• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Drum Island Arc feats that nobody ever brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
I just recently find such feats and i'm surprise no one had calculate or even mention, or at least it seen like (i have try to find if there was already a blog that talk about them, with no result), especially since they are impressive.

https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/06/23/speed-of-gum-gum-bazooka/

https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/06/24/ace-stops-drum-island-from-snowing/

Opinions regardless such calculations? Are those valid? If not, then what would the correct values of such feats?

And as a note, this calculations are not mine but they where done by Man from Shadow, so any credits should go to him only.

You should preferably place calculations in blog posts and ask the calc group to evaluate them.

Antvasima said:
You should preferably place calculations in blog posts and ask the calc group to evaluate them.
In the Calculation Evaluatio text it says "To evaluate important off-site calculations, kindly create a separate thread in the calc group discussio forum section, and then post a link to it here. "

If the intended practice is to post them into a blog post, this text should probably be changed?

Js250476 said:
https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/06/25/van-augur-loves-rip-van-winkle/And speaking of Man from Shadow he also did his take on Van Augur shooting down 3 seagulls I was wondering if this calc was accurate and if not how impressive is the feat in actuality
The distance is technically accurate but Man from Shadow had used a different planet diameter that the site currently use, which is about more than 1,7 time higher than the recent recalc made by Ci.

Also, the distance to horizon seen to be incorrect as well, since is not 240.33 km but 66.11 km, which means the value would be lower.

Js250476, a quick redone of the feat would still put Van Augur pretty high in term of speed (Attack Speed at least).

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Resources/Calculators/PlanetaryParameter.html

By using Man from Shadow's Planet Diameter.

2731747.61904 km = 66.11 km distance to horizon.

66.11/0.00217948617 = 30332.84 km/s = 88433.936 Mach = 10.038% SoL = Relativistic.

By using CinCameron20's Planet Diameter.

1595424.77295 km = 50.52 km distance to horizon

50.52/0.00217948617 = 23179.775 km/s = 67579.520 Mach = 7.670% SoL = Sub-Relativistic+.

Nice ƒæì

Both would be consistent ( the later for god tiers reactions and the former if Cin's recalc or Doffy's feat is accepted)

Not sure if this scales anyone currently he did fire them at Ace but he less reacted to them and more just let his logia powers make them pass though him I guess

Have you asked the calc group to give input here yet?

I have linked the thread to Calculation Evaluations but i haven't asked directly to the calc group's members yet. I didn't think was necessary for the moment.

Okay. Asking in the official thread is the best first step, yes.

• Wet dream a dead guy is the one to solidly put top of verse at country*

That crap is like kamina still influencing TTGL after death.

Js250476, apparently i made a mistake, the 240.33 km is actually correct as i didn't take intro account the fact that Usopp was in the Going Merry's observation tower, which means the view horizont would had be higher than just 66.11 km as that would be only if Usopp was sea level, let me redo the calc.

By using Man from Shadow's planet diameter.

2731747.61904 km (diameter) and 21.1434146341 m (height of observer) = 240.33 km distance to horizon.

240.33/0.00217948617 = 110269.11 km/s = 321484.286 Mach = 36.49% SoL = Relativistic.

By using CinCameron20's planet diameter.

1595424.77295 km (diameter) and 21.1434146341 m (height of observer) = 183.66 km distance to horizon.

183.66/0.00217948617 = 84267.568 km/s = 245678.042 Mach = 27.886% SoL = Relativistic.

And why not, just out of curiosity i will also use the currect accepted planet diameter for the OP world.

333910.4321 km (diameter) and 21.1434146341 m (height of observer) = 84.02 km distance to horizon.

84.02/0.00217948617 = 38550.371 km/s = 113283.487 Mach = 4.376% SoL = Sub-Relativistic.

I did the first one a while ago and it was also kinda accepted, I just didnt cared enough to make a blog for it to further boost the edits. Granted it was an incorrect method and anglesizing is more accurate in this case, the calculation was done again

The second one is done by NF and is generally accepted there, tho that version has the feat at 27 Megatons.

