• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping DBZ Movie scaling for Toei Goku.

He is highly knowledgeable in fighting- he hasn't toured the entire universe or anything like that, he has no way to even know how old a saiyan can get, let along how big the universe actually is.
We haven't toured the universe too, yet we know how big the observable part is. And there are also universal statements from trunks and paragus too.
I will tell you this:
If broly is 4-A, then how can he destroy the universe without being immortal or have longetivity, in his short lifespan. It is either he is 3-B, or the feat and statements didn't happened.

From a Plot Standpoint Piccolo is the character who usually explains and corrects everyone, like how he had to explain to Goku his mistake with Gohan or in the Buu Arc with the Supreme Kai or how Goku thinks he’d be a better trainer for Goten and Trunks to do the fusion dance, I think it be odd if the writers intended his word be doubted suddenly specially when Dragon Ball just loves hyping there villains
It's just a hype statement, hyperbolly on the writer's part it's "supposed" to make broly seem cooler and sound more like a threat, we can chose to acknowledge that or examine the in universe evidence and ask if the character could have the knowledge to be right about that statement.

Paragus has the same statement, he has hang around Broly the longest, has seen the destruction he caused and knows how powerful he is and knows how long Broly can live.

Basically, broly can't destroy the south "galaxy" in 20+ years and be rated 4-A unless, you believe that south "galaxy" is a single galaxy and the DB universe is 4 galaxy sized.
And it is impossible for a 4-A character to destroy the universe without immortality or longetivity.
It is either broly is 3-B, OR the feats and statements in movie 8 are all invalid and db universe is just 4 galaxy in size, which is the only way broly can be considered 4-A. Otherwise, it is impossible.
So pick your poison. @Nullflowerblush

yea i kinda think the story is trying to say that broly will destroy every single thing in the universe, he’s also stated the strongest movie villain too

We haven't toured the universe too, yet we know how big the observable part is. And there are also universal statements from trunks and paragus too.
I will tell you this:
If broly is 4-A, then how can he destroy the universe without being immortal or have longetivity, in his short lifespan. It is either he is 3-B, or the feat and statements didn't happened.
... you know I really didn't want to do these 2 things but,

We know the number of how "big" it is, do you comprehend what that means? Do you comprehend how much longer it would take to visit every planet vs going from one side to the other? Why do you think anybif these people do? I'd have to look up the distance of the observatble universe do you think they have all this memorized?

And

Inconsistentcy in my dragonball? Hyperbole in my anime? This is surely unheard of!?.. but seriously all of these statements are just hype statments, they shouldn't be taken at face vaule especially when Broly's actions just can't match them. If you want to takw everything completely seriously, then the logical solution is in a moment of fear the characters are exaggerating or mean no place in the universe is safe from broly.

To note I do agree with Broly be multi-galaxy,his 4A rating never makes sense at all but I disagree with assuming him to be the strongest movie villain for multiple reasons

... you know I really didn't want to do these 2 things but,

We know the number of how "big" it is, do you comprehend what that means? Do you comprehend how much longer it would take to visit every planet vs going from one side to the other? Why do you think anybif these people do? I'd have to look up the distance of the observatble universe do you think they have all this memorized?

And

Inconsistentcy in my dragonball? Hyperbole in my anime? This is surely unheard of!?.. but seriously all of these statements are just hype statments, they shouldn't be taken at face vaule especially when Broly's actions just can't match them. If you want to takw everything completely seriously, then the logical solution is in a moment of fear the characters are exaggerating or mean no place in the universe is safe from broly.
So how would you justify broly's 4-A rating?
Is the south galaxy just a 3-C structure? That would mean that the db universe is just a 3-B structure i.e. 4 galaxy sized. That can justify the 4-A rating
OR,
Is the south galaxy not really a galaxy but a universal quadrant? That would make broly 3-B since you can't destroy 25% of the universe in 20+ years while being 4-A.
So, it is all about the size of the galaxy and the universe.
I choose to go with the latter since it makes more sense to me

