• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit The Badass said:
MeleeniumRXJ said:
Because Krillin is Goku's best friend.
Such a logical answer -_-
But seriously at least Tien was more relevant than any of DB cast in both Cell and Buu saga.

Didn't say it's a logical answer. But it's still probably the answer.

Hit The Badass said:
Anybody hate the fact that we have again an enitre month of nothing but fillers?

Why are we getting the fillers of same characters again and again?

Why Krillin? Why not Tien?

He is a far better fighter and character than Krillin.
Because Krillin is most likely their weakest link.

I mean it kinda contradicts the story, but according to Toriyama, Kuririn would be the strongest "Human", followed by Tenshinhan, Yamcha, then Muten Roshi.

Still wondering why they didnt bring goten and trunks (too many saiyajins for their taste?).

I watched it, and it didnt make sense the reason, I was asking a reason for the plot/producers not to include the children.

"Oh these fighter jets aren't very experienced, so let's have this microbe fight instead!"

^ Pretty much the logic behind choosing Goten and Trunks over Roshi.

I don't mind it. Since I love Master Roshi and honestly dislike Goten and Trunks. But the excuse they had for the replacement is beyond stupid.

A better excuse would have simply been "they're children". From an ethical stand-point, I mean.

In any case, I hope this results in upgrades for the human characters.

Not really. You are clearly overexaggerating. They just have reasons for things we don't all agee with. DBS is just very simple and to the point. It really isn't trying to have SMT levels of writing....

DBS is better written than DBZ and DB. But it doesn't come without some of the silly brain farts the franchize is known for.

I'd say it is better written in some aspects than Z. That being said the bar these days is pretty high for similar shows and it could definitely be better written.

I suppose classic DB was better executed and wasn't as convoluted as Super. But at the same time, its plots don't have as much depth and weight as Super. Those qualities have been a double-edged sword in Super. I guess it depends what matters to you more.

I would disagree with Dragonmasterxyz that Super is simplistic, at least not entirely. The Zamasu arc in particular, was rather complicated with its time shinanigans. But it was also one of the most impactful arcs in all of Dragon Ball. It's pretty much the first time where a villain won. Yes, he ended up being erased, but not without serious irreversible consequence.

Since the series is attempting to become more complex with more depth, it should learn to get things right that make sense. The whole thing with the 28 planets, I admit, is kinda silly. Although, I'm sure it's possible to come up with a good reason/explanation for it. The question is, will they.

@MeleeniumRXJ

I would disagree about Zamasu winning as all his plans ultimately amount to nothing due to the actions of the rest of the cast.

Present Zamasu is dead and the actions that result in Goku Black will never occur. The original Goku Black was saved by his Time Ring only to be erased by Future Zen'o when he destory Fusion's Zamasu soul.

Future Zamasu has also been erased and Whis decides to travel forward in time and tell Future Beerus to kill Future Zamasu and at the same time recreating the Future timeline, which Future Trunks and Mai go to live in. Thus, Future Zamasu will never become problem either.

Fusion Zamasu was able to make his paradise with no mortals and he's the only god. Problem is he's insane and can't even truly enjoy it and then promplty killed by Future Zen'o and with his components erased is basically all the timelines, he'll never come to be.

Ultimately, Zamasu's ambitions have been utterly erased and all the damage he's ever caused has been undone. Nothing he did has any true lasting consequences. Ironic really.

@TheC2

Zamasu's actions weren't undone. Future Trunks' timeline did not get restored. He went to a shallow copy to live in, which is why there was already an identical Trunks and Mai living there. It's not the same timeline. If it were, there wouldn't be copies of him and Mai there. His original timeline that he fought so hard to protect, was erased with all its people and is never coming back.

I guess its misleading to say Zamasu won. But he's still the only villian to do irreversible damage at the scale he did it in, because Trunks did not get his original timeline back. He defended it two other times (Dabura and Androids) and all that basically went down the drain. He has to live with that realization too.

TheC2 said:
Future Zamasu has also been erased and Whis decides to travel forward in time and tell Future Beerus to kill Future Zamasu and at the same time recreating the Future timeline, which Future Trunks and Mai go to live in. Thus, Future Zamasu will never become problem either.
No... Future Zamasu was sealed. It was said that if Beerus killed Zamasu again the same things would occur... Also, Zamasu as an Immortal can not be killed by Beerus...

Shock97 said:
In the intro for the tournament, we can see that Buu is still fat, unless they are gonna change that. I noticed that Fat Buu in an extremely short time trained non-stop to the point that he can fight Goku (Who is stronger than Buuhan).

I don't agree with this because Fat Buu seems not to be type of Buu that can train fast and non-stop to the point that in only less than 40 hours can fight Goku, unless they are gonna say like Frieza, that if he can train he gets vastly stronger, but then again according to the writers and from what i have seen in Super there is not that much difference in power from Base to SSB, so in the Tournament everyone (By starting from Krillin) will be comparable (In a inconsistent way) to Goku, since like i said previously the Battle Royal will be a mess for the scaling (This is why i dislike this arc of Super).

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
TheC2 said:
No... Future Zamasu was sealed. It was said that if Beerus killed Zamasu again the same things would occur... Also, Zamasu as an Immortal can not be killed by Beerus...
Forgot about that. I thought he went before Future Zamasu became immortal. Then again, it's been awhile since I saw the episode.

