• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Even More Fairy Tail Revisions (Just Speed Now)

I'm still chill, I'm just saying you need a solid reason to disagree, I don't mean to be rude, but that's true

Also, even though its not an argument, I have to note that even other forums, like Millenium forums for example, accepted the SubRel reactions

But to me about Erza reacting to it is that she had jumped towards it meaning that she had knew the distance from the meteor so she basically knew AHEAD of time to see it. She basically had plenty of time to react to it cause she even had a dialogue about it

She still had to swing her sword perfectly, I mean she wasn't even initially looking at the meteor when she launched herself, she had to turn around and slice the meteor, while the meteor was very close to her, giving her very little time to do anything

"Started swinging her sword and point blank range" I mean, a sword is a close range weapon. It's cause you are using faulty logic. Everyone has reactions far above their own movement speed. I run like what 15 at least? But I can react to things far higher than my movement speed more than tens of times. Can I run at 30 mph? Can I defend from an object going that speed? Absolutely yes. Assuming the size doesn't make it invisible going through the air. And I have and millions of other ppl have too. I guess if a car is coming at me at 60 mph, and I managed to smack the hood before it hits me I'm 60 mph too. Oh, there a difference between something starting from a certain distance and it arriving towards you, than something like, it being shot out at like point blank range from the get go. This logic is terrible way of thinking. A meteor is huge asf, erza is what Mach 6k? And she sub rel for hitting the meteor? Wow. I guess she's sub rel.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
She still had to swing her sword perfectly, I mean she wasn't even initially looking at the meteor when she launched herself, she had to turn around and slice the meteor, while the meteor was very close to her, giving her very little time to do anything
She saw it in the sky just how the other fodders noticed it as well. I feel the the meteor must have slowed down cause if it zipped across space like then the moment it entered the atmosphere it should have been close to the ground within like a couple of secs but that wasn't the case. Again she had plenty of time to react to it and not only that she was already having her sword straight ahead so she STILL have a good amount of time (the moment it got close then she had her sword ready)

Ppl don't know this, but size+speed+distance can determine how you are able to see and react. I heard rockets go faster than bullets. I was like, what the hell, I can see these just fine, but a bullet is invisible from my perspective. So size is important. "Faster than the eye can see" depends on size and speed.

The bullet wasn't faster than my eye can see, it was too small to see with the speed it's going lol

First of all, the meteor calc already includes the meteor slowing down. That was mentioned quite a lot of times actually.

Second of all, as I'll repeat - yes, we can react to something from afar with big speed, and that's aim-dodging.

But if you start moving at the last second, then it really isn't. Erza had to swing her sword faster than the meteor, since she started swinging only within a few centimeters from the meteor itself. Which is the main argument for the SubRel reactions.

A normal human can react to a moving train, since it's aim dodging, but dodging it when it's a few centimeters away from you is a whole other story.

I am currently away from my usual place hence I am only semi active and can not give as much input as I would like. That said if the thread is not yet settled till Friday I can give a more in depth answer. For now I just glanced over the pros and cons

She got close to the meteor and then she started swinging the sword. Your analogy doesn't work because you think that she started swinging before she got close to the meteor.

This Convo's not really gonna go anywhere without Calc Members, so if we have to wait till Friday for you Raven, I'm fine with that

Also for the last time, the Meteor Slowing Down was counted for in the calc already

I have dodged stuff faster than i can run plenty of times. Where it was so close to my face and I managed to dodge in the nick of time. It's called reflexes.

@Velvet

Fair enough, Reaction Speeds don't equal Run Speeds, but characters like Jellal and Gildarts have outsped Reaction Times of people who have comparable reaction times to Erza, meaning they are running faster then they can react, which is Sub-Relativistic Movement

That's what we've been arguing, since Erza has Sub-Relativistic Reactions, and there are characters who have outsped those reactions, then those Characters have Sub-Relativistic Speeds

You believe most calcs aren't true? well, it's fiction, so anything is possible, Everything above tier 7 is pretty much absurd

Well, isn't Doffy MHS for reacting to a meteor and slicing it? Any difference here?

@Calaca

Yeah, I wasn't referring to Rayleigh's statement about Haki. Though, I think we need more info and showings on that. Luffy has shown improvement because of that once for now.

Zeref Left himself completely defenseless, like when Goku got hurt by a laser or bullets, he just wanted to show off to Natsu that he could do nothing to him, He wasn't fazed by Natsu's Current power at the time at all. until Natsu Got a Friendship Powerup

I don't like calcs because they usually have too many assumptions. If a calc has a low end, mid and end all different tiers, because of different assumptions, it's gunna make me look dumb saying this character is high 6-A so he stomps, but what it's wrong and the real result is 6-B. I like straightforward stuff like "has completely destroyed the island". Or confirmed sizes, and speeds and times etc. I don't like relying on potentially wrong calcs. Calcs are changed all the time

Even straight forward things need calcs. Not all Islands are the same. You need the size of the island, method of destruction, etc. Stats in general are built upon assumptions. Vs Debating is built upon assumptions in order to reach the most accurate results. Stats will always be ever changing as fiction is a fickle thing.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Well, isn't Doffy MHS for reacting to a meteor and slicing it? Any difference here?
Doffy reacted and began his attack before the meteor reached him. Erza hit the meteor and we see an impact of contact and a sfx of hitting the meteor. Once she hits it, then she begins to swing her sword and destroys the meteor. So she doesn't react to it mid-flight nor before it hits her ala Doffy.

She swung her sword before she hit the meteor, how could she hit the meteor, then swing her sword

Because she literally is drawn and shown to hit the meteor with an SFX of impact and then the next panel is her starting to swing and then she fully swings? Like it's all on one page in order of sequence.

No she already had her sword out then made contact THEN started swinging

EDIT: nvm she didn't have her sword aim but she was preparing to swing

https://i9.***********.net/fairy-tail/519/fairy-tail-8864149.jpg

Look at the middle panels. Does it really seem like she's in the meteor?

What we see is her "impact" the meteor, swing her sword, and only then destroy the meteor. Which implies that she has to be centimeters away from the meteor. It's right there in the panels

In the panels of the meteor before and after she is shown swinging, the impact sfx are the exact same. That would mean she swings her sword faster than the meteor moves or else the sfx wouldn't still be there.

Another way to interpret it is that the panel of her mid swing is what caused the sfx seeing as the only difference between the before and after is the cracks appearing, and we all know a delayed effect is always used to make shit look more cool.

@Imade

You're just proving that she had to make the swing in very close proximity to the meteor, basically confirming that she has SubRel reactions.

So, does this settle things at last? Even Imade agrees with the argument

She was already preparing herself and was in a swinging position (nt a full one but at the start of it) and when she made contact she was in her swinging motion already

@Anonymous

I mean.. He does seem to be arguing against it, but his arguments actually prove the opposite. I agree with his arguments, not his claim necessarily.

Back