• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

@Assalt Why would it be worthless to have a durability that lets you be undamaged by your opponent's attacks while also having AP that lets you damage and potentially kill them?

@Weekly

Basically you're proposing this:

Warship Offense < Jasper < Garnet < Opal < Warship defense

I still ask why you would bring an indestructible vehicle and choose to mount a potato cannon on it for offense.

@Paulo Except 6-B enemies arent common at all, most enemies the Warship would be facing are characters that are below the likes of Jasper and Garnet, around Amethyst's level all the way down to Ruby's level.

@Assalt Because 99% of the entirety of the Gem race are weaker than Garnet and Jasper and thus would be easily killed by a Warship's blast. Youre comparing the entire race of Gems to two characters who are flat out stated to be exceedingly and abnormally strong

@Paulo Given Amethyst was also curbstomped by Jasper twice its consistent to say the warship would kill her

@Assault, there's another feat about the drill if you can take a look. I personally think is unaccurate, something about swimming in lava multiplying the speed by 100 and mini-cluster moving at 1.33%c despite the calc saying otherwise, but just to have a second opinion.

Also, i'd like someone to give an actual reason why to not use M-E Conversion other than 'it was agreed on months ago'

Doesn't seem to be any indication of that sort of power scaling to anything else they do, for one.

Except it does, it scales to everything they do

Garnet was able to casually restrain both Pearl and Amethyst with her shapeshifting which increased her size and mass drastically

The argument against E = Mc^2 is that their bodies aren't normal matter or energy, but some weird sci-fi hardlight that is likely to be unquantifiable.

That and turning energy into matter isn't mentioned it I am remembering right.

By this logic, TTGL Mass-Energy conversion is unuseable as it uses Spiral Energy which is, by that standard, 'weird sci-fi energy'

Both Pearl, the most intelligent and science-savvy of the Crystal Gems, and Peridot, the Gem whose entire reason for existing is to know how Gems bodies work and to monitor the growth of Kindergartens and who is so well versed in them that she can tell a Gem's attributes just by looking at the hole they came out of when they were made, have stated that they use Mass-energy conversion

One of the most basic concepts we go by is that "Energy is energy". Doesn't matter the source. If it can be quantified it's energy. We can't say we can't quantify Freeza Planet-busting because "Ki is weird chinese magic energy and thus we can't apply science to it".

WeeklyBattles said:
@Assalt They explicitly refer to it as energy later in the series
Pearl also states that their bodies are light with mass (freaking wut). The show can take make up its mind.

@Matt

Can you provide something in which "energy to mass" is used? I'd be satisfied if that kind of wording is used. But just calling their bodies energy and implying it still leaves me on the fence.

I'm pretty iffy on that light with mass statement anyway because it was only mentioned in a short, not an actual episode and seems to contradict what has been stated in the show.

Light is mentioned in Last One Out of Beach City as well because the Crewniverse doesn't know how the rules of their own show works, so every writter just does whatever they want with it, and the worldbuilding becomes a mess.

Not all gems are strong by simply reforming, Peridot is an example of this, she isn't remotely close ro Mountain level; few corrupted gems are relatively weak and get bigger than Amethyst. The off colors are also pretty weak despite being big and all, and Steven was capable to create mass was he was far from strong as he is now (you can call him to be an exception if you wish).

Other thing, why is Aquamarine scaled from Alex when he just paralysed her?

I never really liked the way Aquamarine is rated, it makes it seem like she can one-shot 6-A characters, but the wand doesn't do damage, it just restrains, as shown when both Pearl and Steven have survived being restrained by it (I could also bring up the humans, but that could be PIS, so we can ignore that); Alexandrite defusing honestly doesnt sound like a good proof of High 6-A damage either, because she's the hardest fusion to maintain, due to using all the Crystal Gems (minus Steven) to fuse.

I mean youre not wrong but at the same time we give people ratings for TK based on restraining characters of a certain tier

I always thought we did that because the TK is done by the character's own power (which means it could likely be translated into attacks, or could be used to crush weaker enemies), while Aquamarine's wand was shown not to one-shot weaker characters, or do any damage at all.

Her wand is still a weapon and was still able to restrain Alexandrite to the point that she was incapable of moving, as well as casually flinging Pearl into orbit

It doesnt have to inflict High 6-A damage, hell Tornado of Terror never inflicted High 6-C damage with her TK but she's still High 6-C with it, she's High 6-C for stopping a High 6-C attack with her TK

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I always thought we did that because the TK is done by the character's own power (which means it could likely be translated into attacks, or could be used to crush weaker enemies), while Aquamarine's wand was shown not to one-shot weaker characters, or do any damage at all.

Back