Thank you for the correction.

@MeleeniumRXJ

How is the timeline shallow? IIRC, Whis says that he can return Trunks and Mai to their time before it was erased and will inform Future Beerus to take care of Future Zamasu thus ensuring that it will be free of the event that lead to its' destruction. That would mean that this divergent timeline will have experienced everything the original did up to the point Zamasu started meddling.

Everyone they knew is still alive, even if there is another pair of Trunks and Mai running around. Heck, the original Future Trunks and Mai are happy to go it.

But then again, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

@TheC2 It being a divergent timeline that experienced everything the original did, doesn't stop it from being just that. A divergent timeline. Would you be okay with being killed if you were told there's an exact copy of you in a parallel universe? Probably not, because you would still be gone. By that same token, you would still be sad if your loved ones were killed, even if you knew there were exact copies of them in a parallel universe. The ones you knew still died permanently

There's really only one way to look at it. Trunks went to a copy of his timeline. His is still gone, along with everyone he knew and fought so hard to protect.

And by the way, all known timelines in Dragon Ball are divergence of one another. They all become identical if you go back far enough. That doesn't mean the events of any given one don't matter simply because there's another timeline where those events didn't happen.

Considering how the OP only had Buu holding a Dragonball and show up next to people I think they will edit in his new form since it doesnt seem like too much of a hassle.

With the show's tepmo "everyone is op now, look even Satan can tank a planetery ki blast", GT is going to look like gold by the end of this arc. Not hating on it or anything, I'm just feeling really pesimistic...

I think Buu could be changed. This arc is only in the beginning and has already had several revisions, one more won't hurt.

@MeleeniumRXJ The problem with what you're saying is that Trunks and Mai are all to happy too go to that divergent time line. They have zero issues with it and don't bring up any reservations about it. Despite everything that's happened, they got a second chance and are taking it with a smile.

It's the difference between the glass being half full or half empty.

There's more then one way to look at it because obviously I have a different opinion than you about the entire matter.

Also, my entire point was that Zamasu's actions have done nothing in the long run. He has been all but removed from existence across multiple timelines. There doesn't exist a time period where he got what he wanted. The people he hurt have gotten another chance without him interfering. That was where I was coming from.

But we might as well stop. We're both coming from two different points of view in this matter, we'll never get anywhere in convinicing the other. Let's just enjoy the rest of the thread.

Thanks, its just the mere concept of Super actually planning something 63 episodes in advance is mind blowing.

RadicalMrR said:
Thanks, its just the mere concept of Super actually planning something 63 episodes in advance is mind blowing.
I don't think they planned too much into it, maybe the episode producer remembered episode 19 and said *** lets roll with that lol. But yeah, 28 planets doesn't look arbitray at all

@TheC2

You are exaggerating how happy Trunks and Mai were. When they first heard that there would be doubles of them, they were in shock and a bit distraught. They reluctantly accepted that reality because it's better than getting nothing. But to say that everything was completely reversed, or that they even saw it that way, is false.

I mean jeez, did you not see Trunks crying while seeing Gohan as he was leaving, going on about how he failed to protect everyone? Obviously he sees the new timeline he's going to as nothing more than a replacement, and not the original being restored. Him being "all too happy" isn't quite true. He knows damage has been done, but is happy with what he can get.

And it's not a matter of opinion that Trunks' original timeline got erased. It did get erased and it is in fact gone. Along with the people with it. And it's not a matter glass half full, half empty. It's simply a new glass of water.

Zamasu's actions have destroyed Trunks' timeline. There's no getting around that. And no other villain has come close to causing that irreplacable damage. And I already agreed with you that Zamasu didn't achieve his true goal. That's not the point I'm making. The point I'm making is, he did in fact do something that was irreversable. Fact. Not opinion.

So if Whis is the ultimate midwife able to remove a baby with no pain whatsoever can he also just take out peoples internal organs with the same technique

Joseph619 said:
It appears the 28 planets is not a WIS, it was conceived way back in RoF arc episode 19
2qv8rkh
that's weird because I think they said something about rebels from planet Frieza 448 (I don't remember if it's from the movie or the anime though) which means Frieza had at least 448 planets with life (no interest to have an empty planet).

Not to mention Frieza 79 that was mentioned before Vegeta went to Namek.

79 thing could have gone down second frieza 448 could be a name and the other 447 have no life anymore but are still called frieza planets.

Anyway when you think about it, Beerus f*cked 8.5 planets with life (if he destroyed them, it's because someone angered him for some reason. He has no reason to destroy an empty planet) in first eps (more than 30% of the current total of planets with life).

I still think it's a justification to explain why Goku and the others don't go in space to search for more warriors but that was not necessary: the 40 hours countdown was enough already.

Ah also I just thought about something ... Frieza's soldiers (when commanded by Sorbet) were fighting against several rebels and had problems to control the empire. If that's the case that definitely shows there were more than one planet with life among those that were controlled by Frieza.

Can't forget that fact that they never revived anyone or anything after the universal clash between Beerus and Goku. A lot of planets could've died in that.

Well of we count filler the south east and west kais were already dead when king kai and goku went to heaven possible that their quadrants are destroyed too many mortals must be dead already makes sense of only 28 planets with mortal life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back