• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Revival Discussion Thread

Keep in mind the monsters in scaling terms will be composited as a species, similar with Pokémon. If one showing is stronger than the other, it’d still make sense to prefer consistency over the strongest rating. I’d have to look into it more.

Monsters are the fodder enemies, they have no reason to scale to the heroes.
Meanwhile Metal Slimes taking only 1 point of damage from hits from end game heroes

Keep in mind the monsters in scaling terms will be composited as a species, similar with Pokémon. If one showing is stronger than the other, it’d still make sense to prefer consistency over the strongest rating. I’d have to look into it more.

Monsters are the fodder enemies, they have no reason to scale to the heroes.
So Trolls>>>>>>Golems?

I feel like you forget the point of Metal enemies being they only take one damage unless they hit the right spot (crit), or Metal bane abilities. Their durability doesn’t work the same way

Never said that

Doesn’t critical hits negate defense? Even with metal slash they’re able to easily evade it and when it hits it does only 1-2 damage at least in DQ9 making metal slash as good as a normal attack

And I know you never said that because I said that.

Doesn’t critical hits negate defense? Even with metal slash they’re able to easily evade it and when it hits it does only 1-2 damage at least in DQ9 making metal slash as good as a normal attack

And I know you never said that because I said that.
Yes, that’s what I meant. Metal Slash guarantees an extra damage point against Metals.

Added a few more abilites to the ability list. Plan to work on the exclusive abilities today, mainly with the Erdrick trilogy and monster entries.

ah shit sorry i forgor

i've done this like seven times in this thread lol

can you remind me like tomorrow a bit earlier it's late for me sry

Yo how do I make collapsible boxes? I’m trying to put all the stuff we go over into the op.

More options -> Spoiler. There's two functions called Spoiler, both under a "more options" thing, but I mean the right one, with the crossed out eye.

More options -> Spoiler. There's two functions called Spoiler, both under a "more options" thing, but I mean the right one, with the crossed out eye.
Thanks

On another note, I’m finally gonna try to get stuff done for this. I’ve procrastinated a bit but I want to see DQ get some glory for once. I’ve been slowly working on searching and getting all of the erdrick hero’s hax and stuff together. If people on here could help, that’d be cool. I also have to add all of the feats discussed into the op

I just realized how much work some of the profiles are gonna need, especially the Slime 😔

There’s literally so many kinds that can be fitted into one profile and there’s the recruited variants for almost every one of them aside from the more bizarre variants. I’m… not sure how we work the profile.

I think we can narrow it down slightly. I can think of is putting the different slime family members like heal slimes into different profiles while keeping Slimes, Slime Stacks, and King Slimes into one profile (due to the latter two just being fusions)

Kinda forget about the ability lists. I’ll get back to those when I can. In the meantime, can anyone give input on the 2-B Mortamor feat I explained here. Kinda need it to determine literally the entirety of the end game characters’ tiers. There are a few points but depending on what’s agreed or disagreed, DQ could be either Low 2-C (If points made are entirely disagreed with) , 2-C (If the point about Mortamor stabilizing the Dream World and Real World is accepted but the other isn’t), or 2-B (If the point about Mortamor actively planning to absorb the cosmology with full intentions is accepted, with the assumption he’d be aware of his power and capable of such things).
This thing for reference for Mortamor

This for potential immeasurable speed feat

Someone give me context
View posts above for context and scans. Whole thing about Mortamor being able to stabilize two worlds (in this context would refer to universes), in his dimension and potentially the verse given it’s his intention to absorb all worlds

My issue is that I didn't necessarily agree that absorbing a universe in a (two-universe) multiverse that you sustain mean that you're also sustaining the new universes

My issue is that I didn't necessarily agree that absorbing a universe in a (two-universe) multiverse that you sustain mean that you're also sustaining the new universes
Mortamor’s feat makes sense in that he was directly threatening to absorb the real world and dream world into his realm. The 2-B is more in the assumption territory off of the statement (not word for word) “he will absorb the real world and dream world, then all others”. Given it’s his plan to due the initial, it’s likely he will try to absorb all other worlds as well given he has plans to do said thing. Mortamor being aware of his power, it would make sense for him to be somewhat capable of stabilizing them. Kind of like Dormommu but more vague and overtime compared to already having done it.

Uh… My only knowledge on Dragon Quest comes from me only having gotten through the beginning of DQ11

I just noticed that someone made a profile for the Prince of Cannock and threw it on the verse page. Version history shows it was made in July 2023. Idk who did it but like, it uses all the outdated info.

Seeing it confused me a little and it’s kinda weird one user went out of their way to create a profile using outdated info.

But uh… anyway, still waiting on Mortamor’s feat analysis. I think it’d be pretty cool for 2-B Dragon Quest to happen.

I think it'd be better to make a Q&A thread or smt, I don't think you're getting any attention here

Back