• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

I do not recall anyone saying that fusions are weaker than the Light Cannon (unless we were refering to Garnet or any fusion around her power), the fact is that no one of the three Crystal Gems are capable to destroy or even damage the Red Eye.

Also, what WoG? the Sun's one? That was already debunked in two levels above.

Scaling is even worse considering that by his same logic Garnet > Jasper > Warship >> Opal >= Light Cannon > Red Eye >> Garnet.

hence why the scene should be taken as PIS as taking it seriously completely messes up any semblance of scaling in the verse

We're not, the scaling goes Opal > Garnet = Jasper

Jasper tanked the core of the ship exploding, Opal slowed the ship as a whole

WeeklyBattles said:
Opal is stronger than Garnet yes
Exactly the problem here, Garnet is at most as strong as Opal, Garnet being above the Warship would make her way stronger than Opal.

Opal's arrows did nothing to the ship.

Jasper survived the ship being completely destroyed.

Garnet defeated Jasper.

Garnet > Jasper > Ship > Opal > Garnet

I'll go by the previous suggestion and say that the durability inside the Warship is far below its exterior, the ship possing a defensive position against the attacks would also suggest that the Warship was using some type of shilds. The other method its a positive feedback scaling and lead to nonesense.

@Antonio Yeah, scaling any character directly to the ship is flat out wrong, no gem did anything to the ship

WeeklyBattles said:
Paulo.junior.969 said:
I was wondering, even if the tractor laser doesn't scale to the Gems, could it scale to other weapons, like the the Gem Warship? Because that would affect one of Peridot's keys.
Seeing as the ship was considered ancient tech yes it would scale
Which in turn would further support the Gems being 6-B anyways seeing as Jasper tanked the power source exploding at its epicenter
Is it 6-B or not? I can't follow you if you don't pick one.

The ship crashing is at most High 7-A, but in order to scale AoE should be taken into consideration. And here we are again, with "base" gems being 6-C or below.

So, the power source exploding is 6-B, but the ship exploding is Tier 7, even though they're the same explosion, therefore, the explosion is 6-B and Tier 7 at the same time... wat?

1. We already do that for every other verse that has feats for it.

2. Because the Gems use said energy in combat

3. Because their true forms are literally energy. So it's like saying they shouldn't scale to their own body.

4. The fact that they do this with complete ease shows that it isn't above other things they do.

Yes, plus again, them being able to stagger the diamonds would have to put them at least 6-B, otherwise they wouldn't have done anything I imagine.

Well, if we were to take them fighting Blue Diamond as an actual feat, they would be High 6-A, since the Diamonds scale to a Exaton feat, which puts them massively above baseline High 6-A.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for your guys to decide the mass-energy at this point.

The only one who did any staggering was Steven, the Diamonds were basically just mildly annoyed by the Gems' combined efforts, even Lapis' powers were instantly overpowered

No, because they didn't beat the Diamonds, they only knocked them around a bit. I'm saying they would need to be 6-B to knock them around. I feel like durability is taken to literally on this site, a 6-B character can damage a 6-A character, just not enough to win.

If it is done for every other verse (which has not been shown examples), but does not ultimately end up accepted here that may be a bigger problem of wiki principle, and I am uncertain how they directly use that specific energy in battle either.

Also, Garnet was able to forcibly break Blue Diamond's arms out of blocking position.

I agree with Paulo.

(I love how an innocent question about how piercing damage works turned into a whole 200+ replies thread.)

Actually, I just had a thought, would it be better to table this discussion for awhile and bring it back up again later? With the Diamond Days special coming up, there may be more feats and other stuff to go off of, 'cause say if we decided that gems are a lower tier right now, but then they get bumped back up because of the special, wouldn't this whole thread just be a waste of time?

Not really, if we decide that the reasons we have right now are innacurate, but then they get 6-B feats, the reasoning for them being 6-B would be different, and since 6-B can be anywhere from 7 Teratons to 100 Teratons, knowing the reasons for them being on this tier is important.

I already asked Assault about the issue. But regardless, the tractor nor warship scaling (to "base" gems) can't be used anymore, neither the Garnet surviving in the Sun's core; and if the energy-mass convertion is used the calc should be corrected, with using garnet density rather than steel, I would as suggest to use her stable size otherwise we are going to have to same positive feedback scaling Garnet > Garnet with large arms > Garnet.

But, wouldn't it be simpler to THEN discuss what 6-B feats can and can't be used? Because a whole month of them being on a different tier just for it to get changed back seems a little, redundant.

Characters getting downgraded and then upgraded again happens all the time, and even if they get more feats, we would still have to discuss if we cn or cannot use the current feats.

Back