• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

An art style change doesn't equal mind hax, they had a conversation and Stevonnie thought about their life, that's it.

Even though there was a bunch of weird butterflies flying around them and them seeing Ruby, Sapphire, Connie, and Steven despite that being impossible since they were all fused together?

Stevonnie sees weird stuff all of the time, it happened when she was dancing with Kevin in Together Alone, when she was driving in Beach City Drift, and even many times in Mindful Education, all of which Garnet had nothing to do with.

I'm indifferent if this is threated to be Mind Manipulation, is kinda weird, however is not Memory Manipulation, no memory was altered or erased so I don't see how qualify as that. Anyway, I feel like people will use that as an argument (somehow), so nuff say, this is not useful in combat (or even outside against someone unfamiliar).

Keeweed said:
I guess rose was also just there aswell then.
27FE1240-7595-417F-B53D-BA0E3C10B233
That entire scene was after Garnet and Stevonnie talked, Garnet had nothing to do with those hallucinations. Remember, Stevonnie saw a similar thing before Garnet did her mind manip as well when Connie saw the kid she hurt.

CinnabarManx421 said:
That entire scene was after Garnet and Stevonnie talked, Garnet had nothing to do with those hallucinations. Remember, Stevonnie saw a similar thing before Garnet did her mind manip as well when Connie saw the kid she hurt.
That's the point, since Stevonnie has hallucination all of the time, there's no proof Garnet was the one doing it in that scene.

So this could either be chalked up to hallucinations you just pointed out Stevonnie has or Garnet gains a New never before heard of ability out of her ass only to never use it again. Hmmm which one is more likely (also if that came off as rude sorry)

Paulo.junior.969 said:
CinnabarManx421 said:
In Winter Forecast she also made Steven uncontrollably see different futures.
That's neither Mind nor Memory, that's just Garnet passing his Precognition to him.
No, it is. Steven physically couldn't do or think of anything else while that was happening.

Honestly, the Crewniverse pulling a new ability out of nowhere because they wrote themselves into a corner really wouldn't surprise me; by God is this show's writting unprofessional.

Keeweed said:
So this could either be chalked up to hallucinations you just pointed out Stevonnie has or Garnet gains a New never before heard of ability out of her ass only to never use it again. Hmmm which one is more likely (also if that came off as rude sorry)
She has used mind manip before as well though, in Winter Forecast, she made Steven uncontrollably see different futures without him being able to do or think of anything else. (I think Genjutsu from Naruto is similar but idk)

But he couldn't control it nor was able to do anything else while under it's influence. She manipulated the way his mind was working and is thus mind manipulation.

Garnet only passed her powers to Steven temporaly, if Steven known or not how to use them then is irrelevant; is not Mind Manipulation, is Power Bestowal, and bestowing a power than gives you visions is not Mind Manipulation.

Back