I believe the Galaxy amount confusion started because of translation issues, the word “Galaxies” apparently doesn’t exist in Japanese so when King Kai said he was the King of the North Galaxy it could be translated as King of the North Galaxies

So how would you justify broly's 4-A rating?
Is the south galaxy just a 3-C structure? That would mean that the db universe is just a 3-B structure i.e. 4 galaxy sized. That can justify the 4-A rating
OR,
Is the south galaxy not really a galaxy but a universal quadrant? That would make broly 3-B since you can't destroy 25% of the universe in 20+ years while being 4-A.
So, it is all about the size of the galaxy and the universe.
I choose to go with the latter since it makes more sense to me
His current justifications look fine to me, they don't mention this statement, they appear to be based on an interpretation of events before the movie happened

Actually actually: if what lord said is true, broly will get multi galaxy
And if we take that each galaxy is a quadrant of the universe. Meaning each galaxy is about 25% is of the universe, giving him multi galaxy, add in the fact that king kai was worried that he destroy his own galaxy, and that piccolo, trunks, paradis states that he will destroy the universe in his life time plus there is a statement that he can destroy galaxies from an interview with the curator of broly

His current justifications look fine to me, they don't mention this statement, they appear to be based on an interpretation of events before the movie happened
How is it fine? His justification says that he destroyed large parts of the south "galaxy".
Do you consider south galaxy to be a single galaxy or multiple?

The only way broly is 4-A is if the south galaxy is a single galaxy and the db universe is 4 galaxy sized. That's it.
Otherwise, the 4-A rating is nonsense

How is it fine? His justification says that he destroyed large parts of the south "galaxy".
Do you consider south galaxy to be a single galaxy or multiple?
It's a bit out dated but I know what it's referring to, the statement in the intro of the movie when it's said the "south galaxy is under attack" the current interpretation of that if I remember right is that we view a single Galaxy inside the south galaxy during the intro, the wording probably needs to be changed but ultimately the rational is fine.

It's a bit out dated but I know what it's referring to, the statement in the intro of the movie when it's said the "south galaxy is under attack" the current interpretation of that if I remember right is that we view a single Galaxy inside the south galaxy during the intro, the wording probably needs to be changed but ultimately the rational is fine.
You didn't answer my question. Do you consider destroying the south galaxy(or large parts of it) in 20+ years a 4-A feat or a 3-B feat.
The answer depends on how you see the south galaxy.

Or that the south galaxies were destroyed 99% and only handful of planets survived.
Or that the whole south quadrant got destroyed and some planets survived
Or just a PIS or something like that

Broly did destroy most of the south "galaxy". Only a small portion was left.
There's no evidence of this as far as I am aware.

You didn't answer my question. Do you consider destroying the south galaxy(or large parts of it) in 20+ years a 4-A feat or a 3-B feat.
The answer depends on how you see the south galaxy.
The galaxy are or at least were considered a governmental split in a normal universe if I recall right. But from my understanding of the movie, and the wiki's interpretation of events, Broly did not destroy a large segment of that area during the movie.

Or that the south galaxies were destroyed 99% and only handful of planets survived.
Or that the whole south quadrant got destroyed and some planets survived
Or just a PIS or something like that
I mean like, going this route the universal statements would also be easyer explained as PIS

There's no evidence of this as far as I am aware.

The galaxy are or at least were considered a governmental split in a normal universe if I recall right. But from my understanding of the movie, and the wiki's interpretation of events, Broly did not destroy a large segment of that area during the movie.

