• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
that's litterally the same thing, the fear of death doesn't change
Oh it does. One is a chance, the other is a certainty.

do they have any feats of overcoming fears ? because if ot it does't ****** matter
They have feats of doing the former "i could lose my life here". It wasn't enough though.

i read it, but your argument is bullshit headcanon, so i don't buy it
Ah yes, i've gotten outplayed here again. Man, these factual statements here really giving me a hard time.

what Edel has is classified as Limited Fear Mamipulation, so fear resistace blocks it, especially sice William's resistace covers the normal kind of fear
No it's not. I've explained it like 4 times by now. What "fear manip" is and how "showing ppl they will die", isn't fear manip.

Either way, William has passive 5-D fear manipulation, so Edel can't win
I will need citation on that being a thing at all, citation on that potency and citation on the range being 4km. These things matter.

Oh it does. One is a chance, the other is a certainty.
it doesn't, if you are scared of dying then it is the same

They have feats of doing the former "i could lose my life here". It wasn't enough though.

that's litterallyy not even an half-decent display of willpower in fiction tbh

Ah yes, i've gotten outplayed here again. Man, these factual statements here really giving me a hard time.
you are wanking what is essentially Social Influancing of all things, so you wouldn't even deserve a proper responce

No it's not. I've explained it like 4 times by now. What "fear manip" is and how "showing ppl they will die", isn't fear manip.
and i don't care, it isn't how we threat it on the wiki, make a CRT if you disagree

I will need citation on that being a thing at all, citation on that potency and citation on the range being 4km. These things matter.
thing on the profile, so you have to prove the negative

it's an application of Shadow Magic, which was granted to him directly by grandfather Spider (Low 1-C being), and which also has thousands of meters of range

Last edited:
it doesn't, if you are scared of dying then it is the same
Nope, they tried the first one, it didn't work, so good luck.

being in a life
I honestly have no idea what you mean here.

you are wanking what is essentially Social Influancing of all things, so you wouldn't even deserve a proper responce
Which isn't fear hax? Which was my point from the beginning, ah i see i've gotten outplayed again. I got got.

and i don't care, it isn't how we threat it on the wiki, make a CRT if you disagree
The fear page says otherwise. People doing stupid additions left and right doesn't give you the chance to say "Make a CRT", i don't need to revise anything. What needs revision is people's mentality, which isn't any CRT business.

thing on the profile, so you have to prove the negative
It doesn't say it's passive, it doesn't say it's 5D and it doesn't state any range for the fear. So yes you gotta prove that. Hell the profile should have done that already, but since the profile has a literal negative amount of scans, you gotta do that, since you're arguing for it.

it's an application of Shadow Magic, which was granted to him directly by grandfather Spider (Low 1-C being) and which also has thousands of meters of range
A power granted by a higher D being isn't necessarily higher d. And thousand of meters applies to the fear?

How is that NLF? We call NLF on her actually causing that death for any character (although i should make a CRT in the future explaining why it's not NLF unless there are some smurf immortalities). Not just showing them, cus it's not her showing you that, it's your own fate.
"Was granted immortality by Grandfather Spider and became known as the duck of death, He can only be harmed and killed by pure silver bullets made from light The embodiment of death cannot claim William's life" - I am sure this means he has smurf immortality, since Spider is 5D

She will also need feats of killing someone with type 5 immortality.

Also, can William null Fate hax or no?

The fear page says otherwise. People doing stupid additions left and right doesn't give you the chance to say "Make a CRT", i don't need to revise anything. What needs revision is people's mentality, which isn't any CRT business
it says it's fear hax if it's done with "Supernatural" means, which Edel's thing is definitelly

It doesn't say it's passive, it doesn't say it's 5D and it doesn't state any range for the fear. So yes you gotta prove that. Hell the profile should have done that already, but since the profile has a literal negative amount of scans, you gotta do that, since you're arguing for it.
it says that shadow magic causes fear in people

All his Shadow Magic is higher D, so there's no point re-saying it for every thing

read, "Thousands of kilomters with magic" and that's the work of his magic, so

A power granted by a higher D being isn't necessarily higher d. And thousand of meters applies to the fear?
It's accepted as 5-D, in fact it's the reason he's in the spot at all

Still no evidence actually given for any of that.
Nothing for his magic specifically being 5-D.
Nothing about whether his fear also has that much range, (I don’t see why it would scale to his other spells at all when they are completely different.)