The calc you linked has it in Gigatons because the OP is assuming Ace stopped snowing in 800+ kilometers worth of distance, which is honestly an outrageous assumption

Adam of darkness said:
I did the first one a while ago and it was also kinda accepted, I just didnt cared enough to make a blog for it to further boost the edits. Granted it was an incorrect method and anglesizing is more accurate in this case, the calculation was done again
Good, although i think the mid end timeframe of 1 second (as Man from Shadow has propose) would make more sense to use it in this circumstances, since Luffy exclaiming "Bazooka!!!" and striking Wapol with his arms happened in a single panel, still if only the 5 seconds will be taken them i'm fine.

Adam of darkness said:
The calc you linked has it in Gigatons because the OP is assuming Ace stopped snowing in 800+ kilometers worth of distance, which is honestly an outrageous assumption
Why it would be so outrageous? All the panels relative to the flashbackdo show that the sky was nearly void of any cloudeven put to the horizon, it isn't too much unresenable to assume that he has heated up the air for few degrees as far as the eye can see, at most you could take it as a high end.

"Good, although i think the mid end timeframe of 1 second (as Man from Shadow has propose) would make more sense to use it in this circumstances, since Luffy exclaiming "Bazooka!!!" and striking Wapol with his arms happened in a single panel, still if only the 5 seconds will be taken them i'm fine."

Its not really faulty per-se, but we usually do not take a second timeframe for an assumption. Iirc it starts from 5 or 10 seconds at best, but I dont really disagree with a second timeframe either. Would be more consistent with Zoro's feat either way.

"Why it would be so outrageous? All the panels relative to the flashbackdo show that the sky was nearly void of any cloudeven put to the horizon, it isn't too much unresenable to assume that he has heated up the air for few degrees as far as the eye can see, at most you could take it as a high end."

Yeah, no. Its outrageous because only drum island was noted to not have any snow that day, not every island under 800+ kilometers radius.

"We dont see any clouds at horizon!" but we do, in the same panels you posted. Now whether they are snow clouds or regular clouds, there is no way to find out. Not to forget we dont see horizon because view is blocked by buildings in the end.

Adam of darkness said:
"We dont see any clouds at horizon!" but we do, in the same panels you posted. Now whether they are snow clouds or regular clouds, there is no way to find out. Not to forget we dont see horizon because view is blocked by buildings in the end.
You had a good point here, i take it back.

Honestly, i3f we're gonna use the current scaling of the planet (From the c.908 update), then I'll be fine discussing the changes.

1) I would like to know how Ace is emitting Country level energy by changing the weather in that area. Now, in regards to Drum Island's horizon-line from the highest point (using my current scaling of the planet):

D=sqrt(2*1595424772.95*287+287^2)

That'd be 8.26×10^14 cubic meters after some maths. (1.01185e+15kg)

TBH, i'd use the change from -5 degree to 7 degrees since your breath still fogs at that temperature, and... well, the snow stopped despite that climate having snowfall occur basically 24/7.

2) Van's bullets would have to travel at an incredible speed no matter case, as it would be blatantly impossible that they'd maintain their altitude had they been traveling at normal rifle bullet speeds. It seems necessary to make a blog post about the calculation.

3) (Luffy's range needs to be drastically changed under his profile. "Can stretch for a few kilometers", more like tens of kilometers on a whim...) Drum Island feat: Why use 5 seconds? There is no way to establish a time-frame. You simply can't pin-point when in the last 2 panels where Luffy sends the attack out. We're not using guess-work as a means to acquire statistics (Cough, Bleach)... DENIED.

Can somebody please remind me with a TLDR of this discussion? I am exhausted and don't remember it very well.

