• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball Z speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
> A constant increase in power or Gohan's naturally fluctuating power is very different than Goku raising his power deliberately for just an instant.

...No, it's not. You said the scouter had no showings of being able to keep up with fluctuating ki and were shown to be wrong. And it's no different, especially when it comes to people like Vegeta who were rapidly increasing their power and the new Scouter models were easily able to keep up with his increases. Goku raising and decreasing his ki is the exact same thing done by the earthlings, except on a larger scale due to how fast it happens.

> Your explanation requires a lot of head canon tbh. There's no proof that Ki works as a radio wave or its signal is same as that emitted by another scouter.

The only thing that requires headcanon here is acting like scouters can receive messages at MFTL speeds...but at the same time can't receive messages at MFTL speed, which makes literally zero sense.

Kep again, you are acting like both the messages are of the same type, which they are not.

You haven't proven that, AKM. It both makes literally no sense either and contradicts the backstory. So no, sorry.

Ki signal =/= scouter signal

Therefore picking up a ki signal =/= picking up a scouter signal

I don't have to prove anything. You have to prove they work similarly.

Can't we focus on the original mentioned speed feat instead? It seems like everybody agree on using some version of that, and I think that it gave a higher result.

We don't even need to use the scouter feat as it is controversial since Goku has a feat of the same level in the same arc and he soon gets better feats.

> I don't have to prove anything. You have to prove they work similarly.

Both rely on transceivers. In the anime we are shown the screen highlighting the target and several dotted waves coming off them before their BP is displayed. That's transmitting data and receiving it back. The exact same thing that they do when they transmit messages to outer space.

Anyway, whatever.

@IDright No need to accuse us of treating DB unfairly.

If you have concerns about how the ratings are handled, you can voice them out in a related discussion granted you are willing to discuss things in a peaceful manner.

Also, most of us, including me, like Dragon Ball Super quite a lot.

The real cal howard said:
If anything, we treat DB better than a majority of the reputable debating sites.
Yes, we all know you think the OBD has the best systems in this world, but there's no need to "subtly" imply that you think this thread is a joke. Just say it outright. It's not hard.

the time frame was 30 sec; i think 5minutes will be correct for a lowball... 10minutes would be excessive because of goku's teleport...

Kep, that was a little uncalled for. I don't think that was his intention.

Kep was a bit harsh yes, but both sides were tbh. We have strict rules for bad mouthing OBD since we would never exist if it weren't for them, but at the same time; our site is different. Also, it's getting really annoying to say any verse for that matter gets "Special Treatment" or "The Opposite" regardless. Dragon Ball is just a fairly linear verse with a fairly linear tiering system; simple as that. Saying we're biased towards or against Dragon Ball is not an argument, but a strawman.

Cal has mentioned several times what he thinks in a way that spells out rather clearly that he believes the thread is a joke because people in the OBD rejected it. I'd rather people say what is on their minds than use thinly veiled disguises.

But anyway, @DDM, what do you think about this feat? Or the scouter feat?

Well, I did give my thoughts saying that I think Heaven being Universe sized seems a bit exaggerated; but Heaven should still be absurdly massive given the population. Like Multi-Galaxy sized and should still be a good Massively FTL+ feat. Going from Grand Kai's planet to Hell on the other hand looks legit.

As for the scouter feat, I personally find that one iffy, but the other Massively FTL+ feats such as Goku outpacing the ship looks legit.

Okay, one. Yes. I do believe we wank the ever living crap out of the Toeiverse simply because we know we can't get away with it for canon Dragon Ball and this is the next best thing. Happy? Okay.

Two, no. I don't think the OBD is the best thing in the world. Why? Because they think I'm a joke there. I've seen their comments about my constant Zelda upgrades. Not to mention the numerous things I think we have correct here that is downplayed there. It's just that I don't think DB is one of them.

Three, that's not even what I was talking about. Hell, ******* DEATH BATTLE came to my mind before OBD did. I was defending the site, not sucking OBD's dick.

I want an apology for that comment.

Talk about Dragon Ball.

Take it to my wall. In the meantime...are we done with the upgrade itself? I still wanted to discuss a few speed feats in potential.

PaChi2 said:
Calm down guys, please.
Yes, please try to be polite and respectful to each other. Cal is a nice and helpful person and Kep is a nice and rational person. There is no need for internal hostility. I would appreciate if everybody involved try to make up with each other.

Anyway, regarding the original speed upgrade, what was decided? Did the universal size and timeframe have to be adjusted a bit before it is applied?

In addition, we need to place the final calculation in a blog post that is evaluated and accepted by the calc group, so we have something to link to in the profiles.

I think most agree that the calc is good, but some would like to low ball the timeframe and distance. Like Kep said to 5 min and half the observable universe is a good low ball and most agree. I can easily change the numbers to that into a blog for you if you'd like, or if your uncomfortable with me doing it for any reason it can be done quickly by another person since its pretty much just plugging new numbers in to my calc.

It may be best if Kepekley handles it, so we know that the math is correct.

He said my math was correct already for the initial calc. But I am fine with it if he'd rather do the blog.

Edit: Going to sleep now but if he still hasn't been up for doing it by tomorrow I can do it for you if you'd like then.

They needed to hurry [Through it was like an average task for Paikuhan] since Grand Kai gave them the order to stop Cell and pals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back