• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm bringing back Baby's ability, which was removed due to a translation error, but the correct translation is here.

"≪(ベビー)ハハハ…。
とどめだ。 悟空。お前を分子…
いや 原子の一個一個までばらばらにして
宇宙の ちりに戻してやる。もう二度と復活できないようにな。"

Tradução

(Baby)

Hahaha...

This is it, Goku. I'll turn you into molecules...

No, I'll scatter you piece by piece/into pieces of atoms and send you back into space trash so you will never revived again.

Official translation available here on our official translation website

Quote where it is mentioned about the Revenge Death Ball

I will scatter your molecules... no, down to your individual atoms,and return you to the space dust that you came from! So much so that you can never return to life again!

It can be considered an evil genkidama (Chozenshū 4), and genkidama itself is capable of obliterating all of Majin Buu's cells, i don't think Baby is just talking the talk, but that's what his attack can literally do.

Skills that will be added to your profile

Atomic-level Matter Manipulation and denial of resurrection baby mentions that he won't be able to come back to life

In short, Baby will return to his manipulation of matter at the atomic level and denial of resurrection.

Agree:@Ednaxel2,@Khanhba01 , @Oliver_de_jesus , @Killerdrone123, @ChoursDropoff, @AizenBankai09, @DarkDragonMedeus, @ProfectusInfinity, @GarrixianXD, @AwkguyDB

Disagree: @Damage3245 ( thinks it's just AP) and @Nullflowerblush, ( thinks it's hypebole) @BestMGQScalerEver, @Chariot190, @Maverick_Zero_X ( thinks it's just AP), @Quantu

Points already refuted

Some points I've already refuted, about being hyperbole by Null, where he uses other examples to suggest that villains are claiming they will destroy on an atomic level, as this translation is incorrect, where the quotes below show no atomic destruction being referred to

Last edited:
Mmm. Not really feeling the resurrection nullification. When I conferred with Null over the TL, he seemed adamant it wasn’t hyper literal and more like Baby just doing arrogant villain lines.

Baby broadening the scope of his threat mid-speech (分子…いや 原子) from "molecules" to "atoms" proves he wasn't really being literal, he was just being exaggerative and self-aggrandizing. He was just making a scary threat, not actually planning on scattering Goku's atoms into "space dust"; Vegeta made that dust threat as well.
Because it uses borrowed energy.
...which any blast can do.
It's not that hard.
A knife slash can destroy cells. Just get a big knife.

Baby broadening the scope of his threat mid-speech (分子…いや 原子) from "molecules" to "atoms" proves he wasn't really being literal, he was just being exaggerative and self-aggrandizing. He was just making a scary threat, not actually planning on scattering Goku's atoms into "space dust"; Vegeta made that dust threat as well.
But he is speaking literally, i don't think we should use your translation, considering that you yourself said that you don't know Japanese, and in the translation he speaks and confirms your evidence, that's enough to be literal, besides, if it weren't for Shin himself he would have been atomized right there

"I'm not actually experienced in Japanese at all"
Because it uses borrowed energy.

...which any blast can do.
It's not that hard.
A knife slash can destroy cells. Just get a big knife.
I highly doubt it since it didn't leave any cells behind, keep in mind that it is necessary to manipulate matter at such a level to affect cells

Anyway, ask for a translator here to check this, as neither you nor I speak Japanese.

Last edited:
Mmm. Not really feeling the resurrection nullification. When I conferred with Null over the TL, he seemed adamant it wasn’t hyper literal and more like Baby just doing arrogant villain lines.
Arrogance or not, we see that all the matter in that place was disappearing, and if Shin hadn't intervened, Goku would have been obliterated.

I recall Trunks reducing Frieza to Atoms was taken as being Normal Ki "vaporizating" Attack Potency, so reducing something like the Cells of Kid Buu with the Spirit Bomb should be the same.

i don't think we should use your translation, considering that you yourself said that you don't know Japanese
You don't have to be knowledgeable in Japanese to know that somebody switching up in the middle of their dialogue is kinda invalid.
Like, sorry, buddy, that's just what "いや" means. Me not being an unparalleled master in the language doesn't change its meaning.

You don't have to be knowledgeable in Japanese to know that somebody switching up in the middle of their dialogue is kinda invalid.
Like, sorry, buddy, that's just what "いや" means. Me not being an unparalleled master in the language doesn't change its meaning.
Anyway ask for an official translator to check this

Anyway ask for an official translator to check this
I don't think a translation will matter here anyways when the statement is very clearly a non literal/hype statement. I'm also pretty sure concepts like "hyperbole" and "idioms" exist in japanese where the meaning of the words isnt equivalent to the literal meaning. Here Baby is just exaggerating his speech in classic villain manner to get across the meaning that "I'll obliterate you!"

I don't think a translation will matter here anyways when the statement is very clearly a non literal/hype statement. I'm also pretty sure concepts like "hyperbole" and "idioms" exist in japanese where the meaning of the words isnt equivalent to the literal meaning. Here Baby is just exaggerating his speech in classic villain manner to get across the meaning that "I'll obliterate you!"
I'm not sure about this, since he talks twice about his ability and reaffirms it, anyway ask a person experienced in this subject to translate, not all quotes are hyperbole, anyway i'm waiting.

Like there's no secret hidden code in japanese that will directly tell you "This is hyperbole and not literal!" and while some stuff may suggest so it's ultimately up to the persons reading comprehension to judge it.

