• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

I've come across this "theory" at various places acrosss the internet. The idea that the Gems are weak to "piercing damage" and they are more durable to blun force and energy damage. People cited Jasper poofing via metal rod and Pealr getting stabbed as proof.

Whats the consensus on this idea?

Piercing attacks in SU has the same effect like in real life or any other media, but here is generally ignored.

But now that you comments about Holo-Pearl, I don't think gems are Low-High in regen; of course, they're regen as long the gem is unharmed, but being stapped in the center of mass (despite not having organs) or beheaded would make them poof.

Yeah, piercing damage is treated as the same on this site. Though it's even true to real life. You can take a punch better than getting stabbed by a knife.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
It does, it's powerscaling.
You're just assuming she's stronger instead of considering whether the established power is an overestimation. You gotta have something else to it.

If you think the stablished power is overestimated, you should be talking about this thing right here, not about a random scene like Holo-Pearl Vs Pearl, since there's really nothing in that fight that proves that Gems aren't as powerful as we think they are.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
If you think the stablished power is overestimated, you should be talking about this thing right here, not about a random scene like Holo-Pearl Vs Pearl, since there's really nothing in that fight that proves that Gems aren't as powerful as we think they are.
What even is that. Some kind of comic?

It's Level 2 canon, and there's nothing in the show that contradicts it, so using it is fine.

Although the feat scaling to the Gems is bullshit anyway because we don't know how durable the ship is.

We do not scale a weapon's potency to its durability with no further proof, similar to that satellize cannon from Superman. Also, if the laser is really a tractor laser then the calculation is wrong.

Were gems actually being scaled to that? I'm honest, I'm not really interested in SU's rating here, I just watch the serie and I hate it 50% of the time.

Tipoima said:
I really doubt Gem tiers come from that. Lapis is still a thing, for one
That rating do not scale to gems like Garnet or similars, just to Malachite and above.

I was sure that that Assault, me and others discussed about energy-convertion in gems weren't accurate. Also, how is being fragile a scaling reason? As for me, a grenade is fragile, like a rocket or a nuke.

Antoniofer said:
We do not scale a weapon's potency to its durability with no further proof, similar to that satellize cannon from Superman. Also, if the laser is really a tractor laser then the calculation is wrong.
To be precise, it's a tractor beam that somehow got screwed by "pulsar waves" and started firing a "phaser" at Earth. We see heat up the town it's aimed at, but not to any deadly levels (besides occasional lightning which melted some sand)

I'm still wondering why Yellow Diamond scales from the full durability of her warship when all she did was break a small piece of it; that's like saying that I'm Mountain level because I can pick up a small rock from a mountain and break it, it doesn't make any sense.

The gems scale from the dura of the warship as well as the other casual tier 6 feats in the verse you guys were there when this was discussed

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I'm still wondering why Yellow Diamond scales from the full durability of her warship when all she did was break a small piece of it; that's like saying that I'm Mountain level because I can pick up a small rock from a mountain and break it, it doesn't make any sense. </div>
Welcome to vsbattles wiki, lol. (yes, i know you've been here for a while, that's not to be taken literally) This kind of logic and assuming that authors lack of physics knowledge is somehow canon is the entire foundation of this place

Antoniofer said:
I was sure that that Assault, me and others discussed about energy-convertion in gems weren't accurate. Also, how is being fragile a scaling reason? As for me, a grenade is fragile, like a rocket or a nuke.
WeeklyBattles said:
6-B gems is fine, they're not being downgraded
I hate when that happens, everyone just start saying stuff that contradicts the other, and I just get confused because I can't follow two different logics at once.

The mass energy was supposed to be removed yes

They scale to the 6-B ship as they were going to destroy the source that was causing 6-B damage

That is not how sources of energy works, destroying a grenade, rocket or nuke wouldn't require nearly the same energy inside to destroy them; the fact that Pearl said that the source is delicated would suggest anything but high durability.

I think that Antoniofer makes sense. My apologies Weekly.

Back