• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons & Divers (RP Thread)

azontr

He/Him
Dungeons. You know what those are, right? Of course, you do. Giant pits in the Earth that lead to unknown worlds, created by Magicks incomprehensible to the world. And what are you, then? Someone who dives deep into these Dungeons, filled with Sorcery, Monsters, and World-Shattering Revelations: a Dungeon Walker, called a Hero by some. What am I? A humble narrator, from the world beyond.

There are many Dungeons on Earth, all having appeared apparently at random... who knows how long ago. But the most infamous and largest pit in the world is the Starlight Dungeon, one that opens up only under the night sky, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Around the Dungeon was built a giant city: Castle City. What a name, right? A giant towering city, with a giant pit in its center, attracting Dungeon Walkers from across the world. Around 80% of Castle City's population is comprised of Dungeon Walkers... at maximum, given a lot of them die.

In the City, there are many places for Dungeon Walkers who've met online to party up. You may think: "Isn't this sort of like online dating?" You'd be correct! There are many sites one can visit on their phone or laptop to meet Dungeon Walkers looking for a party! Human interaction is a thing of the past, as many will say... Everyone knows that the new way to meet lifelong party members is through online chat rooms!

Red Devil: "At meet up place. Waiting for u guys."

In a certain twinkling cafe, a woman clad in crimson skin leans back in one of the chairs, sipping away at a latte.
246d6de7b9b6509125b778764afc4aed.jpg

Red Devil: "Am Oni with the white hair. Sitting at table by window. Can't miss. If u do, u succ."

The woman finished typing her message to the other 8 people in her chatroom and waits, sliding her iPhone 776 into her pocket. She lets out a sigh, "Can't believe I'm doing this kinda garbage... The articles said this website was real, and they don't talk like bots..."

Yes, if there was one thing that plagued all Walkers looking to find party members through the world-wide-web, it was the plethora of bots that were slowly getting better at emulating normal person speech. That, and the lot of weirdos who would send their nudes and garbage of that nature in chat. It seems that the fact that this was not a site actually meant for online dating was lost on them.

"Waiting for someone, ma'am?" A waitress steps up to the red woman's table... she's covered in thick, slimy scales and has the eyes of a predator. A Gorgon, of course.

"Uh, yeah." The woman leans forward, resting her elbows on the table. "A couple of people."

"Assuming they come from DunChat?"

"Yeah, actually. How'd you know?"

"Lots of people come here waiting for party members they talked to on that site, you know!" The Gorgon waitress takes the now empty cup of latte, and places it on a black tray. Among other things, like cookies, muffins, macarons... the red woman had an appetite, clearly, one her bill would reflect appropriately.

"They have any success?"

"Eh. Rarely."

"Hah! Figures... What am I even doing..." The red-haired woman groans in apparent frustration. Her groan is harsh and guttural, one that's enough to make one scrunch away in fear and disgust.

"Not having much luck with party members lately, I see?" The Gorgon finishes collecting the client's leftovers and slips her the bill while she's moping. "You seem quite skilled, though."

"**** yeah, I'm skilled." The woman snorts, "But nowadays, partying's hella expensive. For me, specifically. Hiring professional Walkers would cost me my life's savings... Like, times 10. Not looking to drain my bank account to party up with losers who probably get carried by equipment, anyways."

"Well, I hope you find luck, ma'am. I'll be waiting for your bill."

"Bill???" The woman shakes her head and looks down at the slip of paper that was slid next to her when she wasn't looking. "Oh, that. Does this place have tabs-?"

"No."

"Wonderful. Put it on this card." The woman gives a crooked, begrudged smile and hands the waitress a debit card. The Gorgon has to forcefully pull the card away from the patron, who clearly felt absolutely heart shattered as she parted with her money. Oh, money. It was a wonderful thing. The demoness loved it so much, that every time she purchased something, she felt a piece of her Soul get personally carved away by the God of Death (metaphorically).

The woman feels a piece of herself melt away, and then checks her phone to see if any of her party members have arrived or given any updates via Chat. Call it a distraction, to ease her bleeding heart. Now, who are her (totally not bots) new m8's?

She can see a post

Nah, i'd Summon Divine Axolotl: "I'm nearby, at the entrance right now"

There is one dude going in the place He had several tattoos and black and white clothes.

"Well, I hope you find luck, ma'am. I'll be waiting for your bill."

"Bill???" The woman shakes her head and looks down at the slip of paper that was slid next to her when she wasn't looking. "Oh, that. Does this place have tabs-?"

"No."