It isn't like anything here is stopping him from getting closer, anyway, he has too much immortality.

I also found something in an old thread:

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I doubt anyone knows William so imma debate for him.

Completely immortal and invulhanrable (Resistant to all in-verse abilities) to all harm. The 2-A embodiment of death cannot claim Williams life due to his immortality. His immortality can be negated with powerful Light Manipulation and light enhanced blessed silver bullets (That's the only reason he lost in verse).

Passive 4-D Power Nullification that can negate all these abilities and many more, his resistances to mind hax, memory hax, etc is 4-D as his mind and body is protected by Shadow Magic and has 4-D mind hax and resistance negation to resistances of mind hax.

Last edited:
I am sure this means he has smurf immortality, since Spider is 5D
That doesn't actually. That kind of stuff is only 5D if the person who gave him the immortality actually refuses to let that guy die (will revive him at all costs) or is linked to his existence. Obvious example here would be Reinhard and Mercurius, Cain and the Presence (iirc), etc. Just being granted a power by a higher D being doesn't mean the power is higher d.

She will also need feats of killing someone with type 5 immortality
She doesn't, she won't kill him, he will just see his own death.

it says it's fear hax if it's done with "Supernatural" means, which Edel's thing is definitelly
Yes, not if your supernatural means have nothing to do with actually forcing people's fears. Otherwise me using reality warping to make a TV that will show you a horror film would be fear hax too. Which is as you may have guessed pretty stupid.

it says that shadow magic causes fear in people
Citation on this as it can just be naturally induced.

All his Shadow Magic is higher D, so there's no point re-saying it for every thing
Wasn't it just given by a higher D being instead of being higher d though? Also if something causes fear, that doesn't scale to the dimensionality of the magic, because it's not magic being used in a certain way, it's just ppl being scared of it. So even if magic were 5D, it wouldn't scale to the fear hax without more context.

read, "Thousands of kilomters with magic" and that's the work of his magic, so
Yes, not all magic though. A dude caused a nuke that engulfed an entire island? That somehow scales to his teleportation. That's the kind of argument you could be making with that reasoning.

It's accepted as 5-D, in fact it's the reason he's in the spot at all
Not stated in the profile so you'll need to give scans if you want ppl in matches to accept this.

It isn't like anything here is stopping him from getting closer, anyway, he has too much immortality.
He doesn't have too much immortality if he can die without negating his immortality.

What? The 2A embodiment of death can't kill the duck, how is that not too much immortality? Or are you saying Edel can still somehow use her powers here because "she is just showing, so the dimensionality does not matter".

What? The 2A embodiment of death can't kill the duck, how is that not too much immortality?
Cus he can be killed by 3D shit like light and silver?
Or are you saying Edel can still somehow use her powers here because "she is just showing, so the dimensionality does not matter".
Exactly what im saying she isn't even trying to get past his immortality, it's just William's fate showing him his death from fighting edel.

If that is the case, i think he would kill Edel before she has time to use any light or silver knife, because if he thinks Edel has either of those due to being able to show him dying to them he has no reason to not attack from a distance, and going by the Shadow Magic page, it is 4D by default (the post i found also says that). Also, i have my doubts the Light and Silver bullets able to kill him are even 3D, but it seems dimensionality does not matter for Edel to kill someone.

You still don't get the whole "he won't fight her cus he'll be scared of dying". His own fate will show him that he will die if he fights her. His own image of death (how he imagines his own death) will happen/will be shown to him.

