• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping DBZ Movie scaling for Toei Goku.

Differences between dbz anime goku and dbz manga goku:
● Higher AP

Differences between movie goku and manga goku:
● Higher AP
● Kioken 100
● False ssj
● Energy absorption from spirit bomb and from his allies
● Dragon fist explosion
● A serious and heroic personality and attitude

So, as we see that there are more differences between movie goku and manga goku as compared to anime goku, who only has higher AP and a different attitude.
So, I suggest that dbz anime goku profile should be deleted and should be replaced by a movie goku profile.

● Higher AP

● Higher AP
● Kioken 100
● False ssj
● Dragon fist explosion

So, as we see that there are more differences between movie goku and manga goku as compared to anime goku, who only has higher AP and a different attitude.
So, I suggest that dbz anime goku profile should be deleted and should be replaced by a movie goku profile.
u are aware some movies aernt canon to each other right?

Hatchiyack kinda throws that out the window since Turles, Slug and Cooler all exist together in that. Also, I'm like 75% certain that Goku compares Hatchiyack to Broly at some point.
That's a pretty solid supportive proof that movies happened in a single alternate reality. And yes, goku did compare hatchiyack to broly.

Remember the scene when goku and pikkon were sent in hell to deal with broly.
What movie was that?
I don't know if it was really fusion reborn or some other movie.
This never happened dude xD
In the anime they were sent to deal with cell and in Fusion reborn they were sent to deal with janemba

Hatchiyack kinda throws that out the window since Turles, Slug and Cooler all exist together in that. Also, I'm like 75% certain that Goku compares Hatchiyack to Broly at some point.
Turles, Slug, and Cooler could not exist in the same dimension as one another. For one, Cooler's Revenge takes place within the timeline of the TV anime, so any connection to that movie is thrown out the window. And, according to the Daizenshuu, Tree of Might and Lord Slug take place in the same window of time—after Goku landed on Namek but before the final showdown with Frieza. The problem is, the gap between those two points in time is less than a day.

● Higher AP

● Higher AP
● Kioken 100
● False ssj
● Dragon fist explosion

Except, with different writers come different characterization of Goku, which is only added onto by the filler in the series. Manga Goku and Anime Goku both experience the same key events (the fight with King Piccolo and his reincarnation, the invasion of the Saiyans, the battle with Frieza), but the in-betweens are different across both medias. For example, Anime Goku experiences Dead Zone between Dragon Ball and Z, encounters more of Other World's inhabitants during the Saiyan Saga (Princess Snake, Ogres in Hell, etc.), battles with 100% Frieza as a Super Saiyan on relatively equal footing (as opposed to the manga where he always had the upper hand), learns how to drive, tries to kill Gohan in the Room of Spirit and Time, battles inside of Buu, et cetera.

Aside from that, you could literally argue the differences between Movie Goku and Manga Goku are the same differences between Movie Goku and Anime Goku and at that point, why not just delete both pages entirely?

Remember the scene when goku and pikkon were sent in hell to deal with broly.
What movie was that?
I don't know if it was really fusion reborn or some other movie.
Bio-Broly.

I hope this article help. Here, there is a quote from toriyama that he considers the movies to be in a single DIMENSION(Singular).
The movies being "stories in a different dimension from the main story of the comic" is not the same as "the movies all take place in the same dimension".

The movies being "stories in a different dimension from the main story of the comic" is not the same as "the movies all take place in the same dimension".
Ok. You can definitely interpret the statement like this.
But the use of the term "a different dimension" instead of "different dimensions" hints that they all occured in the same timeline. It shows that he is refering to something singular.

So what should we do here?
Well as far as now, a composite toei profile is not an option since the movies and the anime don't scale to each other. So, the movie stuff from the anime profile should be removed.
The argument right now is whether the movies scale to each other or not. And if the movie profile of goku is possible.

● Higher AP
● Kioken 100
● False ssj
● Dragon fist explosion
You forget that movie Goku also have healing ability. I am in argument with movie Goku profile even though I still think a composite toei Goku was a better idea but ut seems that most people disagree with that

Well as far as now, a composite toei profile is not an option since the movies and the anime don't scale to each other. So, the movie stuff from the anime profile should be removed.

The argument right now is whether the movies scale to each other or not. And if the movie profile of goku is possible.
@AKM sama @Matthew_Schroeder @Elizhaa @SSJRyu1 @Theglassman12 @Super_Saiyan_God_Julian @Antoniofer @EMagoIorSouI @EmperorRorepme @DarkDragonMedeus @Crabwhale

Would you be willing to help out with this please?

We could do one of three things here:
  1. Keep "Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z anime)" and remove the movie content from the page.
  2. Keep the movie content and leave the page as is, just separate the movie scaling and the anime scaling.
  3. Remove the Toei Goku page altogether.

As contradictory as the movies are, its pretty clear that they're intended to coexist with the anime, whether it be having appearances in the anime or other movies or literal arcs like Dead Zone (Which is just as impossible as any of the other movies).

Kinda like how DBS can't fit within the manga or any continuity for that matter, yet canonically does.

I'm fine with either way except the "erase the movie from existence" or "erase the whole Toeiverse with both movie and TV series from existence"

I would personally prefer to just separate the movie Goku feats to a separate profile page, but it depends on what other staff members think.

Back