• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rakudai: Wtf is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISSG7Redgrave

The World's Unluckiest Person
Joke Battles
Administrator
Ok guys Idk how we got this far and this long with Rakudai after...certain incidents. But after actually looking at the scans...they deadass look so wonky and Google Translated idk how we let it slide for this long. Especially the Desperado pages. It can't seem to even keep names consistent in their spelling or kept calling Desperados Desperate which is strange while sometimes having it being called the right term of Desperado

Here (the 2nd page literally has words like: limping limply not to mention fusing two different character's names (Ikki and Iris) while having some formatting inconsistencies)
Here (the 1st page says: In addition, every desperate, in addition)
Here and here (Tohka's name changes quite a bit and I could not find characters name Toki or Toka for the life off me unless its "fanart")
Here and here (Or-Gaule's name became Or-Goul or smth).
Here (Why is this called overwakening? I think its suppose to be excessive awakening but...)

Considering this, I do think we should delete it for similar reasons to MGK back when the series was using MT for the web novels cuz if this how it looks then unless someone can give a more reliable translation without those hiccups all over then yeah we should delete it.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Last edited:
I checked online to see where Rakudai is at, and it's at 19 volumes with the last one finished on December of last year.

If the officials are only at the first 2, and the rest have only MTL, the verse gotta be nuked and start from scratch or something like how it happened with MGK more or less (tho idk if that series got nuked or just remove any of the MTL stuff tho, but IK the latter happened).

This is just another case of how bad the quality of the pages are if it's been run solely on MTL, and one that's not even consistent at that on the names the OP mentioned.

Made a deletion thread a while ago. Wish I also had known about the translation issues back then. I agree with the verses deletion. If anyone is seriously down to reworking the verse from ground up, I'm willing to help. will have to start reading it again but yeah

Yeah if this is the level of translation error that Rakudai's had for so long for fan translation (which just looks like a half assed google translate), I support the verse being deleted/reworked from scratch with more up to date/official translations.

If I remember Rukadai was previously officially translated until vol 10 or some shit but the official English publishing company got bankrupted and they couldn't pay the licensing which resulted in all the previous official tl being removed from selling websites and now a new official publisher is translating it

If I remember Rukadai was previously officially translated until vol 10 or some shit but the official English publishing company got bankrupted and they couldn't pay the licensing which resulted in all the previous official tl being removed from selling websites and now a new official publisher is translating it
It was previously translated up to volume 5 by SoL press which shut down, from what I heard, due to tax evasion.

But yeah, now J-Novel Club is officially translating.

Last edited:
To be fair to the verse and Earl, Earl did state in the CRT for Desperado stuff that he used MTL, so it wasnt sneaked in. That was ages ago and it was begrudgingly accepted by people back in the days. But considering that we tightened that up, I agree with the deletion.

Unless Earl magically comes back and vows to change that of course, but that seems rather unrealistic.

Rest in peace father of skillwankery.

We'll need to have an admin at least to perform the deletion. Best place to do it is on the Profile Deletion Request Thread.

But yes, it's universally accepted by the normals and even a couple of thread mods that it needs to either go or at the very least get rid of any MTL made content on the pages.

Edit: Personally though, it's probably best to just scrap the whole series and redo it from scratch yes, since most of the content is surely got to be MTL beyond whatever was officially translated meaning it would be better to go according to what the officials are now at this point which is just the first 2 compared to the 5 that was pointed out before...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back