It will not scare him due to him having already killed the embodiment of his fear? Embodiment of his fear >>> fate showing light and silver bullets.

Depends, usually just standing there showing bloodlust just to flex the fact that she can beat you "with her eyes alone". That's what she did against Stella at least.

That somehow means he doesn't care about dying? Nahhh
He can care about dying without being scared. I would think if you killed your embodiment of fear, you can't really be scared by anything anymore. So yeah, he should survive her fear manipulation just fine unless killing his fears isn't as literal as it sounds.

That would still mean he would refuse to fight. Why would he fighting a match he will lose?
Because losing isn't a certainty? Plus, if she only shows him dying since she can't actually kill him he has reason to try and kill her so as to avoid that fate. She can't make him scared, so he wouldn't instinctively default to retreat like others seem to do which allows him the ability to actively stay and fight.

Why are we assuming that a guy who literally fought his embodiment of fear will be scared of someone showing a vision of certain death to him? I feel like we are wanking this fear hax quite a bit. And why are we assuming that every character will take this seriously. Just because it scared someone =/= it will scare everyone. Some people will consider this to be just an illusion and continue to press onward. I don't see anything stating that the character has to assume it's real or actually take this seriously. How would they know that this is "fate"? These guys don't know what a Desperado works or what in entails, so they have no reason to assume this vision is real or not an illusion whatsoever. At most it may leave the person stunned and contemplating what the hell they just saw, but to assume they will just cower in fear I find to be pretty BS.

I feel like we are wanking this fear hax quite a bit. And why are we assuming that every character will take this seriously. Just because it scared someone =/= it will scare everyone.
Oh it did scare everyone, and it's apparently made pretty obvious to everyone that this is what happens if they continue fighting. It's to the extent that you even feel the pain from being killed and see everything in detail so....

Some people will consider this to be just an illusion and continue to press onward.
Obvious thing in rakudai, apparently not 1 guy actually thought of this as a simple illusion, i guess it has sth to do with the "it's your own fate showing you things".

These guys don't know what a Desperado works or what in entails, so they have no reason to assume this vision is real or not an illusion whatsoever.
Literally the same thing can be said for the ppl in verse. None of them knew about what desperados are or entail, but it didn't change anything.

At most it may leave the person stunned and contemplating what the hell they just saw, but to assume they will just cower in fear I find to be pretty BS.
They just saw their own death in the hands of Edelweiss.

Oh it did scare everyone, and it's apparently made pretty obvious to everyone that this is what happens if they continue fighting. It's to the extent that you even feel the pain from being killed and see everything in detail so....
It scared everyone, but I hightly doubt it'll scare someone who got rid of their embodiment of feats. It scared those guys in story =/= it'll scare everyone.
Obvious thing in rakudai, apparently not 1 guy actually thought of this as a simple illusion, i guess it has sth to do with the "it's your own fate showing you things".
It's more plot wise, the writer never thought to make that a thing. Just because no one has thought it to be an illusion =/= someone else can. Especially fearless characters or characters who come from verses with power illusionists.
Literally the same thing can be said for the ppl in verse. None of them knew about what desperados are or entail, but it didn't change anything.
I guess they were just too dumb to not question it or that is simply enough to scare people in that verse. Doesn't mean everyone has to follow the same rules.
They just saw their own death in the hands of Edelweiss.
And now they question whether it was not an illusion. They feel the pain from it? So what? That doesn't mean they'll just cower. They can easily think it's a strong illusion or even being generous, they can simply be stunned for a bit. People would react to this differently. Hell, some character may be like "how dare you do this to me" and attack out of rage, see it as a neat trick, etc, etc. I disagree that assuming it will only do one thing to people.

It scared everyone, but I hightly doubt it'll scare someone who got rid of their embodiment of feats. It scared those guys in story =/= it'll scare everyone.
I explained why beating your embodiment of fear doesn't mean "you don't care whether you die in a fight".