CinCameron20 said:
Drum Island feat: Why use 5 seconds? There is no way to establish a time-frame. You simply can't pin-point when in the last 2 panels where Luffy sends the attack out. We're not using guess-work as a means to acquire statistics (Cough, Bleach)
How it would be impossible?

We can at least assume it had happen over a period of several seconds without doubt, given the the entire Gum Gum Bazooka's attack happen in about 7 panels (in 2 pages), anything longer wouldn't make sense and it would be inconsistent with what was show in the manga.

"We're not using guess-work as a means to acquire statistics"

Then explain me why other "guess-work" have been accepted in the past?

Like with Sailor Saturn and Sailor Venus's travel speed feats, and they are guess-work since the time-frame of each feats is based on the characters's dialogues, by counting the numbers of syllables in the dialogues, and nothing else.

The same is with Piccolo's Moon busting feat, even there the time-frame is based on the falling rock in the scene, which again is technically guess-work since it assume that both the Ki Blast travelling to the Moon had exactly the same time-frame of the rock falling to the ground.

CinCameron20 said:
1) I would like to know how Ace is emitting Country level energy by changing the weather in that area.
It seen like it was an error, Man of the Shadow had confused Teratons with Gigatons.

Antvasima said:
Can somebody please remind me with a TLDR of this discussion? I am exhausted and don't remember it very well.
It was about initially two feats, but now is just about only one.

Specifically Luffy's Gum Gum Bazooka feat (as Ace Drum Island's feat is now debunked), that was mostly overlooked by most people, that could potentially upgrade Alabasta Saga and Skypiea Saga Tiers to Hypersonic+ and potentially High Hypersonic (if we use the Mid End), while currently they're only Hypersonic from a feat performed by a fodder.

@Stefano

>"How it would be impossible? We can at least assume it had happen over a period of several seconds without doubt..."

That's literally guesswork, aka an inaccurate way to make an assessment. Sadly, that's what has been relied on for most calculations as of late.

>"Then explain me why other "guess-work" have been accepted in the past?"

You act like I'm part of it. It's because of wank and "popular opinion" that is stressed heavily. If I could decide, i'd destroy every single assumed calculation that comes from assumed time-frames and inflated speeds based on simply what "makes sense" to the audience (Cough, Fairy Tail Meteorite being rel speeds, being just one small example).

Those two cases you brought up should be brought into question, honestly. But that's another topic that's unrelated to this, so i'm going to stop right there.

CinCameron20 said:
You act like I'm part of it. It's because of wank and "popular opinion" that is stressed heavily. If I could decide, i'd destroy every single assumed calculation that comes from assumed time-frames and inflated speeds based on simply what "makes sense" to the audience (Cough, Fairy Tail Meteorite being rel speeds, being just one small example).

Those two cases you brought up should be brought into question, honestly. But that's another topic that's unrelated to this, so i'm going to stop right there.
As long as it is accepted and a reasonable assumption, it is accepted here. No one is asking what is your preference here.

But Zoro has a superior feat to this, so its kind of unnecessary either way.

@CinCameron20

So what are your conclusions here?

@Ant -

1) Drum Island Bazooka feat can't be discussed simply because there is no reliable way to find a time-frame with what is provided.

• Though it can be mentioned in Luffy's profile that he can stretch such a distance (over 12~13 km) in seconds (at most), as that would further support the speed feat that will affect people during that arc. A calculation is a no-go.
2) Ace's feat is only Island level, even with my own update on the statistics, roughly ~60 Gigatons using a 12 degree change. It will not affect the statistics in any way, so that's also a flop.

3) Van's feat can be used to support the current Relativistic statistics, but i want someone to make a blog post on this, as i'm not too familiar on how to scale that. I prefer low-ends on it, though i still see it being Sub-Rel+ to Rel regardless.

Since the Zoro calc has been accepted by two calc members, may i change the statistics of Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and all affected Alabasta and Skypeia arc keys?

Yes, I think that you can update the pages accordingly.

Please write the full titles of the profiles that I need to unlock here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back