"Wonderful. Put it on this card." The woman gives a crooked, begrudged smile and hands the waitress a debit card. The Gorgon has to forcefully pull the card away from the patron, who clearly felt absolutely heart shattered as she parted with her money. Oh, money. It was a wonderful thing. The demoness loved it so much, that every time she purchased something, she felt a piece of her Soul get personally carved away by the God of Death (metaphorically).

The woman feels a piece of herself melt away, and then checks her phone to see if any of her party members have arrived or given any updates via Chat. Call it a distraction, to ease her bleeding heart. Now, who are her (totally not bots) new m8's?
Whish Wash,

Such old bidets are so bosh!

Apart from the nice smell of the flowers inside the cafe and the bustling amount of Dungeon, the exact numbers coming back just from a mission were little to none. Oh what a sight that is to see! Especially that one where a dog was brought as a sign of good luck, only for the most pathetic death to ever be seen in history. No wonder why bringing live animals who serve little purpose was a rule or two before the furry guild decided 'enough was enough.'

But enough with the yapping...

From the frame of the mirror, her bony-white skin was reflected. Black dress with a nice cut for showing the goods, both as a breathing room and a sense of fashion. Cuz if one is going to a dungeon, is it that bad to not look good while you're at it?

Stepping downstairs and glancing left to see the girl in red, the lady's white hair flowed along with the dancing spines atop her head, her crimson eyes left a slightly wide glee, following her fingers tracing the railing downward, tip-toeing even in her high stockings- bearing a small pouch where a small box with eyes lies.

"Fufu," just in time to see her give the card, it seems.

"I told you didn't I?" approaching just behind the seat, said fingers already caressing her shoulder, "I'd be the one to pay~ Not like you could ever let go of that precious gold, DemI~" and bending just enough for a whiff of her hair.

"Fufu," just in time to see her give the card, it seems.

"I told you didn't I?" approaching just behind the seat, said fingers already caressing her shoulder, "I'd be the one to pay~ Not like you could ever let go of that precious gold, DemI~" and bending just enough for a whiff of her hair.
"Oi... I thought we said not in public?" The red-skinned woman, apparently called "Demi", turns back to the pale woman now massaging her shoulder, not stopping her from doing what she was doing. She chuckled and sighed, "I can pay for stuff sometimes."
She can see a post

Nah, i'd Summon Divine Axolotl: "I'm nearby, at the entrance right now"

There is one dude going in the place He had several tattoos and black and white clothes.
She types, Red Devil: "Over here. I'm waving at u. There's also a tall white lady hovering over me."

"Oi... I thought we said not in public?" The red-skinned woman, apparently called "Demi", turns back to the pale woman now massaging her shoulder, not stopping her from doing what she was doing. She chuckled and sighed, "I can pay for stuff sometimes."
"Fufufu! I do like that reaction you make~" the lady replied, stopping only as she sat on her chair, drinking the other latte that wasn't as sipped as the other, "Sometimes? You mean that one time when you pleaded with that jeweler about how expensive the necklace was? I still find that adorable~ Not until I had to pay for it..." taking a short sip.

"Fufufu! I do like that reaction you make~" the lady replied, stopping only as she sat on her chair, drinking the other latte that wasn't as sipped as the other, "Sometimes? You mean that one time when you pleaded with that jeweler about how expensive the necklace was? I still find that adorable~ Not until I had to pay for it..." taking a short sip.
"Oi! For one, I did not plead! I had a reasonable discussion about the price of the item with the vendor." She clarifies, "Which was complete bullshit, by the way. That guy was definitely a scammer. Where I'm from, you don't have to pay that much for a bunch a shiny rocks!"

"Oi! For one, I did not plead! I had a reasonable discussion about the price of the item with the vendor." She clarifies, "Which was complete bullshit, by the way. That guy was definitely a scammer. Where I'm from, you don't have to pay that much for a bunch a shiny rocks!"
"Fufufu! Hahaha!" the lady laughed as if remembering the last time she ever met said guy- prolly in the grave. "But hey~ You not only got those rocks but also your own house, withhhh an oven to bake! All. Thanks. To. Me~" blinking twice, and fixing some strands that blocks her view of Demi.

Last edited:
Dr. Funkenstein: "Well, I owe the people back home some coin, was sure this would fall through."

A tall figure pushed his way through the door of the tavern. His limbs were long and thin, rather skinny compared to the average dungeon walker, at least the ones that weren't malnourished from the arduous weeks without proper meals. His striking blue eyes bore contrast to his brown skin, highlighting features that would be considered attractive, in the conventional scene.