It's more plot wise, the writer never thought to make that a thing. Just because no one has thought it to be an illusion =/= someone else can. Especially fearless characters or characters who come from verses with power illusionists.
There are illusionists in rakudai too, so moot point.

I guess they were just too dumb to not question it or that is simply enough to scare people in that verse. Doesn't mean everyone has to follow the same rules.
Ah yes, the good ol "rakudai people are disabled" argument to make it so that these abilities don't work outside of rakudai. Yes dragon.

Hell, some character may be like "how dare you do this to me" and attack out of rage, see it as a neat trick, etc, etc. I disagree that assuming it will only do one thing to people.
Yeah but as stated in rakudai "your soul understands the terror of the opponent" so.... again moot point.

I explained why beating your embodiment of fear doesn't mean "you don't care whether you die in a fight".
It doesn't matter when the character doesn't fear death. They would rather not die, however, that doesn't mean they will cower in fear from seeing the death. Not many people WANT to die, however how they react to a life or death situation is different.
There are illusionists in rakudai too, so moot point.
Never argued this. My argument is that not all characters are gonna assume this is "Fate" and less of an illusion, or not everyone is to be deterred from this. Especially when they have fought their embodiment of fear and are likely not going to buckle because someone showed them their death.
Ah yes, the good ol "rakudai people are disabled" argument to make it so that these abilities don't work outside of rakudai. Yes dragon.
Ah yes, ignoring the actual point I am making. Thanks Earl. My point is not that the ability doesn't work in other verses. My point is that not everyone has to be assumed to react the same way as Rakudai people.
Yeah but as stated in rakudai "your soul understands the terror of the opponent" so.... again moot point.
How this will work on a person 100% fearless I don't know. It can inflict fear in countless number of ways, but the simple fact is that William will likely not be scared off by this. It doesn't matter whether William doesn't want to die or not. It's whether the fear of death will deter them. At the end of the day, it is still a fear tactic. It being by "Fate hax" or whatever doesn't change that. We can use all the pretty words we want and say it's not "traditional" all we want, but the basic premise of inducing the fear of "certain death" is still the same.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter when the character doesn't fear death. They would rather not die, however, that doesn't mean they will cower in fear from seeing the death. Not many people WANT to die, however how they react to a life or death situation is different.
Just about everyone will react with "imma not start the fight", if they knew that fighting said opponent would mean certain death.

Never argued this. My argument is that not all characters are gonna assume this is "Fate" and less of an illusion, or not everyone is to be deterred from this. Especially when they have fought their embodiment of fear and are likely not going to buckle because someone showed them their death.
And im explaining that the "there are illusionists in the verse" is a bad argument. I also debunked the "fought his embodiment of fear" too so idk why u keep bringing it up.

Ah yes, ignoring the actual point I am making. Thanks Earl. My point is not that the ability doesn't work in other verses. My point is that not everyone has to be assumed to react the same way as Rakudai people.
And i explained that no matter what character you have, this has shown to work on everyone, different type of characters don't matter.

How this will work on a person 100% fearless I don't know.
Ah yes, taking the "terror" to mean "fear hax" again. Fair point. You know what i meant dude, the soul understands the consequences (for some reason, don't ask me) due to the strength of the opponent.

It can inflict fear in countless number of ways, but the simple fact is that William will likely not be scared off by this. It doesn't matter whether William doesn't want to die or not.
I agree it doesn't matter, cus people will still refuse to start a fight they know they will die in.

It's whether the fear of death will deter them. At the end of the day, it is still a fear tactic. It being by "Fate hax" or whatever doesn't change that.
It doesn't, but a "fear tactic" isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Certain death >>>>>>>>> beating the embodiment of your fears. Certain death is something you'd stay away from no matter how fearless you are. It's called having braincells.

