• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

[We're not fighting in the base, we're fighting on the moon]

The demon throwing up a plume of dust doesn't really do anything to my vision, and gives me a second to try and figure out why Sam was attacking me for a moment. Maybe I should try explaining myself in full later, but for now I have to deal with this.

The moon forming itself into constructs that resemble the demon isn't much of a problem either, especially coupled with the lightning that I identify as magic which I can simply absorb, so I merely create another explosion of golden light, suffused with counter-magic, to directly torch the demon's hold over the stones. With the increased power from absorbing the electric attack, I take a short instant to think while my Doppleganger and Archivist fire off more seeking counter-magic bolts.

That form of it's that grants intangibility is strange. It's less tangible than anything I can affect, and doesn't appear to be magic, so I have significantly less options against it, especially when the demon is more than willing to abuse it. Furthermore, I can see now, although I noticed before, that my new-found-yet-old ability to adapt my spells against my foes appears much slower than normal, or maybe only against those who were summoned like me. I need some time to ponder this.

Despite attacking, my Doppelganger is more than busy trying to figure a way to get at the demon, as it's inability to hit it is very annoying. It notices my mind wondering about ways to bypass it, or at least attack in ways that make it more difficult to use. To aid this effort, it lends it's adaptive ability for a moment, and my mind splinters, forming smaller pieces that somehow form a larger whole. It forms synergistic cells that, at a function level beyond exponentiation, aid my though processes by having 4, then 27, then 256 different iterations of my mind all working towards the same goal, as though having 256 thoughts at the same time.

"I am... the bone of my sword."

In response to the homing bolts, Zephyr counters by projecting a series of identical swords in a ring around himself, and launching them with a single mental flex. Like missiles, they shoot through the air, each of them punching through the countermagic. Interestingly, they each seem to shoot through one before exploding on contact with the second, and any that aren't sent at one of Amakros' projectiles instead go straight for the alchemist, with all the precision of a homing missile.

He's fast, and he's clearly used to fighting from a long-range. Those shadows making up his body also mean I'll be hard-pressed to land any damage that he doesn't outright heal. it can still be done, but I'll have to use one of those abilities... I can't waste my stronger powers on this thing unless I'm sure I can land a killing blow first!

As soon as Zephyr hits the ground, he channels his mana into the moon, and blades made of lunar rock sprout up all around Amakros, theoretically impaling him from multiple directions. As this happens, he manifests his Kanshou Gun.

"Unlimited... LOST WORKS!"

He fires a single bullet into Amakros' body... And in that instant, the concept of Zephyr's reality marble imposes itself on the alchemist, piercing him with an infinite number of swords.

Mobius used his teleportation and searched for the pieces he needed starting with his initial plan, Nameless has taken so much from the people of earth and he will give the humans a chance for revenge.

I notice what was happening on the moon but did not care for now

The sheer volume of fire in terms of counter-magic bolts means that the swords can never hope to have an opportunity to strike at me directly, as it outnumbers the blades by at least three orders of magnitude. After a certain point, it's as though the swords can only barely make it through one bolt at all, exploding simply by being near another.

The demon's second attack using the moon itself catches me off-guard more than it should, due to me being focused on other things while the two minds operating on combat and defense are more instinctual and more likely to abuse any advantage well beyond usability. I'm able to quickly delegate two cells, plus a newly formed one, to normal combat, leaving the two remaining cells to continue work on adaptation, even though I don't expect them to get much done. Having twenty-seven times as much thought dedicated to battle is more than enough to turn the lunar blades and an area of several dozen meters around into sheer fire, burning even without oxygen, and prepare for the next telegraphed attack.

This is much stronger than anything else shown until now. It won't kill me if it hits, but it'll be far from pleasant, and I can't simply deal with it through the counter-magic let off by my body. It's all too fast, too complex, and too strong, a combination that appears quite rarely. Immediately, a small sphere of counter-magic is formed in response, but this bolt is unique. It's not a simple, uniform ball of energy, instead being a structure not unlike a Batavian Tear, possessing absurd durability in specific areas due to internal pressures. The bolt is near-instantly folded hundreds of times over, forming a sort of water-like appearance, before being let loose at the bullet.

When the two strikes clash, the energy released in an instant is immense. Even the unique structure of the bolt couldn't survive impact for very long, but it so dampens the bullet that it becomes much slower and weaker, even if the latter doesn't change much of anything. At this stage, the attack is easily dodged by me simply moving downwards under it. However, I notice something very strange. The fires created before and the remnant anti-magic of the bolt appear... different, impaled by innumerable nanoscopic blades that effectively "kill" it.

Zephyr frowns as his Noble Phantasm was, albeit barely, avoided. Sighing, he puts his gun away. "You're very impressive. None have been able to survive that attack before. Tell me, what is your name?"

@Paul_Frank

The corruption does seem to react to the activation of this, and begins rapidly disappearing somewhere, as the vectors expand, bits of it vanish and continue to vanish just as it is about to make contact. It seems that whatever made this doesn't want to lose their soldiers.

