• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

WeeklyBattles said:
It doesnt have to inflict High 6-A damage, hell Tornado of Terror never inflicted High 6-C damage with her TK but she's still High 6-C with it, she's High 6-C for stopping a High 6-C attack with her TK
No, those bombs are 7-B tops. She is tier 6 for the amount of kinetic energh she noped and reproduced with absolute ease.

They do when the weapon in question was specifically made to restrain and not to attack, was specifically shown not to do any damage to the target when used, and the closest thing the weapons has to an actual attack is the user throwing the opponent around, which doesn't even use the weapon's power source to its advantage, and isn't a High 6-A attack since both Pearl and Steven survived it.

You dont need to damage the opponent for you to have an AP rating, restraining someone of a certain level is enough

Restraining would be more lifting strength type stuff. You can't really produce much KE if you can't move in the first place.

Also pearl would have to be absurdly heavy for throwing her to be relevant, since iirc she doesn't have flight that could complicate things there. Ik it's not the main feat, but having something that much lower next to it seems weird.

Yeah, conventional restraing is related to lifting strength, one with TK can ragdoll someone millions of times stronger as long its weight is below the lifting strength of the psychic.

Well it'd be weird to have AP millions of times stronger and shit tier lifting strength, unless they did it through like a weapon or magic or something else.

Then again, Warhammer exists.

If you're best lifting feat is lifting a planet but your best destructive feat is sinking an island with a punch, that doesn't mean you're island level with planetary lifting strength. In that case the lifting feat can scale to AP.

Aquamarine's wand isn't an offensive weapon, it doesn't do any damage, it was specifically made to immobilize, and weaker characters like Pearl or Steven can survive being thrown around by her, there's really no reason it should be listed as AP.

That still do not translate to AP, if the wand paralyse then of course they wouldn't be able to move, no mater the AP.

And neither of them took any damage when she used the wand on them, because being restrained by the wand does not do any damage to the target whatsoever, since it is not an offensive weapon.

Doesnt matter if they took damage or not, the weapon has a clearly defined AP

Once again a double standard used against SU

The stat is still misleading, whoever reads the profile will think that anyone that is affected by the wand whose durability is <<High 6-A will be disintegrated when the really is that it just going inmovilize it with no notable damage.

Take into account that removing the High 6-A measure from the profile will not change how her powers works at all, it just better cuz we generally associate paralysis inducement with hax rather than AP.

@Paulo them make a CRT about removing all uses of tractor beams as AP because a lot of characters and vehicles use it as a rating

I'm only talking about Aquamarine right now, if any other page uses an innacurate definition of AP, that's the page's problem, not mine; as I've said, if you have a problem with Star Trek ratings, go complain to Star Trek fans who wrote that.

@Paulo I have no problem with the pages, youre the one who does. You need to make a CRT otherwise youre arguing against the regulations of the wiki itself.

I mean the regulations that permit using tractor beam feats as AP. If you dont like it youre the one who needs to make a CRT about it.

Just show me where these regulations are written, in fact, I have no idea why you didn't do so four hours ago when this discussion first started.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean the regulations that permit using tractor beam feats as AP. If you dont like it youre the one who needs to make a CRT about it.
No, the regulation litirally only says destructive force. Someone breaking the rules does not mean that they are right.

The rules verbatum say that it needs to be destructive, so do you have some better reasoning then others did it?

Its not 'someone breaking the rules' its 'we accept tractor beams as legitimate AP feats'. Hell if an AP feat needed a feat of destroying something to be considered AP we would have banned storm feats entirely a long time ago.

The power needs to be aplicable to destruction.

A storm feat is if it isn't proven that it is equatable to their AP.

Again, a net isn't 9-B in AP.

TL;DRed the thread so I've no idea why tractor beams are being talked about, but wouldn't tractor beams be lifting strength, which I've been informed isn't usually scalable to AP?

Because in this case it is both lifting strength ans AP as the lifting strength it overpowered is Class Z

Back