Just about everyone will react with "imma not start the fight", if they knew that fighting said opponent would mean certain death.
That's assuming that they consider this vision to be a true thing. And even, that's an assumption on your part for the character. Especially when it is simply a vision of death.
And im explaining that the "there are illusionists in the verse" is a bad argument. I also debunked the "fought his embodiment of fear" too so idk why u keep bringing it up.
You didn't "debunk" it. You gave your opinion on why it doesn't work. I keep bringing it up, because I am not convinced of your logic. Just because Earl says it doesn't mean it objectively doesn't work. The logic of "I show your death and you get scared" =/= "I'm just not gonna fight this opponent even though I have no idea whether this is an illusion or not", especially when the fear portion won't even effect William here. So now all he has is this death vision that he doesn't know is real or not and we know that it won't scare him. Not buying it.
And i explained that no matter what character you have, this has shown to work on everyone, different type of characters don't matter.
This is NLF and assuming that just because it works on everyone in verse = it works the same on everyone outside of verse. Oh, everyone in Rakudai cowered in fear. That's neat. Doesn't mean William will also cower in fear.
Ah yes, taking the "terror" to mean "fear hax" again. Fair point. You know what i meant dude, the soul understands the consequences (for some reason, don't ask me) due to the strength of the opponent.
You realize this still induces fear. Making the soul understand the consequences sounds quite flowery to me and seems to moreso imply that the person is just extremely terrified. Unless we are saying this Fate hax targets the soul. And if it depends on the "strength of the opponent", I find it dubious that William's soul would be terrified of an opponent that's not stronger than him. Speaking of tiers. Why is the justification for Stella being Island level linking to a City level calc? Where does Island level come from?
I agree it doesn't matter, cus people will still refuse to start a fight they know they will die in.
I disagree. Sounds more like the person sees their death, assumes it's real and gets scared. For all William knows, he will not die and he's merely seeing an illusion. He wouldn't be scared and he likely wouldn't assume his opponent would kill him. Being fearless can also imply that he'll just power through. You underestimate how people would react to seeing that they opponent will kill them if they fought, especially when done via a vision.
It doesn't, but a "fear tactic" isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Certain death >>>>>>>>> beating the embodiment of your fears. Certain death is something you'd stay away from no matter how fearless you are. It's called having braincells.
Or it's called not being scared away by a vision of death that can easily be considered an illusion or some mental trick. Especially when a fearless character can still choose to fight "certain death" even for the chance that they could win. Not everyone react to this the same way. It's less to do with braincells and moreso whether the character would even consider this "real" or be scared off by the idea of fighting "certain death" which in reality is simply a vision of death.

Considering how much magic filled the Wizard101 universe is and how William himself has great experiece with fear stuff, he would just see Edel's thing as trickery and just continue fighting

That's assuming that they consider this vision to be a true thing. And even, that's an assumption on your part for the character. Especially when it is simply a vision of death
That's THE logical assumption, burden of proof is on you saying "he will say yeah imma die for no reason in this fight that sounds fun"

The logic of "I show your death and you get scared" =/= "I'm just not gonna fight this opponent even though I have no idea whether this is an illusion or not", especially when the fear portion won't even effect William here. So now all he has is this death vision that he doesn't know is real or not and we know that it won't scare him. Not buying it.
That argument has 0 correlation with the "fought his embodiment of death though", which is what im saying shouldn't be brought up. As for the "i have no idea" they know for a fact it's their own death.
This is NLF and assuming that just because it works on everyone in verse = it works the same on everyone outside of verse. Oh, everyone in Rakudai cowered in fear. That's neat. Doesn't mean William will also cower in fear.
Not NLF cus it has a very clear weakness that being the mindset of "idc if i die".

You realize this still induces fear. Making the soul understand the consequences sounds quite flowery to me and seems to moreso imply that the person is just extremely terrified. Unless we are saying this Fate hax targets the soul. And if it depends on the "strength of the opponent", I find it dubious that William's soul would be terrified of an opponent that's not stronger than him.
Not really, the girl didn't even realize she was scared.

