• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 74: Broly Hype is unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the English dub today. A few things I'd like to point out

>It wasn't stated anywhere by Goku that his power level is near UIO3 or Beerus as mentioned by many people here

>Frieza didn't stand a chance against Broly. We shouldn't come to the conclusion that he's stronger than Goku and Vegeta based on that. Perhaps it's a durability feat but that's about it. Infact Whis came to his rescue afterwards

>SSG Goku seemed somewhat stronger than SSG Vegeta

Goku power being stated to be near the gods is from the Broly movie interview not the movie. Beerus being comparable to the Third UIS is also from a statement from a magazine.

Golden Frieza was still able to survive getting beat up by SS1 Broly for over an hour. The light novel also said he could somewhat dull SS1 Broly's movenemnts with his attacks and even make him dodge his strongest punches. The interview also said Frieza got stronger but still isn't as strong as Beerus.

SS1 Goku was shown to be physically on par with initial Wrath Broly who overpowered SSG Vegeta for a period of time and even surprised him with his speed during their short scuffle. The light novel also said SS1 Goku had a nearly equal match with initial Wrath Broly but right now it's considered a outlier.

He's a shit father who raised his son to fulfill his revenge. Bardock is the definition of a good father

Friendly reminder that Saiyans are a warrior race. Paragus raised Broly to be the mightiest warrior. Paragus defied his king even if that could have got him killed and went to a desolated planet in order to protect or save his son.

Also, I said by Saiyan standards.

Ô£ôTreats his son like a dog

Ô£ôKilled the guy who helped him get to Vampa

Ô£ôCuts the ear off Broly's favorite pet

Ô£ôDoesn't gives a damn when he hears about his planets destruction

Ô£ôHas unnecessary grudge over the child of King Vegeta who has no business with him

Yes that's a nice dad. General Zod (DC Extended Universe) had noble intentions if we start judging people's like that

You can argue that Paragus' care for Broly was not love per se as much as grooming a powerful weapon to survive the get over the smack to his pride.

There is a huge difference from what I was told between the dub and the sub

There is a part where Paragus says in the dub "Broly is out of control, he might die"

In the Japanese version he says "Broly is out of control, he might kill me"

JackJoyce said:
Ô£ôTreats his son like a dog

Ô£ôKilled the guy who helped him get to Vampa

Ô£ôCuts the ear off Broly's favorite pet

Ô£ôDoesn't gives a damn when he hears about his planets destruction

Ô£ôHas unnecessary grudge over the child of King Vegeta who has no business with him

Yes that's a nice dad. General Zod (DC Extended Universe) had noble intentions if we start judging people's like that
Most of these have nothing to do with parenting, but seriously...

You have to look at things from his point of view.

Revenge was the only thing that kept Paragus alive day by day, and he knew that only Broly could accomplish it - so he made him the best he could be. He needs to know that all his lived for over the last couple of decades was not for nothing, and that's why he went after Vegeta, who is the spitting image of his father.

And Paragus put a collar on Broly for obvious reasons, Broly is an unstoppable monster when mad, he needs the shock so he doesn't destroy everything and everyone.

Is Paragus a great dad? No.

But he loves his son - he sacrificed his life for him and even killed another man to conserve food.

He clearly cares, and I can say that is better than a lot of fathers in the real world.

PaChi2 said:
SomebodyData said:
Better than Goku, amirite?
Lmao.

At least Paragus spent 40 years with his son instead of dead ovo
I know you're probably joking, but why people assume that time spent with child=good parent?

Even if they treat them horrible during the time they spend with them

Doesn't seem right to me

UltimateFlare said:
It isn't an accurate thought process.

My father is an example.

My dad never took me out fishing, or through a ball around in the backyard, or any of that shit you see in movies. He doesn't have the time.

With that having been said, my dad is still a good dad.

He works hard, he drives me to places where I need to be, he reminds me of obligations I need to keep. That's how he shows that he cares.

Sometimes the actions of others speak louder than their words.

I mean, one would rather punch his son to get himself stronger, and the other would punch his son to keep his son from killing everyone.

You choose.

Still semi-joking here

Paragus literally attempted to kill Broly's best and only friend in front of him to get Broly stronger.

Ryukama said:
Paragus literally attempted to kill Broly's best and only friend in front of him to get Broly stronger.
Iirc Paragus did it because he needed Broly to focus on training and he was being distracted by playing, also I doubt Paragus thought of a monster as a "friend" of his son. Pretty much like kidnapping Gohan and making him train to face the saiyans. You know.

Further showing Paragus cares more about honing his killing machine than his son's happiness. Broly was a child who for once wanted to do something besides train and struggle to survive for a change, yet Paragus being so obsessed with his revenge took that joy away from him. He knew Broly cared about the creature. And yeah Piccolo's also shit for doing that to Gohan. But for some reason the fandom insists on ignoring and excusing every awful thing Piccolo, Vegeta and now apparently even Paragus do yet act like Goku's the worst for any mistake he does.

I just said he was good ''for Saiyan standards'' keeping in mind that Saiyans are battle maniacs who only think about honing their skills. I never claimed that Paragus was a good person/character. Because he really put himself in danger and discarded his home planet to save his son. Lul

PaChi2 said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
rip Raditz
I laughed when the scouter said that child Broly was nearly as strong as adult Raditz
Didn't they also say that they had multiple different power level reading for Broly and one of them destroyed the scouter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back