• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

Antonio asked me to comment here, so I will.

Right now I don't have a strong opinion on using ME for SU one way or the other. I will say that if ME is becomes the strongest feat in the verse, I have my doubts.

Its the strongest for the base gems and the Cluster; Malachite, Alex and Diamonds scale to other stuff.

The only thing its a feat for for the Cluster is a theoretical yield of its true form which has yet to be shown

Its not the strongest for anyone else and it supports the other tier 6 feats in the verse

Its still the strongest for gems like Pearl, Amethyst, Jasper and Garnet, other feats are 6-C or below (laser no longer usable, they do not scale to the light cannon, the island monster being ambiguos, and Garnet surviving the sun's core no longer being High 6-C).

The laser is 100% useable there is no reason to not use it unless you want to make a wiki-wide revision to every other verse who uses the same reasoning

Also, verses like TTGL have feats of M-E conversion that are above the things they normally show as well so why would their feats be legitimate but not these? There is a serious double standard going on here.

Garnet surviving in the core is still High 6-C

Double standard is pretty common on this wiki, what is or isn't useble seems to vary from verse to verse, most things here are case by case.

Wouldn't Peridot and most corrupted Gems be higher than Wall level if we use M-E conversation since they make their light bodies the same way Garnet does or am I missing something?

I will say that the full Sun quote definitely implies exclusively heat. Using the full destructive force of the Sum's core seems disingenuous for a feat that was regardinf exclusively heat.

No one should scale to a potential attacks that no one tanked, being "fragile" do not means being unable to damage someone; no one scale to it.

The WoG statement refer to temperature, no gems has been in the sun's (or any star) core, it even state that those place exist in earth, where such pressures do not exist. Also, Kepekly already said that the calc was wrong.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
If the calcs are wrong, then can't we just re-do them?
I think is more about the method rather than the numbers, we still are unable to convert atmospheric pressure to energy.

@Antonio The power source of an ancient Gem ship produced 6-B energy. Jasper tanked the core of a modern Gem ship exploding at point blank range. Unless you think Gem ships have gotten significantly weaker as they became more advanced over thousands of years there is no reason to not scale the old core to the more advanced and logically more powerful core

The core of a modern Gem warship should logically be at the very least comparable to if not far superior to the likes of an ancient gem transport ship's core

Jasper scaling to the ship puts us on that weird "Garnet > Jasper > Ship > Cannon > Eye > Garnet" circular scaling again, which gets even weirder when you remember the ship can canonically destroy the Gems in a single shot.

With that logic it would need Town level energy to destroy a nuke, or fictional examples, removing forcefields by destroying the source of power wouldn't be possible since are as durable as the forcefields.

The Jasper feat is an issue, cuz it turns into a inconsistent, you would scale the Warship to Jasper, when the Warship is too much for Garnet and Opal, that are in fact stronger than Jasper.

@Antonio There are almost a dozen tier 6 feats in the verse, its not in any way shape or form inconsistent

Everybody

Stop

Now

No gems scale to the ship itself. Period.

Yall are legitimately pissing me off saying that they do when they dont and using that as an argument against the scaling.

@Paulo She scales to the CORE of the ship, not the ship itself. The modern warship core is logically superior to the 6-B core of the ancient transport ship

@Paulo Except it didnt destroy the Gems, we never saw it do that and they werent even damaged when the lasers of the ship were fired close to them

Plus it was never stated to be able to destroy them

I agree that the current wording regarding the ship is causing some confusion and needs some serious rewording but the scaling is consistent

WeeklyBattles said:
@Antonio There are almost a dozen tier 6 feats in the verse, its not in any way shape or form inconsistent
Not an outlier, inconsistent scaling.

Garnet < Opal < Warship < Jasper < Garnet

Im also fixing Jasper and Garnet's descriptions

Also i have no idea why falling into the earth's crust is under Jasper's dura section

Since Opal couldn't damage to ship, it would need to be a massive tank not to scale. The energy produced by the core powers its attacks. The Warship would be incapable of damaging other warships.

@Assalt The Warship is a massive tank yes

We've never seen a warship damage another warship so you'd be correct in that

We never see one damage another because there is never a Warship on opposing sides. We haven't seen two fight at all. For something to be designed as a destructive force of war not to be capable of killing basic enemy soldiers it would need to be comically worthless.

Honestly, i think Jinx was right about it in this case, where its easier to destroy something causing an explosion from the inside than from attacking it from the outside

We know its dura is higher seeing as Opal was unable to damage it

Back