- Yes, it seems in front of me an invisible wall ... or a barrier ... in short, something like that.
She did not doubt her assumption.
But…
  • No, - Ascarid suddenly entered the conversation. - There is no wall here. The reason is completely different why you cannot budge.
  • What ... !?
  • Your soul was frightened by the importance of this step.
  • Y-you're wrong ...!

Stella immediately rushed to refute the words of Ascaris.

This is a MTL cus i can't find the og translation rn. The person can clearly understand this is his own fate and not an illusion. It's done in such a way that it is apparent, what can i say. Instead of the "oh the rakudai people are just dumb for not thinking it's an illusion", it makes much more sense to say that "it's done in such a way that it's apparent it's their fate", considering they also call this thing "the aura of death" among other things. Seems to be pretty apparent that it's not just lol mind hax. And besides wouldn't that extra scary considering this is an opponent that can make him feel this despite his passive power nullification?

Speaking of tiers. Why is the justification for Stella being Island level linking to a City level calc? Where does Island level come from?
Multipliers.

I disagree. Sounds more like the person sees their death, assumes it's real and gets scared.
Not really, they know they aren't dead yet, so it would be quite far fetched to say "that's my future" if there wasn't something that makes it obvious. Ouma was affected by hypnosis once that made him see illusions, he didn't just wake up and say "OMG, THAT'S MY FUTURE".

For all William knows, he will not die and he's merely seeing an illusion.
He sees himself dying to light, ofc he knows he'll die.

He wouldn't be scared and he likely wouldn't assume his opponent would kill him
He would if he sees his opponent killing him with a light attack.

You underestimate how people would react to seeing that they opponent will kill them if they fought, especially when done via a vision.
You are the one underestimating the people in rakudai here. They have gotten into fights where death is 1 step away every time. They still refuse here, cus there is a big difference between a possibility and a certainty.

Especially when a fearless character can still choose to fight "certain death" even for the chance that they could win.
Exactly, what i explained above. It's not a matter of chance here.

It's less to do with braincells and moreso whether the character would even consider this "real" or be scared off by the idea of fighting "certain death" which in reality is simply a vision of death.
Considering in verse it's made pretty blatant to the characters that this is real, as i said, it is much smarter to say "it's the way it's done that makes it feel in such a way that it's clear it's real" instead of "rakudai never thought of that LMAO" when they have fought illusions before.

I think I am seeing it now. So then the characters are forced to see it as real and aren't just assuming it is. While I don't agree that WtD will be scared off, I also don't know the character. From what I was getting, it was simply a vision that could cause pain overall. While I don't fully buy this, I am not going to continue to argue this, especially when I don't even know W101.

By the sound of it, Edelweiss should be fighting for the number 1 spot then.

Last edited:
I think Nasuverse is leaving 6-C or something. So Edelweiss, Digimon, The Duck and Shion would likely take the 2nd spot.

Oh, that's fair then. I still need to make Edelweiss vs digimon. I won't bother with edel vs shion cus it's a blatant inconclusive. Edel got nothing on a multiversal abstract.

I think Nasuverse is leaving 6-C or something. So Edelweiss, Digimon, The Duck and Shion would likely take the 2nd spot.
Edelweiss can't even get past the current 5th place Rimuru, who has High-Godly and Passives that Edelweiss doesn't resist, and will resist Fate Manipulation. (Which funnily enough it was used by its user to change Fate to allow her to break a previously unbreakable object with her sword.)

Edelweiss can't even get past the current 5th place Rimuru, who has High-Godly and Passives that Edelweiss doesn't resist, and will resist Fate Manipulation. (Which funnily enough it was used by its user to change Fate to allow her to break a previously unbreakable object with her sword.)
Basic fate resistance won't help. Edel's fate hax is much stronger. You need either smurf resistance or acausality type 4.

Back