• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor vs All Might. (All Might vs All Bright!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Versus

How is this a bad comparison? The only thing offensive wise Escanor can do that Saitama can't is use the fireballs and heat aura. Their fights still play out the exact same way. Saitama fights Brawlers all the time that doesn't make him super skilled against people who are brawlers. What do you mean Esta didn't get stomped by Escanor? Escanor was losing and Esta was about to win then Escanor Sunshine'd up, blitzed a slice on Esta's chest and then bodied him and Zeldris at the same time with a single Cruel Sun. A blitz and a oneshot. That's literally a stomp.

@Aizen A descive win is when one character manages to beat the other character through their abilties and skill. Estarossa regenerated from all the damage he took and full counter'd Escanor's blow. Then Estarossa blacked out Esca's move and was going to kill him. I'm saying that at this point if Escanor didn't Sunshine up then Estarossa would have won. Escanor's durability is higher than his AP though. Looking back at the fight, it starts off with Mel stomping Escanor and leaving a hellfire infused hole in his abdomen. Escanor lies down on his back but then gets up after Sunshining. Escanor would have died there without Sunshine's buff. Escanor does manage to land a hit on Meliodas but this is not because he is skilled it is because they have the same speed. You do not need skill to punch your opponent at the same time he punches you if the both of you are around the same speed.

Estarossa was really only holding his own because of Full Counter. Without it, that fight would have ended much sooner.

It's a terrible comparison because Escanor doesn't fodder everyone like you claim. He is generally stronger in many of his fights. Saitama however, is a god-tier. So yeah, bad comparison. Did you watch/read Nanatsu no Taizai at all? Or maybe you just didn't pay attention.

But it matters not at this point. Escanor has pretty much won.

Esta only used Full Counter once. Escanor does fodderize in all of the fights he's in. He fodderized the vampire king, Galan, Melascula, Drole, Gloxinia, Zeldris and Estarossa. Estarossa was stronger than him at the beginning of the fight but then he amped up and oneshotted him. Meliodas fodderized Escanor until he amped up and oneshotted Mel which takes no skill. I don't understand your logic with why it's a bad comparison. Why does Saitama being a god tier matter? I'm not saying Saitama = Escanor in strength. I'm talking about how the way their fights play out are the exact same. They both oneshot the majority of their opponents but this does not give them a skill advantage because there is no skill used for the way they fight

Fine, you've got some points.

What exactly are you trying to argue here? That All Might is more skilled? Because that has already been disproved several times over.

Escanor more than likely received training of some degree, he was a Holy Knight after all. Plus, he also has a weapon, versus All Might who is unarmed.

All Might is more skilled though, when he fought someone at the same level as him he didn't win because oneshot he won through skill. Didn't Escanor go straight from wandering the country side to being a part of the 7DS? His daylight form seems to prideful to accept training and his nighttime form is weaker than the average Holy knight by 20 times so he probably didn't get trained.

All Might is not. He has exactly ONE feat against someone who is utterly featless in terms of combat experience. But on his level. And even then, the fact that All Might was able to win via brute force says enough about AfO.

All Might fodders almost everyone in MHA, just as escanor overpowers most in TDS.

"Esta only used Full Counter once. Escanor does fodderize in all of the fights he's in. He fodderized the vampire king, Galan, Melascula, Drole, Gloxinia, Zeldris and Estarossa. Estarossa was stronger than him at the beginning of the fight but then he amped up and oneshotted him."

@Dragon

Ok..No.

Firstly, he uses full counter twice.

Secondly. In the beginning of the fight he lands four clean hits on Escanor and they didn't phase him in any notable way aside from drawing blood. Escanor then landed a punch which Estarossa GUARDED and he still went on his knees. He then pulls out his blade and uses Full Counter, again Escanor isn't phased he's just amused and says something prideful. He then proceeds to Cruel Sun + Pride flare and we see he damaged Estarossa and he himself admitted if it wasn't for the darkness he'd be knee deep in crap. He blacks out the next Cruel Sun and Full counters again. Then it's just a vague scene of Estarossa declaring victory before Escanor gets amped again and well we all know how that song and dance goes. So no that wasn't a decisive win in the slightest since Escanor handed Estarossa his ass when it came to exchanging blows and literally the only moment Estarossa appeared to have an advantage was at the very end of the fight.

