• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping DBZ Movie scaling for Toei Goku.

Ok then how are we going to handle movie goku's profile will he only receive stuff from movies or some of the feats from the show will also be applicable

Ok then how are we going to handle movie goku's profile will he only receive stuff from movies or some of the feats from the show will also be applicable
I think that only feats from the movies should preferably be used, but am not certain.

I think that only feats from the movies should preferably be used, but am not certain.
Ok well then we are still gonna have to include every feat pre buu saga from the anime I think because frieza is in fusion reborn movie and cell is referred to in bojack unbound

What do the rest of you think? Should movie Goku scale from both the movies and the Toei anime, or just from the movies?

Also, are any of you willing to find good feats to scale anime Goku and movie Goku from?

SAVE_20210411_020949.jpg
RIP meme legend

Well, it would be preferable if he helps us out with input here.

Also, are any of you willing to find good feats to scale anime Goku and movie Goku from?
Anyway, we need to start to get more constructive and efficient here. Help would be very appreciated.

Anime only Goku makes sense. But isn't the argument that the movies don't fit with the anime and they are their separate alternate stories? If that's the case, I am not entirely sure if all the movies are canon to each other.

If someone can propose a page for DBZ anime Goku, I can look it over and check if it's all good.

Anime only Goku makes sense. But isn't the argument that the movies don't fit with the anime and they are their separate alternate stories? If that's the case, I am not entirely sure if all the movies are canon to each other.

If someone can propose a page for DBZ anime Goku, I can look it over and check if it's all good.
A lot of characters from previous movies made appearance in fusion reborn from what I remember there were characters from bojack movie(Zangya), turles(idk that guy's name),broly movie(paragus),cooler(I don't remember if cooler was in it or not but that one blue guy from coolers squad was definitely in it) and their were also characters from slug and world's strongest movie too also frieza was in it and cell was referenced in bojack unbound

Okay.

Well, I don't particularly remember all the feats, so somebody needs to go through the current Toei Goku profile and split it accordingly, and add feats of both versions separately. I can check them later to see if everything is okay if somebody is able to make those profile proposals in a sandbox.

We would greatly appreciate your help here. We wish to separate the Toei Son Goku profile page into one based on the anime and another based on the DBZ movies, but cannot do so on our own.
I'm not too sure what effect this would exactly have on everything, but I guess it's fair due to the continuity errors that come about when comparing the anime and movies. Whilst there are some films that can fit well into the anime's timeline, most seem to be doing their own timeline/continuity, such as how Lord Slug begins exactly where Tree of Might ended, so I can appreciate the incentive of this thread. With that said, not too sure how big an effect this would have, so I'm neutral but leaning towards the split... How many Goku profiles do we even have at this point?

We do not have that many different Goku profile pages. Just look at Godzilla and Superman for comparison.

Well, I would much prefer to split up the information in the Toei Dragon Ball pages to the anime and the movies for separate scaling. but we need considerable help to achieve this.

@AKM sama @Elizhaa @SSJRyu1 @AkuAkuAkuma @The_real_cal_howard @Theglassman12 @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian @Niarobi_(Formerly_Hadou) @Zenkaibattery1 @LuckyEmile @Antoniofer @EMagoIorSouI @EmperorRorepme @DarkDragonMedeus @Crabwhale @KingEzran @GojiBoyForever @ArgosaxDespair @Caleb3429 @AppleLord

Would you be willing to help us out?

They still seem to visit this community going by their publicly available information.

Well, I would much prefer to split up the information in the Toei Dragon Ball pages to the anime and the movies for separate scaling. but we need considerable help to achieve this.
So, is the idea to go through every Toei/anime-related profile on the wiki and look through it to find any mentions of the movies, so it can be removed to account for the split? And is this just a one-way street, or should we be looking out for references to the main continuity in the film-exclusive profiles (like Turles, Coola, Broly, Janemba, etc )? [Though not too sure if a conclusion was reached here to allow some films to stay, such as how Coola and Bojack are generally seen as characters from films that can actually fit in the central timeline]. Would you suggest a document be complied to point these out, or just go through each profile and sort them out one-by-one?

So, is the idea to go through every Toei/anime-related profile on the wiki and look through it to find any mentions of the movies, so it can be removed to account for the split? And is this just a one-way street, or should we be looking out for references to the main continuity in the film-exclusive profiles (like Turles, Coola, Broly, Janemba, etc )? [Though not too sure if a conclusion was reached here to allow some films to stay, such as how Coola and Bojack are generally seen as characters from films that can actually fit in the central timeline]. Would you suggest a document be complied to point these out, or just go through each profile and sort them out one-by-one?
A lot of characters from previous movies made appearance in fusion reborn from what I remember there were characters from bojack movie(Zangya), turles(idk that guy's name),broly movie(paragus),cooler(I don't remember if cooler was in it or not but that one blue guy from coolers squad was definitely in it) and their were also characters from slug and world's strongest movie too also frieza was in it and cell was referenced in bojack unbound
Which means all of the movies with broly and cooler are connected to fusion reborn also

Back