• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 4: sanic speed edition (aka thread 4)

I look at the thing that Akuma gave me with a confused frown.

"How does this thing work?" I ask, showing the phone.

[I have been teleporting Donte to New York and we have phones to communicate ... I also think I will let marta into the group]

"You know what? I'd rather know it later ... now I just want to eat something and work out a plan," I exclaim.

"Now ... how do we get local currency?" I ask myself and then look around.

I look at a man in a small square that juggles with ninepins and receives several coins and notes from passersby.

"I have an idea," I say, smiling.

[One hour and several tricks with telekinesis after]

"Friends, I offer you lunch ... order what you want" I say to Michael and Eden, while we are sitting at a bar table, a basket full of coins on it.

Björn finds a massive tree that has a dry patch underneath it, he walks over and sits under the tree leaning against it, he closes his eyes falling asleep.

"Oh ... worse for you" I say, and then order a sandwich.

"So ... let's analyze the thing well," I say, biting into the sandwich.

"An entire country has been mentally controlled by ... let's not turn around, another poor fool with too much power and too much time like us" I continue.

"So, do you two have resistance to mental manipulation and / or do you know how to dissolve someone from mind control?" I ask.

"I have resistance to mind control ... and maybe think I can free someone from mind control," I say, then pick up the phone.

"How is it used?"

[I assume it's a touch-screen ... I guess we have a voice command for the search]

"I also have resistance to mind control. But to my knowledge I have no way to free someone from mind control without killing and reviving them."

Marta had followed Aranil, but didn't feel the need to act. She's now surfing the net with the telephone the tech girl gave her.

Marta: WOW, the eldrich being is a good guy, who would have tought ?

Great Sage: Me

Marta: - _ -

She turns toward Arenil

"Bit of a slowpoke there, a Nyarlothatep Guy is already fixing that problem."

She then lifts her gaze from her phone and look at him.

"also could you order a sandwich for me too ?"

"Well ... then I think I should use my Chi to do it ... even if ... maybe I have a better idea" I say, continuing to eat the sandwich.

[Let's pretend that Marta has been with us all this time]

"Ah Nach, I saw his soul ... he is a good boy" I say with a smile.

Then I look at the waiter a few steps away from us.

"Cameriere, un altro panino come il mio, per favore(Waiter, another sandwich like mine, please)" I order.

"Arriva subito(Comes right away)," says the waiter.

"Anyway, this is my idea, hit the source ... if we stop the one who is manipulating their minds probably the control will cease and they will all be free" I explain.

Eva suddenly finds herself in Venice.

"Wait, where am I? What just happened?"

Clearly unsettled, she looks around for a way to figure out what just occurred.

I widen my eyes, I feel a new soul appear from nowhere.

"Hey ... it can't be" I whisper and then stand up.

Follow the point where the soul appeared until I entered an alley a few steps from the bar.

I place a hand on a wall as I watch a cute girl with green hair, she seems bewildered.

"Another newcomer," I say, approaching her.

"Hi ... I guess you have questions"

Christian Higdon said:
"Oh, it's fine. Though, I mean, there's always what I'm wanting to show, but whatever."
"You can show me later, Boris...depending on what it is." She added that part rather quickly before focusing on Irre. "Well, I need paper. Lots and lots of paper. Most of the time I can probably get it from libraries or magazines or newspaper stands like I've been doing. Frankly I don't know of too many ways you could help unless you can turn wood into paper easily...or if you could keep an eye on Aranil."

Monarch Laciel said:
The red creature's suckers lash out to find purchase, but slide off, unable to grasp onto this utterly alien mind, unable to find where to sink in and establish control. No matter how strong the "parasite" might be, it's like trying to hold onto a thrashing snake covered in oil. In the dark. With no idea what a snake even is. It's like trying to ride a bike by using a swimming stroke. This alien mind is simply too different to any other mind in the universe for it to be controlled in the same way.

N0 600D N0 600D h4h4h4h4h4"'

D13 W0RM. 83Ôé¼0M3 Ôé¼0LD3R

The red force manifested as a parasite screeches and begins to freeze, ice spreading through its metaphorical veins. It tears itself away from my mind and flees back to its source.

The tentacles wrapped around the man's hand tighten.
[Unless they have a higher D mind or general feats of resisting via wierdness I'm not sure that's how it works. The Red Universe has mindhaxed plenty of weird things like Unsexelent Matter, IE a big floating cosmic eyeball from the depths of hell itself, also known as Tumblr. And, it's not really a physical parasite. It's more just a sort of force, you can't just freeze it and make it stop working, otherwise RASM probably wouldn't have been mindhaxed. Speaking of RASM, it would likely inherit the Ice "Immunity" that Cold +1 provides what with how meme users are resistant to their own element. Then again I can roll with it for the sake of fairness, since our respective mindhax wouldn't exactly make things fun for either player.]

As contact ends up holding for longer then expected, That Guy starts to feel disturbance through his Cheeto encrusted fingers.

Something starting to effect his mind, morphing him from a that guy into something else... A this guy.

Reality starts to unfold as this cosmic paradox begins to form, and That Guy gets WOKE, trying to stop this folding of reality, no matter the cost!

With twin Katanas in hand, his blades start to glow two different colors, his right blade swinging around 4 times, slashing everything around him, cutting up the tentacles around him, as his other sword skill connects into

FINAL BURST

With one decisive swing, that guy creates a slash in the earth, tearing the creature apart from the mere shockwaves of such a powerful blow and splitting the street in twane

"YOU IDIOTIC BOOTLEG CTHULHU! DON'T YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU ALMOST DID!?!"

Faruel1998 said:
I widen my eyes, I feel a new soul appear from nowhere.

"Hey ... it can't be" I whisper and then stand up.

Follow the point where the soul appeared until I entered an alley a few steps from the bar.

I place a hand on a wall as I watch a cute girl with green hair, she seems bewildered.

"Another newcomer," I say, approaching her.

"Hi ... I guess you have questions"
"Do you know what's going on right now?"

"Paper huh? Well I can't creeaaate paper out of nothing, but..."

Suddenly all kinds of trees start growing at a rapid rate in the vicinity.

"I can do that."

"Well, that's sure useful," she muttered. Must have found some trees she ended up missing. "Well, a paper farm wouldn't be a bad idea. Might be a bit...odd to handle, but I could make it work. Thank you."

"It is no problem for me. There has to be an actual conflict for a story to be interesting after all."

Irre (Actor) continues making trees grow.

@Exodus

"I know enough things ... you're not the only one," I say, holding out my hand.

"Come ... I offer you something to drink ... and explanations, but first ... what's your name?"

"Yes but...I feel like that's a little too much effort and far too much hassle." She shook her head and focused on Irre. "Is there anyway you can keep an eye on Aranil?"

"I've been keeping an eye on everyone. I will however not involve myself in this dispute any further."

"Oh, lovely. So, what? You're going to just stop by here and grow trees on occasion? Or are you only doing it once?"

Irre (Actor) looks at Destiny with the always smiling mask that is its face.

"I did not say I was done here yet. I'll do you one more favor that does not involve me with this dispute directly."

Faruel1998 said:
@Exodus

"I know enough things ... you're not the only one," I say, holding out my hand.

"Come ... I offer you something to drink ... and explanations, but first ... what's your name?"
"I'm Eva. And yes, I'd really like to know what's happening."

@Exodus

"Eva ... I am Aranil, the greatest Warrior Mage you will ever meet" I say, showing her a sincere smile.

Back