That's fine though because it portrays something else that's notable: you're on the clock against Escanor. And I've yet to see one thing that suggests All Might can even deal with his Aura let alone engage in CQC with him.

This match honestly does appear to be a stomp the more I read and it probably should be closed.

Also his Axe can cut through 6-Bs and a 6-B can't lift it. (Granted a 6-B Whose lifting strength is around All Mights)

So yea.. our boy All Might seems to be done in no matter how you look at it

Estarossa's regen is one of his abilities though. I don't see why him regening would mean that him beating Escanor wouldn't count. It doesn't matter when your advantage comes in during a fight. It's not like if Esta only started beating Esca at the end made it so that him beating Esca doesn't count as him winning. Lord and Mand explained why the aura doesn't matter. The weapon is not country level, the person using it is. You could say that the weapon has country level durability since it didn't break on Galan but it's not like if a random holy knight could pick up Rhitta they would become Country level.

@Dragon

Except he didn't beat Escanor. That's what I'm trying to tell you. In no phase of the fight was Estarossa at an advantage except the very end when it was too late. Yet for some reason you believe Estarossa was "decisively winning" when that wasn't the case in the slightest. Unless 3 seconds of glory counts as "decisively winning".

@Aizen

I already said what I think of as a decisive win. Estarossa had Escanor injured and neutralized his Cruel Sun. The point I was making at the time was that if Escanor hadn't Sunshine'd up then he would have lost there.

My reasoning for All Might's win is that he can spam punches in Escanor's direction and knock him out. What do you say to counter this?

DragonEmperor23 said:
My reasoning for All Might's win is that he can spam punches in Escanor's direction and knock him out. What do you say to counter this?
Passive heat aura continuously wears All Might down. Any damage Escanor receives is healed via Sunshine.

Escanor gradually gets stronger, closing the power gap. Escanor slices All Might with his axe, leaving a massive burning wound that causes him immense pain.

Being a Brawler, All Might doesn't have any answer for Rhittia.

The votes aren't going anywhere. The reasoning the base off is fine as it is

Also, because of the inverse-square law. All Might is going to need to get within melee range in order to damage Escanor. Because the energy of a shockwave drops off with distance.

I'm not saying everyones votes I'm saying specifcally Max's. If someone did Goku SSB vs Escanor and they said Goku wins because his hair is blue then that vote wouldn't count because even though Goku would win his hair being bue is not the reason why. If you are saying that Escanor can't melt All Might by looking at him then Max's vote would not count since that is his reason.

If I do that, then I will have to get rid of all of the votes for All Might as well. Because they are based on faulty reasoning. Are you sure you want that?

Don't forget that the energy in Rhitta isn't restricted to Escanor's current status either. He can release increments of the energy stored within it beyond All Might's power. I presume unleashing a full High 6-B attack isn't allowed but unleashing power beyond All Might's within the High 7-A tier is just fine.

And with Charge and Fire he's not restricted to close-range slashes either. He can attack at range, and All Might isn't punching or dodging his way out of sunlight.

Malikobama1 said:
Don't forget that the energy in Rhitta isn't restricted to Escanor's current status either. He can release increments of the energy stored within it beyond All Might's power. I presume unleashing a full High 6-B attack isn't allowed but unleashing power beyond All Might's within the High 7-A tier is just fine.
Yeah, I forgot about this.

Couldn't Escanor activate Psuedo-Sun to give gim a few seconds as a High 6-B if he found himself to be losing?

I don't know if we should assume he can activate that at will, plus it should probably be restricted in a High 7-A match anyway.

SBA allows all abilities to be used, unless the OP restricts it. Right?

But ti doesnb't matter. Psuedo-Sun is a last-resort for Escanor in this state.

I don't know the specifics of that so I couldn't tell you. But yeah, it would be an absolute last-resort for Escanor and I don't think he'd even consider it in this match.