An electronic cigarette rested between his lips, puffs of steam slowly rising past his fluffy, unkempt hair and into the sky above. It smelled faintly of rosemary, partially masking a smell that could best be described as a 'damp cave', that seemed to radiate from his body. Aside from his cigarette however, he carried precious little with him, save for a long, thick rope, curled in on itself and attached squarely to his hip.

Demi or her companion would likely notice him as he approached, moving to sit at the next table over.

"Waiter! Can I get...five large hot chocolates, heavy cream." He called out.

"Er, all for me, by the by." He added.

The black-haired man noticed them, and approached group, he noticed how someone else arrived and was asking for things.

"Hello, how are you? Well, apart from my strange nickname, my name is Danniel or simply Dan"

"Fufufu! Hahaha!" the lady laughed as if remembering the last time she ever met said guy- prolly in the grave. "But hey~ You not only got those rocks but also your own house, withhhh an oven to bake! All. Thanks. To. Me~" blinking twice, and fixing some strands that blocks her view of Demi.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever would I do without your bountiful fortune, your majesty? I would be O' so lost without your assistance..." The sharp-toothed woman playfully rolls her eyes; the Gorgon waiter walks back up to the table to hand Demi back her card, which she swiftly slips back into her wallet.
Dr. Funkenstein: "Well, I owe the people back home some coin, was sure this would fall through."

A tall figure pushed his way through the door of the tavern. His limbs were long and thin, rather skinny compared to the average dungeon walker, at least the ones that weren't malnourished from the arduous weeks without proper meals. His striking blue eyes bore contrast to his brown skin, highlighting features that would be considered attractive, in the conventional scene.

An electronic cigarette rested between his lips, puffs of steam slowly rising past his fluffy, unkempt hair and into the sky above. It smelled faintly of rosemary, partially masking a smell that could best be described as a 'damp cave', that seemed to radiate from his body. Aside from his cigarette however, he carried precious little with him, save for a long, thick rope, curled in on itself and attached squarely to his hip.

Demi or her companion would likely notice him as he approached, moving to sit at the next table over.

"Waiter! Can I get...five large hot chocolates, heavy cream." He called out.

"Er, all for me, by the by." He added.
"Oi! Dude." Demi calls out to the man after one of the servers, a rather short half-foot woman with braided hair, takes his order, "Are you... Dr. Funkenstein?"

Red Devil: "Am Oni with the white hair. Sitting at table by window. Can't miss. If u do, u succ."
BeautyOfNature: "Will be in shortly."

A rather tall elf with very fair skin crouches down slightly through the doorway of the cafe, as he put away his extremely old and worn down phone. Cracking his neck and arms, he scanned the room before stumbling upon this "Red Devil" he had been chatting with. A slight look of unease came across his face for a moment, before returning back to his normal, handsome appearance.

"And here I was, thinking that it was just some edgy username," Dakath muttered under his breathe, sighing, before beginning to walk over to her table. He had already traveled hundreds of miles and sunk thousands of dollars into this "adventure"; he wasn't going to abandon the possibility of closure just because the girl had red skin.

He said nothing as he lumbered over to the Oni, quiver and bow situated snuggly on his back. Looking down on her, He forced himself to put on a smile, and greeted his new team member.
"So, I believe you are the one who is arranging this get together, correct?" he said suavely to the demonic woman, trying to be as amicable as possible, despite his...reservations.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever would I do without your bountiful fortune, your majesty? I would be O' so lost without your assistance..." The sharp-toothed woman playfully rolls her eyes; the Gorgon waiter walks back up to the table to hand Demi back her card, which she swiftly slips back into her wallet.
"I guess our little thing will be cut short~" taking another sip, glancing at...
He said nothing as he lumbered over to the Oni, quiver and bow situated snuggly on his back. He forced himself to put on a smile, and greeted his new team member. "So, I believe you are the one who is arranging this get together, correct?" he said suavely to the demonic woman, trying to be as amicable as possible, despite his...reservations.
"Both me and her, actually! But I have no access to my phone cuz someone filled it with pictures last night~" the lady in white replied, winking.

"Ignore that! She's out of line!" The red-skinned woman immediately confirms, "Yeah, though. The name's Demi. Didn't expect anyone to show..."

"Oi! Dude." Demi calls out to the man after one of the servers, a rather short half-foot woman with braided hair, takes his order, "Are you... Dr. Funkenstein?"
"Depends, I don't owe you money, do I?" The man said. He flashed her a smile, removing the cigarette from his mouth.

"Red Devil, I presume."

The black-haired man noticed them, and approached group, he noticed how someone else arrived and was asking for things.

