• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

"... Nameless is dead, and even if it came back, it seems to have lost interest in earth for the most part. I did some personal testing, and while I'm not completely, utterly certain it can, it didn't seem to have the hallmarks of plateauing growth, so it's reasonable to assume it can."

"Could you try it from here, or would be need to go there in person? If its the former, no reason not to try."

"Something else like it might show up to cause the same sort of problems. We're supposed to be protecting them, we need to consider the cases of mass destruction we've already seen. Cramping everyone into one space on the moon isn't much of a solution, especially when it uproots everyone's livelyhoods even more than before."

"That infernal alchemist..." Zephyr tightens his fist. "Directly controlling the entire population was exactly what I was trying to avoid." He sighs, leaning back and rubbing his temples with one hand. "But, if it must be done... Do it."

"Right now, they're at least spread out and there will be survivors to a mass scale event like theirs. Cramping them into one space removes that advantage."

"That one space is easier to proof against that kind of attack, and most of the summoned threats appear on earth, meaning there's a grace period in which we can plan for a confrontation."

"A grace period of less than a second, that could potentially be removed anyways, and not accounting for anything that warps reality in a sense we can't counter. If you had time to prepare, would you actually be able to deal with what Nameless did to Europe?"

(What about the humans straight up exploiting the building to kill us as they now all also have good luck and in theory access to the gifts I delivered)

"Nil, I don't quite know how to explain this to you since you evidently don't understand it, but a "second" in real time is nearly a full year to us. We have more than enough time even if the new threat is comparable in that aspect and realizes that no one is on Earth quickly. I believe I could undo the warping there, but the amount of times I could do so is limited."

Cain snaps out is his stupor and looks at Dura.

“Oh, uh, well they all talked about the whole big and great nation.”

Cain is still distracted, remembering the conversation he had with Zephyr.

(Lou, that assumes you deliberately gave random humans those objects, when you said just around the base. IIRC, the humans are in a different part of the moon)

"It's a year to us when we're in fight mode and we see something coming. Otherwise, it's not going to be that simple. How many times?"

“Well the plan was...simple in a way. They were going to unite every nation in the world and rule over them. Zephyr was going to be the leader and they would create the laws.”

"As in, many, many seconds have passed while we were having this conversation. It's how these powers work, short timeframes for when they throw a punch but things go normally when they're talking. Unless it doesn't, but... that's kinda how it is."

"5 times... Plenty, but, even so I'm not entirely sure about it."

"Huh... so unlike Gunner too, but there's the similarities. Y'know, that sounds not all that bad. It may be the negative energy speaking or smthng but, eh."

"In any case, allow me to move on to our current biggest problem: Amakros. From the moment I arrived on this planet, he has been a constant thorn in my side, and among the other summoned, he is the most direct threat to our goals. In fact, his first meeting with me, what he told me was that he would kill me if I didnt' leave the planet. Upon saying no, he proceeded to attack. Are there any problems with eliminating him now?"

“Yeah....I can teleport you there if you want.”

Cain seems reluctant to tell more about Zephyr. He recalls Zephyr’s story and how greedy those humans were.

"I could teleport myself there... but I would like your help in case mine does not work" Dura says. "Although... I still dislike one of his companions a bit."

"Well."

Cain places his hand on Dura's shoulder, teleporting them both to Zephyr's castle.

"Here you go."

"As in, many, many seconds have passed while we were having this conversation. It's how these powers work, short timeframes for when they throw a punch but things go normally when they're talking. Unless it doesn't, but... that's kinda how it is."

"5 times... Plenty, but, even so I'm not entirely sure about it."
I give Nil an odd look... or one more unusual than my normal look, given what my face is.

"I've never really noticed that, strangely.

"Onto more pressing topics, did you learn anything from Zephyr about its plan or simply anything useful in general?"

"Well, Cain..."

Nil looks over to where he was standing, noticing they're now completely gone.

"... Cain just said that they were planning on doing the normal conquest thing, and apparently they handed one of their servants a weapon meant for the express purpose of killing them."

Zephyr nods, and he begins to relay everything to Dura. His plan to unite the world, the death of his people... All of it. Everything Cain heard, Dura hears too.

"...And that just about covers it. At the end of all of this, I offered Cain a blade to strike me down with in case I strayed from my path, but he declined the offer."

Dura just nods, and makes a few mental notes. "I see... your cause isn't bad to be exact. I dislike one of the motives but that's due to bad experience. Otherwise, you seem fine."

Back