• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

Then make a crt because a lot more verses than just SU have characters with ap ratings based on tractor beams

Again, others do it too does not mean that it is what the rules say to do.

Is there any actual reason why it should scale, then qoute me the rule that says that it scales to AP.

How is launching Pearl thousands of kilometers into the air a Multi-Continent level feat? How do we even know she was sent thousands of kilometers in the air?

If it's not a good supporting feat for the rating in any way then that line should be removed.

For much kilometers Aquamarine launched Pearl into the air it not going to surpass 1.2 tons of tnt; Pearl damaging herself with the falling (that didn't happen) happened due gravity, not Aquamarine's wand.

Not without a CRT that calls out all the other verses that use tractor beams as AP and downgrades them as well

WeeklyBattles said:
Not without a CRT that calls out all the other verses that use tractor beams as AP and downgrades them as well
What is the logic behind that?

"Others are doing it wrong so I will keep doing so too?"

If you have problems with other verses, make a crt, but don't use that as the only reason to keep something that is wrong.

Its not wrong, its something we accept as a standard on this wiki. Once again yall are advocating a double standard going against what we accept as an AP feat for multiple other verses but not accepting the same here while also refusing to make a CRT about those other verses. If you think its wrong then YOU need to make the CRT, not me. I, and the majority of the wiki, see it as a legitimate AP feat in any verse.

Then explain why? Because there is no rule saying it's right, so you need to back up your logic.

Also, that is a horrible fallacy right there.

But alright, link me every one of this verses that accept this as a reasoning for the tier and I'll make a crt if needed.

There's nothing to explain. We use tractor beams for other verses so if you think that it shouldnt be used then you need to make a CRT, i do not need to make a CRT for something that we already use and by the history of some of the pages have used for years at this point.

Did you read the fallacy linked above? Did you?

You are using apeal to tradition at it's finest.

But again, instead of saying others use it, link me each and every one of them. I have the time to go through them.

Also, I'm pretty sure the strength that someone can unleash while restrained is far less than the strength they can unleash when they're doing an attack.

Aquamarine keeping Alexandrite immobilized shouldn't scale to Alexandrite's full AP.

Why don't you have it only scale to Aquamarine's lifting strength?

If it isn't an attack, it does not factor in attack potency.

Ap is the quantification of how strong one of your attacks is. If you have a power that can restrain enemies but not hurt them, then it does not factor into being able to hurt someone, which is the point of AP.

At most you can put it as her restraining having that level of dura, making anyone below unable to break out of it.

But it isn't AP, her AP describing that is the problem. It's not AP because it cannot hurt someone on that level.

At most you can put the dura of the restrains.

I still feel like it's an outlier, they were sent on a mission just to collect some humans yet her wand is apparently superior to 90% of all gem Warships? I know fiction can be weird (like they use mass to energy but fight things that also use that are bigger then them meaning they should get stomped but don't (but I'll look past that because Steven Universe is the inconsistent show when it comes to sizes and shapes) I still doubt they would give a scout a weapon capable of killing 99% of home worlds troops.

"Capable of easily restraining Alexandrite"

Yes it is her AP description. There is no issue with this. You dont need to hurt someone with an attack to have an AP

By what logic? The ability to restrain people does not automatically scale to AP.

Agian, a net can restrain a 9-B animal. If I throw it on a human, do they get one-shot?

No, it scales to lifting strenght, and the dura of the restraints.

If you can restrain someone to the point they cannot physically move then yes it scales to AP

If the human does not have a knife or other sharp object to cut through the net then yes they are physically incapacitated

I mean in that scenario (earlier comment) she was the equivalent of a scout, also I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people that out rank her that are massively inferior to the wand (hessonite comes to mind).

WeeklyBattles said:
If you can restrain someone to the point they cannot physically move then yes it scales to AP

If the human does not have a knife or other sharp object to cut through the net then yes they are physically incapacitated
Great, you missed the point completly. A 9-B attack would plain kill a normal human. A net would not hurt them in the slightest.

A 9-B net does not have 9-B AP, only 9-B dura making it impossible to break unless your that strong.

Also, still waiting for all the other verses that do this.

Ok this has nothing to do with the revision but I just want to say before I leave, Aquamarine is really starting to remind me of those Nobles who has to clean the king's ass after he took a shit. I can just image one of the diamonds now getting the equivalent of a super soldier to do the easiest job in the universe from their point of view.

Yeah, Ricsi is right.

Nets and handcuffs do not have AP. Aquamarine restraining Alexandrite isn't AP either unless she is shown to cause harm with her wand.

Her profile should mention it as:

Lifting Strength: Unknown physically, At least Multi-Continent level with Wand (Able to restrain Alexandrite completely)

Throwing Pearl is 8-C at best (do we even know she went to orbit (and if she went to orbit she wouldn't have came back down because she would be in orbit)

I don't think it is actually shown that she was the one that defused Alexandrite. Alexandrite is an unstable fusion and the Gems themselves could have defused as soon as they were free.

And throwing Pearl into the sky is not a Multi-Continent level feat. You could probably get it calced though.

@Keeweed Gems bodies auto adjust to gravity and lackthereof, yes she would have com eback down after being thrown into orbit

Adjusting to Gravity doesn't mean you would come back from orbit but after rewatching the scene I guess it was maybe orbit (but the gravity adjustment would have nothing to do with coming back that's just the writer having no clue how orbit works (Also it's still at best 8-C or 8-B so it really doesn't matter anyways))

Take into account that needing higher Lifting Strength than the one being restrained is just for contentional restrain, with a descent TK one just need to have higher Lifting Strength than the weight of the target, and paralysis inducement is independent of weight.

And yes, gravity adaptation de not work if there is no gravity, so Pearl being launched is not going to surpass 2.4 tons; and free fall still works completely fine with them (what makes me think, why their standard gravity is the Earth's?).

Back