Switch my vote to Escanor fra. Even if All Might could beat Escanor normally, If he came close enough then Esca could just use Rhitta's stored up power.

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Aizen

I already said what I think of as a decisive win. Estarossa had Escanor injured and neutralized his Cruel Sun. The point I was making at the time was that if Escanor hadn't Sunshine'd up then he would have lost there.
Which is.. wrong.

"A descive win is when one character manages to beat the other character through their abilties and skill. Estarossa regenerated from all the damage he took and full counter'd Escanor's blow. Then Estarossa blacked out Esca's move and was going to kill him. I'm saying that at this point if Escanor didn't Sunshine up then Estarossa would have won."

Ok.. well the problem here is Estarossa didn't beat Escanor. So it's not a win in any sense of the word.

1. Estarossa healed the wounds but as we know demons don't recover from the damage dealt to them. So unless he's suddenly immortal now the damage was still done.

2. "And was going to kill him" ????? Via what exactly? He did nothing but piss Escanor off.

Lastly, listen m8 we could back and forth about this but it wasn't a win for Estarossa like.. at all. You say if Escanor didn't shunshine up he would've lost well guess what if Estarossa didn't bust out the darkness he would've lost sooner.

I really can't fathom how you can say "Estarossa would've if...." ?? Both characters had an arsenal and Escanor won out. When Estarossa thought he had the upper hand he got one-shotted. That's not a decisive win that's getting absolutely demolished.

Escanor doesn't need to release Tier 6 energy, he can just release energy that's more powerful than All Might within Tier High 7-A. That's not enough to stomp.

No Aizen I didn't say Esta won, I was saying Esta was going to win because he was fully healed while Escanor was injured and his Cruel Sun was blacked out. If Esca hadn't sunshine'd up then Esta would have won. I'm not saying his win didn't count because he used Sunshine, I was using the fight as a point that Esca stomps all of his opponents.

If it's not enough to stomp, then there's no reason All Might's powers wouldn't defend him. He can literally camp Escanor as his shockwaves should, just like Izuku's still retain a decent amount of their striking strength for the first meters (in his case, probably the first dozen or hundred meters). And even though that's not his fighting style, he wouldn't be dumb to throw himself in danger against an enemy he knows he might get f*cked by if he gives up on strategical fighting. He's smart, so I don't see how Escanor's flame projectiles or heat protecting him at close range are so useful.

All Might can't use shock waves to punch away heat conveyed by light, so making this into a range match is a bad idea. His shock waves will quickly lose energy b/c inverse square law and the little damage he does from a large distance will be healed by Sunshine's low-level regen. All the while Escanor grows stronger. Getting even a moderate distance away will let Escanor keep firing off sunlight attacks from Rhitta. Again, Escanor does not use flame projectiles except for Cruel Sun, his attacks are conveyed by flashes of his sunlight. All you need to do is go back and look at him killing Izraf and him using Charge and Fire to see that.

All Might's dilemna summed up:

Stay at moderate range and risk continuous Rhitta attacks that he can't punch away or dodge, resulting in him quickly losing.

Move into CQC where the light will blind him, he'll barely be able to breathe, the heat will continually wear down his HP, and he risks getting hit by the axe directly while he can't see. Any wounds dealt are imbued with continual heat, sapping All Might's HP even more quickly and giving him constant pain to deal with.

This isn't a stomp because All Might can damage Escanor and if he plays his cards right he could win, but imo it's a decisive victory for Escanor because his powerset is a terrible matchup for someone like All Might.

DragonEmperor23 said:
No Aizen I didn't say Esta won, I was saying Esta was going to win because he was fully healed while Escanor was injured and his Cruel Sun was blacked out. If Esca hadn't sunshine'd up then Esta would have won. I'm not saying his win didn't count because he used Sunshine, I was using the fight as a point that Esca stomps all of his opponents.
Except he wasn't fully healed as that's not how demon regen works and it's up for debate if Escanor was really injured.

But I hear you loud and clear now m8 so I'm done with it. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back