"Amakros. Now, enough."

Nil arrives at the outskirts of the fight, both guns fully charged and aimed at Zephyr.

"Showing up at our moonbase out of nowhere is one thing, but the second I turn around to solve the water crisis the world's dealing with, you're now fighting one of our allies while Nameless is still out there?"

Blood from Earth starts moving all at once, to a singular place. Around the crater that is New York, a massive mountain of blood starts forming. Seems to be the blood from all killed humans and animals.

Once that's done, it starts rising and going up, into space. Towards Mars.

I'm about to begin spewing a frankly obscene series of insults and profanities, but then Nil appears, and he only makes the cracking across my body even more apparent. Establishing a telepathic link, I speak to him.

"Do you think I don't know that!? I know exactly where Nameless is, I'm trying to save what's left of humanity before I deal with that because that conflict could easily kill the few who remain! What have you even been doing THIS ENTIRE TIME?!"

Cain looks up to see the mountain of blood going somewhere.

"Okay, that's not good then, we need to get moving Dura."

Mobius notices the blood heading to Mars so he puts his machine in orbit so that it is charged with enough energy and after that he traveled to Mars at the speed of light

Last edited:
"For the record, he attacked me first," Zephyr says without a hint of fear or worry. "He claimed he would make me a 'deal'... a deal which consisted entirely of him threatening to kill me if I didn't leave the world. I offered him the chance to step down, but he didn't take it. Apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm hurt that you don't consider me an ally."

"Do you think I don't know that!? I know exactly where Nameless is, I'm trying to save what's left of humanity before I deal with that because that conflict could easily kill the few who remain! What have you even been doing THIS ENTIRE TIME?!"
"I've actually been on earth fixing things. Resupplying water, getting people to shelter, and not getting into a dick measuring contest with someone who showed up out of nowhere? He hasn't done anything, why are you getting this heavy on his case?"

Meanwhile, in the process, blood starts to travel from Earth to Mars.

"... Explain while we deal with this."

GIGA HOLY ARK

Nil turns his guns from Zephyr to the stream of blood, trying to get rid of as much as he can possibly manage.

"Yeah... we should probably stop it. Throw that Zephyr guy at it, he sucked all blood from the ocean. So I'd say he would suck good" Dura replies.

"I've noticed things going on back on Earth. A small army of ice constructs had occupied Nuuk, and a particularly dense cluster of quite vile intentions is heading for Japan. Both of them reek of his magical signature, and given how he acts, I have no doubt that it was him."

I loosen up a little, the cracking receding slightly. This process is instantly reversed when I look back at the demon, but turning my head, they recede again.

"Have you contacted Dr. Hope recently? I contacted him and got him to begin gathering survivors in "Australia" so we can move them elsewhere, preferably off-world."

The blood mountain reaches Mars in about 9 seconds flat. Would take Nade a few more seconds to reach it. The view from space is... not pretty. The planet is almost totally covered in ash, and the visible part, with the help of the blood mountain, seems to be a ocean of blood. A golden city also makes itself on view.

The entire planet also seems to be in a constant rain of blood.

"...Yes, quick. And it's actually the best idea that popped into my head." Dura says, teleporting to the moon with a snap of his fingers.

@CrimsonStarFallen

(
I got confused and put Nade instead of mobius, my mistake)

After arriving and seeing what was happening, I was upset to see so much blood and that the golden city is there bothered Mobius even more, but he was cautious, I have increased his senses to the entire red planet to see what was happening

"My, that sure was a copious amount of blood that just passed us by. Perhaps I could help take that off your hands for you."

Mobius could see: Mount Olympus errupted, releasing copious amounts of ash into the planet, a golden city filled with eldritch abominations and oceans of blood. Weirdly enough, he can't sense Nameless. [Yes i resist ESP, enhanced senses and all that stuff lol]

"If you'll look at the earth, you'll notice that ocean of blood is no longer there. You can thank me for that." He grins.

"Alright so let's just drop the weapons, go to mars, have you suck the blood and try to fight Nameless. But I had something to propose." Dura says, turning to Nil. "...Since you are pretty strong in various ways, I think I could lend you some of my own strength. By that I mean, fusing with ya."

"... You sure?"

At this point you can notice Nil has been holding his breath this entire time.

@DMUA

mobius tried to contact Nil telepathically

"Hey Nil, you saw the blood pool on Mars I'm here and I see multiple creatures that I'm 99.99% sure are nameless so I'll destroy, them if you want to come and give me a hand"

It's then that Zephyr notices that Nil's slowly turning blue. "I think we should have this discussion inside, for the sake of your friend there."

"Yes, I am sure. It will give you my abilities and I will become a part of you. I will probably share a mind with you so if you hear my voice after fusing, don't freak out." Dura says, with a smile.

... wait, he needs to breathe? I almost forgot about that.

A decent-sized area of stone around Nil is turned to air, which forms a sort of sphere around him that allows him to breathe for a few minutes.

Back