"Hello, how are you? Well, apart from my strange nickname, my name is Danniel or simply Dan"
The man glanced over at Dan, flashing him an easy smile.

"Basil. It's a pleasure." He said.

"Depends, I don't owe you money, do I?" The man said, he flashed her a smile, removing his cigarette from his mouth.

"Red Devil, I presume."
"Not yet, you don't." She says with a chuckle, "That's me, yeah. Either I'm lucky or dreaming, but seeing another real person is a nice surprise. I guess I scared off all the AI..."

"Ignore that! She's out of line!" The red-skinned woman immediately confirms, "Yeah, though. The name's Demi. Didn't expect anyone to show..."
"Oh! Please do!" she just loves making fun, "And, by the way, My name is Blythe. Lady Blythe Mirthbeth~ Former Queen of Scotland..."

"Not yet, you don't." She says with a chuckle, "That's me, yeah. Either I'm lucky or dreaming, but seeing another real person is a nice surprise. I guess I scared off all the AI..."
"Heh, I'd call it a miracle, but going into a death trap like this isn't exactly a blessing..." Basil said. He chuckled again, lowering his cigarette to his mouth to take another puff.

"Luckily, the plan isn't to go that far in." Demi says, "Just doing some exploring on the 1st Floor. Which, I mean, that's still pretty dangerous. That shouldn't make you feel that much better. But it should make you feel a little better."

"Both me and her, actually! But I have no access to my phone cuz someone filled it with pictures last night~" the lady in white replied, winking.
"O-Oh, well....alright then, it's nice to meet you both." he replied sheepishly, put off a bit at the woman's openness with her and the Oni's activities.
The elf chucked slightly to himself, amused at the duos interesting chemistry. "I figured that. In any case, my name is Dakath, and I've traveled quite a ways to meet you here on this little expedition!" he told to Demi, smiling largely as he became more relaxed around her, revealing a set of perfect pearly whites. He extended his arm outward, in hopes of shaking her hand.

"O-Oh, well....alright then, it's nice to meet you both." he replied sheepishly, put off a bit at the woman's openness with her and the Oni's activities.
"Spare me! Nice ears though, Elf boy." and glancing at the other two, "More than enough to play a friendly game..."
"Luckily, the plan isn't to go that far in." Demi says, "Just doing some exploring on the 1st Floor. Which, I mean, that's still pretty dangerous. That shouldn't make you feel that much better. But it should make you feel a little better."
"But, Demi~! Isn't danger something fun?" she asked, almost provocatively, "Maybe we should send them in the next floor when we finish the first!"

The elf chucked slightly to himself, amused at the duos interesting chemistry. "I figured that. In any case, my name is Dakath, and I've traveled quite a ways to meet you here on this little expedition!" he told to Demi, smiling largely as he became more relaxed around her, revealing a set of perfect pearly whites. He extended his arm outward, in hopes of shaking her hand.
"Little expedition might be putting it lightly..." Demi chuckles and smiles, though a bit forced, reaching out to shake Dakath's hand. Her crimson skin is notably rough, the elf able to feel miniature gashes and scars across her rugged palm. Hidden beneath her lips are rows of sharp, beast-like teeth, all resembling a fine row of canines. "Mind if I call ya Dak?"
"But, DemI! Isn't danger something fun?" she asked, almost provocatively, "Maybe we should send them in the next floor when we finish the first!"
"Not tryin' to get everyone killed here, By." She sighs, "Besides, this is our first time running this Dungeon to, ya know? Nobody's ever made it back alive from Starlight. The confidence is hot, but let's not go in guns blazing until we know we can come back intact."

"Not in the slightest. Buuuut, I do appreciate the effort, miss." Basil said, chuckling.

"I agree with you, it is likely that one will lose an arm or a limb if we do not die"
"Well, I'd like to keep my limbs to myself, thank you. Let's all do our best to keep the maiming to a minimum, yeah?" Basil said.

"Not tryin' to get everyone killed here, By." She sighs, "Besides, this is our first time running this Dungeon to, ya know? Nobody's ever made it back alive from Starlight. The confidence is hot, but let's not go in guns blazing until we know we can come back intact."
"Alright, alright....." her face droops sideways, slight pout. Not fun.
"Well, I'd like to keep my limbs to myself, thank you. Let's all do our best to keep the maiming to a minimum, yeah?" Basil said.
"For a slick talker, you sure want to maim the monsters inside the dungeon, no? Kufufu!"

"Alright, alright....." her face droops sideways, slight pout. Not fun.
Demi smirks, reaching over and pinching Blythe by the cheek with two marred fingers. "Oh, don't be a baby. There'll be plenty of life threatening danger on the 1st Floor."

