• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

Cain looks at Zephyr for a moment, and looks down. He cannot relate to the being before him with his own world.

“...So you have, I can see how painful that memory is. But, who is to say that you yourself won’t become the same oppressive and evil tyrant that you have seen before?”

"..."

Zephyr leans back, sighing.

"You have every right to be skeptical. I have no intention of becoming the tyrants I hate, but if you believe that there is a danger... Perhaps this may help."

He holds his hand out, summoning a sword into his hand. It's golden in color, bearing a blue-and-gold hilt, with a beautiful white blade. It's holy, in every sense of the word.

"As a demon, I have a singular crippling weakness: One to Holy Magic. This sword has a name you may recognize: Excalibur. This is one of the most powerful weapons in my possession, and is the most powerful holy weapon in this world or any other. I would like to give it to you, on one condition."

"A simple request. And this goes to both of you as well," Zephyr addresses Izumi and Xanna. "If I lose my path... If I become the very thing I swore to destroy... I want you to kill me. This blade will give you the means to do that. This is a sign of my trust in the three of you. I can only give this blade and my word as proof that I will not stray from what I believe to be right... Whether or not this is enough is up to you."

Cain takes hold of the hilt for a moment, before passing it over to Izumi.

“Then I won’t wield it, to you, I am simply a stranger asking you questions. As of right now, you shouldn’t give your trust to me with this blade. Instead, give this to your allies.”

Zephyr seems a bit saddened by Cain's answer. "I had hoped I could call you that... But if that is your decision, I will respect that."

Most of the normal humans from around the world have been moved to the island, with any pets and a small number of possessions. Those in Europe haven’t been moved though, since I started communicating with them later than the rest.
“Ah, Dr. Hnein.” A collection of mes in the shape of a frontal lobe floats over, “as you can see, most of the remnants of humanity are currently here. They also should be luckier than they’ve been since we got here.”

“...I believe that the Goddess wants us to try and not cause too much trouble to this planet. I have seen your side, and I have seen mine. I want to prevent as much bloodshed as you do, but I need some time to speak with my group. It has been a pleasure talking to you.”

Cain then teleports away with a wave of a goodbye.

“...I believe that the Goddess wants us to try and not cause too much trouble to this planet. I have seen your side, and I have seen mine. I want to prevent as much bloodshed as you do, but I need some time to speak with my group. It has been a pleasure talking to you.”

Cain then teleports away with a wave of a goodbye.
"...And you as well." Zephyr nods at him as he vanishes, sighing. He takes a moment to compose himself before addressing Xanna and Izumi.

"I mean what I said about Excalibur. Izumi, Xanna, I'm trusting you with this."

@DMUA

Mobius saw Nil, walked up to him and hit him on the shoulder but it wasn't a sign of a fight or something like that as it greatly reduced his strength.

"Hey man, it was most likely that someone would come up with the idea of conquering the world later, this is a ******* endless cycle."

"Also your attitude and your appearance would reveal that you are a kind of Divinity, after all that is my job to hunt and kill gods but i like your attitude, so I will not kill you unless you become a jerk"

"Although I wonder, do you think Ichika keeps her promise to rewrite this world, she has done almost nothing apart from causing trouble for this planet?"

Izumi looks the holy blade over a few times, tracing its edge and turning it over.

"Very well. If you stray on your path, I'll take you down as requested."

Most of the normal humans from around the world have been moved to the island, with any pets and a small number of possessions. Those in Europe haven’t been moved though, since I started communicating with them later than the rest.
“Ah, Dr. Hnein.” A collection of mes in the shape of a frontal lobe floats over, “as you can see, most of the remnants of humanity are currently here. They also should be luckier than they’ve been since we got here.”
"Yes, I can see. It would be prudent to begin to move the survivors to the lunar structure we have, but there is a problem. The rooms of the base can expand to contain more survivors, but it cannot do so instantly or before everyone is there, so you'll need to... ease into it, for lack of a better term, only bring a fraction at once."

"Although I wonder, do you think Ichika keeps her promise to rewrite this world, she has done almost nothing apart from causing trouble for this planet?"
"She hasn't really caused us much trouble. I don't think she's caused any amount of interference since we've gotten here."

“Alright, I’ll begin moving them. How many do you think it could adjust to at a time?” The Is have people group together with friends and family, then begin taking them to the moon in groups of whatever size Dr. Hnein recommends.

"... at most a thousand to start. You can likely determine how many more can be moved each time."

After that, I move to meet up with Nil's group.

"As it turns out, no one is in North Korea, or anywhere actually. They're all in the same place."