I mean like, going this route the universal statements would also be easyer explained as PIS
Consistent with him destroying 25% of the universe in supressed state, stated that he will destroy the universe by his daddy, a guy with daddy issues and a non binary asexual pickle. State by his own curator to destroy galaxies.....I don't think so

The feats and statements in movie 8 are definitely not pis or outliers. And it doesn't matter if broly destroyed the entire south quadrant or not because he was a threat to the north quadrant and the entire living universe. So, all this evidence suggest 3-B and not 4-A.
If the feats and statements are PIS, prove it!
If broly is only 4-A, then prove that the south galaxy is a single regular sized galaxy and the universe is only 4 galaxy sized.

The feats and statements in movie 8 are definitely not pis or outliers. And it doesn't matter if broly destroyed the entire south quadrant or not because he was a threat to the north quadrant and the entire living universe. So, all this evidence suggest 3-B and not 4-A.
If the feats and statements are PIS, prove it!
If broly is only 4-A, then prove that the south galaxy is a single regular sized galaxy and the universe is only 4 galaxy sized.
For 1 that's up to other people to interpret.

2 I was suggesting I didn't like what Orange had said, there seems to be just as much evidence to me that the statements are PIS (perhaps more because There really isn't a convincing reason for anyone to be able to say/know that that, except for Paragos who gets the not satisfying "we don't know much about him so he definitely could know that") then the movie happening in the South galaxy being PIS

3 I've said several times I think, that the 4 Quadrants are indeed considered separations of the universe and the total universe is the standard size of a universe on this wiki, I've explained what I think the statue on Broly's page is referring to, So I don't see what I really have to prove.

For 1 that's up to other people to interpret.

2 I was suggesting I didn't like what Orange had said, there seems to be just as much evidence to me that the statements are PIS (perhaps more because There really isn't a convincing reason for anyone to be able to say/know that that, except for Paragos who gets the not satisfying "we don't know much about him so he definitely could know that") then the movie happening in the South galaxy being PIS

3 I've said several times I think, that the 4 Quadrants are indeed considered separations of the universe and the total universe is the standard size of a universe on this wiki, I've explained what I think the statue on Broly's page is referring to, So I don't see what I really have to prove.
So him destroying 25% of the universe, stated that he a threat to the universe by three people, stated that he will destroy the north galaxy by king kai, stated that he can destroy galaxies by his own curator, stated that can destroy the universe over time by the narrator? "My memory is a bit fuzzy" doesn't give him multi galaxy rating???

Stop the broly talk and stop derailing this. This is not a CRT to talk about old rejected feats.

Almost all the relevant info is on the current pages. Someone, who has the time, just needs to go through the pages and separate the info based on whether it comes from the anime or the movies. For example, if somebody could take the info from Son Goku (Toei) and then create two different profiles for anime and movie versions in their sandbox, then we can check and start from there.

Like that, we can separate other profiles too. And then we revise GT.

AKM is correct.

Is somebody willing to delete all of the derailing posts please?

Yes, he shook Hell iirc. It's not as impressive as the Fusion Reborn feat, but still impressive as Hell is quite large. If someone can calc it, that'd be great
I mean he shaked both hell and king Yemma place which take a big portion of the Afterlife (almost half of it)

Again, stop the Broly talk. The thing has been discussed too many times now, and no good is coming from bringing it up here. I am deleting your comment.

We'll only recap to get this out of the way to get the derailers to shut up about this.
  1. We are not going off the "4 Galaxies" mistranslation. It's 4 quadrants not galaxies.
  2. The "South Galaxy" from Broly is not the "South Quadrant" taking up 1/4th of the universe at all, it is simply the size of a single galaxy within the 4th quadrant.
  3. Just like New York is the name of both a City and the State much larger than the City it contains, South Galaxy is both the name of one normal Galaxy within it and the 1/4th in the English dub. Broly only destroyed that one galaxy and not the entire quadrant.
  4. Also, it is not a fanmade term, quadrant is the correct translation if those who actually read Japanese; Funimation goofed when they said "Galaxies" as it's a translation error.
  5. We are not treating that as a 3-B feat nor are we downgrading the GT cosmology again; been there done that.
Derailment over, any more will be deleted without warning.

Last edited:
Back