• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 74: Broly Hype is unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just clicked to me but imma laugh my ass off when Broly is forgotten even though he's introduced in the movie

I really hope they don't go with the GT version of SSJ4. I like the idea behind his Ikari though.

What I'm really wondering is if there's gonna be some type of interaction between him and Kale.

Just posting (in-case John West missed it) that I dumped the scans for Vegeta vs Broly, Goku vs Broly, Goku + Vegeta vs Broly and Frieza's statement about fighting Goku and Vegeta in the previous thread. Hope to see them translated!

"Goku's a selfish asshole who only wants a good fight no matter the consequences"

Meanwhile Goku attempts to talk down Broly and tells him he doesn't need to fight.

I'm gonna be honest, DBS Broly is obviously a far better written character, but I still think DBZ Broly is cooler lol

Ryukama said:
"Goku's a selfish asshole who only wants a good fight no matter the consequences"

Meanwhile Goku attempts to talk down Broly and tells him he doesn't need to fight.
Being honest, I feel like Goku doing that was probably the best (in terms of morality) thing Goku's ever done. For a guy who settles things with his fists most of the time, going out of his way to try to talk someone down and extending his hand in friendship before beating them within an inch of their life is big.

Well to be fair the majority of villains Goku fought were pure evil and couldn't at all be reasoned with. There's nothing he could've done outside of beating them up. Broly he could tell was a good man being forced into this, which is why he tried to get him to step down even if it meant giving up a good fight.

Ryukama said:
I'm gonna be honest, DBS Broly is obviously a far better written character, but I still think DBZ Broly is cooler lol
That's because that view of Goku is just some bulshit exageration of what Toriyama said and all the edgy idiots and DB haters just ran with it.

DBS itself said it perfectly : Goku doesn't go out of his way to do anything but he won't stand by if he see someone that need help.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about Goku.

Goku is a stupid hick, a country bumpkin, that gets off on martial arts. He is stupid and naive and will often do things based purely on what selfishly makes him feel good or might make him feel good but he is also an idiot that was raised on principles of kindness and trying to help others.

There is nothing complex or hard to grasp about it. He isn't a psychopathic monster nor is he a Superman rip-off. He is a hick that was raised to treat others with kindness and just so happens to be an alien with superpowers that gets off on honing his powers.

CryoTheMayo said:
I don't understand what's so hard to understand about Goku.
Goku is a stupid hick, a country bumpkin, that gets off on martial arts. He is stupid and naive and will often do things based purely on what selfishly makes him feel good or might make him feel good but he is also an idiot that was raised on principles of kindness and trying to help others.

There is nothing complex or hard to grasp about it. He isn't a psychopathic monster nor is he a Superman rip-off. He is a hick that was raised to treat others with kindness and just so happens to be an alien with superpowers that gets off on honing his powers.
Well the 'not hard to grasp' thing is definitely wrong, just look at how many people can't seems to understand his character.

Also i wouldn't really call Goku stupid, he is more overly focused and has his own priotities that ignore social norms.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Hyped for DBS making a comeback. I just hope to god they don't do a retelling of the Broly movie for an entire saga.
Well, last time they began a show with a movie reteling, we ended up with one of the biggest DB upgrade by episode 11, so i wouldn't be against it.

Dragomer said:
Also i wouldn't really call Goku stupid, he is more overly focused and has his own priotities that ignore social norms.
Goku isn't stupid. He's just not formally educated and a bit naive. He has a lot of smart moments, even outside of fighting.

The real cal howard said:
Being honest, I feel like Goku doing that was probably the best (in terms of morality) thing Goku's ever done. For a guy who settles things with his fists most of the time, going out of his way to try to talk someone down and extending his hand in friendship before beating them within an inch of their life is big.
You need to watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDQWVq4G040

Also i agree for making a Broly Saga solely for the fact there is a lot of stuff missing from the movie that needs detailed explanation . We also need to identity Broly's power better.

All we know is that his Ikari Form is at least UIO 3rd Level [Due to Goku's statement that implies his SSB form is at least UIO 3rd Level] and his Super Saiyan Forms are ludicrously above it... That's it. I'm not saying making him Beerus Level in Base or something (even though I wouldn't mind that at all and would hype up Broly's threat level significantly)... But make him more defined so we don't have to worry about having arguments on his power.

(*Praying for UI Goku vs SSJ Broly or FPSSJ Broly in the remake or some statement implying he is > Jiren so we can stop speculating....Hoping for the former though*)

One: Was it confirmed not to be a easter egg like many people are portraying it to be... Not via statements/headcanon/speculation (I'm not saying it is... But I want explicit evidence implying it wasn't) ? Secondly: Wouldn't that also mean Goku is as well ? Considering he was portrayed at least equal to Ikari Broly ?

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
One: Was it confirmed not to be a easter egg like many people are portraying it to be... Not via statements/headcanon/speculation (I'm not saying it is... But I want explicit evidence implying it wasn't) ? Secondly: Wouldn't that also mean Goku is as well ? Considering he was portrayed at least equal to Ikari Broly ?
I wouldn't call it an easter egg, he clearly take on MUI's color while powering up to blue, you can see it as either just a cool effect or something to imply that Broly is pushing Goku to his limit.

New DBS has been unconfirmed apparently....****.

Why is it so hard to get more dragon ball stuff ? doesn't Toei like money ?

Dragomer said:
New DBS has been unconfirmed apparently....****.
Why is it so hard to get more dragon ball stuff ? doesn't Toei like money ?
Source?

I don't buy it for an instant.

Ryukama said:
I absolutely love Team Four Star but people over time have taken memes like "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" and insisted it's canon in the series forgetting that this is a parody.
I feel that. I also feel like it has to do with how every grew up with dubbed Goku back in the 90s and 00s, so when they're brought up to a more faithful Goku in Super or Kai, who's still not a bad guy but isn't well...Superman, they get disappointed that he wasn't as (emphasis on as) heroic as they want him to be.

Ryukama said:
I absolutely love Team Four Star but people over time have taken memes like "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" and insisted it's canon in the series forgetting that this is a parody.
Toriyama himself has admitted that's the case though. Team Four Star absolutely hit gold on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back