Last edited:
"... I mean, yeah, that's expected, but what sort of stuff did he mention to do that specifically?"

“Well, his plans to be more exact, as you would expect, ruling all of the nations under his rule. But he did give his...followers a sword that is capable of killing him.”

"... Still nothing about the method? Him giving away a weapon meant to kill him is something, but..."

Nil has a look of confliction.

"... So, how hard did he go for getting you to turn on me... or... after hearing that, are you already this close to bashing my head in with that lamp?"

“Well...I don’t know is the best answer I can give. A lot of things have changed and he was right on many things about you. But at the same time I have seen what you’ve done, and you’ve done pretty good for this planet.”

Cain looks away for a moment, sighing and ruffling his hair.

“Your past, is it true? Did you really cause all of that pain before?”

"... Yeah, I did. Remember when I was yelling about some Mushroom ************ before beating Nameless to death? That was one of the people I summoned, Dante. He got the same powers Ichika did. I did try to prevent it while I was dying at least, but it kinda just happened anyways, and I figured the others would stop him if he did anything crazy. Of course, even then, he did a ton of damage to the earth of his test... At one point, just him existing was rapidly growing fungus over south america to the point it would inevitably sink. At the last power set, I just kinda handed everyone enough power that their presence alone destroyed the universe they were in."

Nil looks Cain straight in the eye.

"And the justification for it all was oh so simple... I had the power, and everything was just a game. A show. Maybe Zephyr doesn't quite see it as that inconsequential... but he definitely feels like someone who sees people as just pawns. He tried to turn you guys against me, and the second I snapped back at how he hadn't fulfilled his end of the bargain to explain the exactness of his rule despite me doing what he wanted, he just booted me out. Even with different lines being drawn... The sand is still laced with Narcissism. And considering he himself admitted that demon culture, his culture, was prone to violence and bloodshed... I'm pretty sure he's going to drop his ideals soon as it causes trouble for him. We've just got to be ready to call him out on it... Whenever they start enacting their plans."

Cain looks at Nil for a moment, his gaze almost unreadable before speaking again.

"...When I asked Zephyr if he has seen the worst of humanity, he answered. Told me about how humans are greedy as all hell. But, I want to ask you the same question, have you seen the worst of humanity?"

"... Gotta admit, never really payed attention. Sure, you'll get plenty of stories about greed and political corruption and whatever... But I haven't really ever seen it for myself. And I'm not sure if Zephyr's method of fixing it is actually going to work, or just cause more trouble, given how things go down. But... we can at least watch I guess."

"Alright, I do want to trust you Nil, after all, I think we were all supposed to be a singular team."

Cain chuckles at the thought and how it basically royally screwed up, before speaking again.

"But, as strong as we are now, we are capable of wiping out humanity if we were to go to war with Zephyr."

"... Yeah. We'd need to be careful about it... Try to get Zephyr out of a major area, fight them in the wastelands. Got plenty of room in Eurasia and the former US. He might be willing to chase us down to retaliate if we attack them precisely enough to avoid collateral, or we may have to get more creative with our coaxing. Either way... scouting is probably our next course of action. How many of you have stealth? And if you don't have that, can you get information from a very far range?"

Gaining sight of Nil and his group after a while, I come to a stop near them.

"Most of the people who survived the damage to the earth are being evacuated to the moon, just so you are aware."

"... Do we even have room for that? In fact, why are we even doing something like that? Sure, Earth has had plenty of stuff thrown at it, but if we move the population somewhere else, the attacks are probably going to follow. Nameless would have never thrown Eurasia into chaos if nobody would have been bothered by it."

"Well, for one no one in "Europe" is able to be evacuated, as it's incredibly unlikely that any of them are alive. Secondly, we do have enough, since our base is able to expand its interior dimensions greatly. Attacks can be dealt with by no one else knowing about this, which seems to be the case."

"... Yeah, but even if they weren't in Europe, Nameless would have just picked another area with a similar population. The point is, the danger isn't going to change just because we shift the location a bit, especially when we get everyone into just one space. Are you even sure it can expand enough to support billions of people's livelyhood?"

“Well, what now?”
[Retcons are a bitch.]

"I wanted to take over country by country, taking out hostile and abusive leaders along the way. Unfortunately, that Amakros-" He says the alchemist's name with disgust. "-had other plans. As far as I can sense, almost every human currently alive has been relocated."

"Correct, they all seem to be in Australia." Izumi adds on

"Xanna, does your ability have the range to reach it from here? I doubt all those people crowded into that small of an area have any actual leadership afterall."

Back