested in before we start if that isnt to much, [If its not to much] could you tell Grimm the brief history of this world?"

Luminaris creates a few more clones, which teleport next to the other two clones, now there are five in total.

Uriel manifests on all of the clones as well as the real Luminaris. The real Luminaris uses his analysis ability to determine what Telos is doing, what his powers and weaknesses are. While distracting him by making more swords attack him.

The clones teleport next to Telos, they focus on observing his movements and techniques while throwing some Cruel Suns at him, all of them also analyzing him directly, one of the Uriels casts Diarahan on the real Lumninaris.

Back