Like there's no secret hidden code in japanese that will directly tell you "This is hyperbole and not literal!" and while some stuff may suggest so it's ultimately up to the persons reading comprehension to judge it.
Yes, that's why asking someone to do this for me, it would be a bit strange to be hyperbole, something that he himself stated twice.

Baby broadening the scope of his threat mid-speech (分子…いや 原子) from "molecules" to "atoms" proves he wasn't really being literal, he was just being exaggerative and self-aggrandizing. He was just making a scary threat, not actually planning on scattering Goku's atoms into "space dust";
Can you explain this line of reasoning? Because I get the opposite takeaway.

If he's going far out of his way to explain the effects of the Revenge Death Ball rather than dropping it as a straightforward throwaway line, going into how it would deconstruct on a more fundamental level than the molecular level and instead work on the atomic level (which is somewhat supported by the attack reducing him to space dust) to prevent him from resurrecting... wouldn't that rather lend credence to interpreting the statements as literal? I don't understand the default assumption that elaborate explanation makes things... less likely to be literal?
Vegeta made that dust threat as well.
I don't think you can equalize the two seeing as there was no context there (e.g. elaboration) indicating that Vegeta was being literal unlike with this instance.

Put me in agree.

Last edited:
means it's automatically not literal?
Yes.

This dialogue, no... this entire scene—Baby's character, Vegeta's character, Baby's overwhelming hatred towards the Saiyans, his feeling of superiority at the newfound height of his power and his achievements, his language—points towards the threat being non-literal.
If he's going far out of his way to explain the effects of the Revenge Death Ball
You'd think that if the Revenge Death Ball could genuinely scatter an opponent to atoms, that'd be mentioned in, say, the Chozenshu 4?
He was, again, just making a threat. Piccolo once "blasted [Goku] to atoms". Hey, he even a added similar "You won't be able to resurrect" comment.

Anyway, how did you get atomic manipulation? I find it rather iffy that Baby said he’ll “shatter his molecules down to his individual atoms”, as it could just mean he can break the bond of the molecules instead of retaining control over the atoms itself.

Yes.

This dialogue, no... this entire scene—Baby's character, Vegeta's character, Baby's overwhelming hatred towards the Saiyans, his feeling of superiority at the newfound height of his power and his achievements, his language—points towards the threat being non-literal.

You'd think that if the Revenge Death Ball could genuinely scatter an opponent to atoms, that'd be mentioned in, say, the Chozenshu 4?
He was, again, just making a threat. Piccolo once "blasted [Goku] to atoms". Hey, he even a added similar "You won't be able to resurrect" comment.
In fact, this phrase from Piccolo is a translation error like the others, there is already a translation of them here

In all these statements about Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, it's a translation error, but baby's translation is unique, it's right here.

Goku: T--that bastard!!

As ever, they do the most absurd things...!!

Roshi: Phew...

Had Goku not done that, everyone here would be smashed into pieces.

Goku: Now I'll be returning the favor with this!!

The Super Kamehameha!!

Goku: Hah...hah...

Freiza(?): ......why won't this persistent wrench just die already?

Fine then!! I'll just smash you into pieces like I did to that earthling!!!

Piccolo:

Reduced into pieces!!!

Not even Shenron (Divine Dragon/Shenlong) can restore him now!!!

for one to come back to life, a body is needed, so if there is no body for the soul to be resurrected into, then there is no way for one to come back to life, we see this numerous times with the characters coserving bodies in stasis so that they can wish them back to life later, baby in the phrasing that the act of reducing his body to space dust, aka obliterating his body completely, would be enough for him to never come back to life, so it is very clear that this is what he is referencing

also, you don't need matter manip to reduce one person to atoms, any strong enough attack can do that, so this would be nothing but show that Baby's Revenge Death Ball is simply that much stronger than base Goku, aside from the fact that the phrasing of it is........clearly hyperbole, in one moment he says he will reduce him to molecules then atoms, just for him to say that he will make Goku become dust.......you see the problem?

so i disagree

Anyway, how did you get atomic manipulation? I find it rather iffy that Baby said he’ll “shatter his molecules down to his individual atoms”, as it could just mean he can break the bond of the molecules instead of retaining control over the atoms itself.
tbf if one attack is really strong enough, one can reduce another to atoms, it would need to be stupidly strong sure, but it can be done with AP alone

tbf if one attack is really strong enough, one can reduce another to atoms, it would need to be stupidly strong sure, but it can be done with AP alone
Yeah, I’m aware of that. Just checking if anything lines up with Baby’s statement on shattering molecules.

This was the exact translation so far.
will scatter your molecules... no, down to your individual atoms, and return you to the space dust that you came from! So much so that you can never return to life again!
He said Molecules first, but then corrected himself with the "Down to your individual atoms". Basically, he said something that would confirm molecular level destruction but corrected himself to say atomic level destruction in the same sentence.

This was the exact translation so far.

He said Molecules first, but then corrected himself with the "Down to your individual atoms". Basically, he said something that would confirm molecular level destruction but corrected himself to say atomic level destruction in the same sentence.
that can be done with pure AP alone, it being molecular destruction wouldn't mean matter manip by default, we got Trunks reducing freeza to attoms and the Genki Dama reducing Buu to that level as example withing the series, and in the same phrase after that baby said he would turn him to dust, which would be weird if he was literally reducing him to atoms

Back