Demi smirks, reaching over and pinching Blythe by the cheek with two marred fingers. "Oh, don't be a baby. There'll be plenty of life threatening danger on the 1st Floor."
"But I am a Ba~by!" winking as a slight blush forms from the pinch. "Kukufu~"

A man stood on the outside of the building, looking up and down at his phone constantly, appearing confused...he wanted to be sure he had the location right.

He walked in with unkempt brown hair with a few white streaks. He had a white button-up and black pants. He kept walking further into the restaurant.

"Who..." He spoke in a soft, but unsettling tone. "...is Red Devi-" He spotted the red demon while he spoke, as she appeared to be grabbing another individual by the face. "You're the one who sent the message? How did you find me...and why do you request my help?"

"Who..." He spoke in a soft, but unsettling tone. "...is Red Devi-" He spotted the red demon while he spoke, as she appeared to be grabbing another individual by the face. "You're the one who sent the message? How did you find me...and why do you request my help?"
Demi was about to respond to her other's teasing, before letting go of her pale cheek and turning to the... weirdo.

"I... what?" She raises an eyebrow, "You joined the chat room, dude. We planned this Dive weeks ago. Ya got a bad memory, or are ya slow?"

"Ooooh research? well you can research me- sadly, Demi already has fufu~" she chuckled, "Haha! You're a fun guy! I like you..." taking another sip.
"Oh my GOD, you're insufferable, ya know that?" Demi groans and covers her face, "Please, ignore her..."

"Ooooh research? well you can research me- sadly, Demi already has fufu~" she chuckled, "Haha! You're a fun guy! I like you..." taking another sip.
"Flattering...if not a bit vulgar. I'm sure miss...Demi, is lucky to have you." He said, chuckling softly.

He grabbed one of the hot chocolates he'd ordered prior, watching with visible amusement as the couple bickered.

"By the way, Demi, do you have a map or something like that at least in the initial part, you know, so we don't get lost in the first level?"

"Flattering...if not a bit vulgar. I'm sure miss...Demi, is lucky to have you." He said, chuckling softly.

He grabbed one of the hot chocolates he'd ordered prior, watching with visible amusement as the couple bickered.
The lady almost immediately toned down her laughter to respond.

"Before I get punished, make sure to keep in touch with how we're going to deal with those monsters~" chuckling, a little loud to even be counted for one, but she tried closing her lips for that. "Those research of yours could be something fun."

Demi was about to respond to her other's teasing, before letting go of her pale cheek and turning to the... weirdo.

"I... what?" She raises an eyebrow, "You joined the chat room, dude. We planned this Dive weeks ago. Ya got a bad memory, or are ya slow?"
Erlik grunted...must've been something he did when he wasn't himself. Or perhaps he wasn't himself right now...

"It's more complicated than you realize." He said in a calmer tone. "My larger concern is the capability of this party." He said looking around at the others. "A task like this requires far more than courage."

"By the way, Demi, do you have a map or something like that at least in the initial part, you know, so we don't get lost in the first level?"
"Ehhh... Nah. Nobody's ever made it back alive to map anything." She shrugs, "Same reason I'd rather us not wander around. I've never gotten lost in a Dungeon and don't plan to, but of course I'd rather not take chances. Yet."
Erlik grunted...must've been something he did when he wasn't himself. Or perhaps he wasn't himself right now...

"It's more complicated than you realize." He said in a calmer tone. "My larger concern is the capability of this party." He said looking around at the others. "A task like this requires far more than courage."
Demi grunts, "You got a problem or something? Everyone else has been perfectly chill except for you, dude."

"Spare me! Nice ears though, Elf boy." and glancing at the other two, "More than enough to play a friendly game..."
"Hah! I'm afraid I will have to decline, ma'am; though, if it makes you feel any better, yours is an intriguing offer..." Dakath swooned, smirking to himself while staring lustfully at the white woman.
"Little expedition might be putting it lightly..." Demi chuckles and smiles, though a bit forced, reaching out to shake Dakath's hand. Her crimson skin is notably rough, the elf able to feel miniature gashes and scars across her rugged palm. Hidden beneath her lips are rows of sharp, beast-like teeth, all resembling a fine row of canines. "Mind if I call ya Dak?"
"Oh sure, go ahead, I don't mind!" he responded jovially, seeming to not care in the slightest as to what he was referred to. "Though, I have to ask, how large is this dungeon we are exploring, exactly? I've personally got all the time in the world, but I know that other species are a bit more....limited, shall we say."

"Hello there! I believe you are one of our comrades, yes? It's nice to meet you!"

Back