• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people are still trying to defend Dragonball's logic. We already have absurd scaling b/c of the plot, now we have this. The story flip-flops 24/7 and it is nothing new. We already have Pikon's existence, which is bad enough.

SSJ Goku < Perfect Cell < Super Perfect Cell < Pikon (effortlessly one-shot Cell, at that) < SSJ Goku?

I am fairly certain that this was before Goku was able to train and unlock SSJ2. Either way, we also have Kid Buu. Stated to be the most powerful version of Buu (not most dangerous, literally stated to be the most powerful), yet everything else says no.

Kid Buu < SSJ3 Goku (Goku stated at max power he could have killed Kid Buu) < Super Buu < Buuhan < Kid Buu?! Even if we say "only non-Z warrior forms", that still puts him stronger than Super Buu and thus stronger than SSJ3 Goku by a fair margin, even though SSJ3 said he could have beaten him.

DB has plot holes and bad scaling; always has, always will. Roshi will be 3-A by the end of this.

Krillin will probably go even with base form Gohan now that he has his "fighting spirit" back, and they seem to imply that he is up to par now (the "image battle" Goku and Gohan have is disregarded by Goku, implying he believes Krillin to be on the level of Basil and the like). The scaling is about to be thrown upside down and turned inside out.

Assaltwaffle said:
I don't know why people are still trying to defend Dragonball's logic. We already have absurd scaling b/c of the plot, now we have this. The story flip-flops 24/7 and it is nothing new. We already have Pikon's existence, which is bad enough.

SSJ Goku < Perfect Cell < Super Perfect Cell < Pikon (effortlessly one-shot Cell, at that) < SSJ Goku?

I am fairly certain that this was before Goku was able to train and unlock SSJ2. Either way, we also have Kid Buu. Stated to be the most powerful version of Buu (not most dangerous, literally stated to be the most powerful), yet everything else says no.

Kid Buu < SSJ3 Goku (Goku stated at max power he could have killed Kid Buu) < Super Buu < Buuhan < Kid Buu?! Even if we say "only non-Z warrior forms", that still puts him stronger than Super Buu and thus stronger than SSJ3 Goku by a fair margin, even though SSJ3 said he could have beaten him.

DB has plot holes and bad scaling; always has, always will. Roshi will be 3-A by the end of this.
Why is super buu stronger than ss3 goku and kid buu by a wide margain

A partial explanation is that Frieza, Buu, and Beerus killed off most of U7's life. Frieza's empire also probably collapsed after he was killed a second time, so all his collonies probably died off too. Heck, maybe that parasite thing that possessed Berry also killed off a lot of civilizations.

RadicalMrR said:
@Assalt can u give me the manga panel of Buu being called the strongest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAXnbyCS1NI

Not the best video but it has good points and panels. For example, it shows the quote of Kid Buu losing strength after absorbing someone. In the anime (not really cannon in comparison to the manga, I know, but it still generally gets across implications) Elder Kai states that "they weakened him" in reference to the others Kais. This includes his Buff Buu state, which was achieved by absorbing a powerful and not timid or overly innocent Kai. In fact, in the Manga it actually seems to imply that each fusion weakens him, since they remark that "isn't he getting stronger" in regards to Super Buu becoming Buff Buu.

Of course that video also tries to rationalize the situation by saying that Goku underestimated Kid Buu, but it was more than likely just good ole' fashioned PIS.

Here is the scaling of the Buu's during the Buu Saga: Buuhan > Buutenks > Super Buu > Buff Buu > Kid Buu > Evil Buu > Fat/Good Buu.

About Krillin, he seems to have regained confidence and strength, by common logic the maximum Tier he might have after some training is likely 5-A, however the timeframe for the training is incredibly short.

According to the writers [We previously saw Base Gohan and Piccolo getting a big upgrade for only a little sessions of training, Super Saiyan 2 Trunks fight with Future Zamasu and Ros├¿ Black, Goku getting scratched by a bullet, saying that he is off-training and then shortly later saying that he has reached new limits, the planets thing and etc.] by judging from the next episode Krillin is MFTL 4-B (From fighting evenly with Gohan and Goku` to probably MFTL+ 3-A ´They will pull a Krillin fighting SSB Goku since he damaged Super Shenron Mist`.

A jump from 5-B to 4-B or 3-A is incredibly inconsistent for a human like Krillin given that the timeframe is short and because it was stated that he regained his power some episodes ago and is required a lot of time ´which there is not` for him to rise in power that much, so it's oblivious to say that this big jump is forced by the writers in order to fit him/required by the plot in the tournament, since it will likely be a messy Battle Royal where everyone (4-B to 3-A beings) are likely gonna match each other, it will end that: Roshi, Krillin, Tien, Android 18, Android 17, Piccolo, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Base Gohan, Base Trunks, Base Vegito, Tagoma, Tagoma Ginyu, Base Rof Frieza, Botamo, Current Fat Buu, Basil, Frost, Watagash, Lavender, Cabba, Magetta, Normal Bergamo and all the others of the Tournament of Power are going to be a Higher 4-B level or straight 3-A.

I think a possibility relating to the whole "28 remaining planets with life" thing is because of the Goku/Beerus universal clash. They were decimating planets and stars several light years to possibly millions of light years away. As a result, many of those planets may have contained life and were unfortunently destroyed.

Again, this is possible, and not completely factual.

It's just Toei's garbage writing, we fans could a whole lot better job with the series, and personally, if I had creative control, I'd make everyone 1-B or higher, just to piss of the Marvel/DC fanboys.

I mean no disrespect but making everyone in Dragon Ball 1-B, especially just to spite a fanbase, would be garbage writing. Much worse than anything Toei has put out.

@Vegan Gains I'm sorry but what you're saying isn't absurd enough to be able to tell as a joke at first. Poe's Law.

I have heard countless people legitamately desire higher dimensional, High 1-B, 1-A or even Tier 0 Dragon Ball characters and go on about it all the time. Almost always because they still haven't gotten over a comic fanboy's 3 year old video lol

Of course I don't mind others' opinions or what people want out of the series. But I feel a super duper haxxed, 19248238974138-D Goku would make it god awful and take away everything people liked about Dragon Ball.

Especially if doing this for the pure reason of wanting Goku to be OP or spiting others. Suggsverse happens when you make characters OP for the sake of OP and spiting other communities. I love Dragon Ball too much to advocate for it becoming Suggsverse.

Seriously Goku vs Superman was like what, 3 years ago. Now we have people wanting omnipotent Goku....I can't make this up.... I can understant an omnipotent being. But only if they handle them correctly.

GoD: Beerus

Villain: Freaking Zamasu of course

Transformation: SSJG and SSJBKK

Episode: Vegeta vs Cabba

Fight: Goku vs Hit and Goku and Vegeta vs Zamasu and Black

Character: Vegeta, Beerus or Cabba.

Sidali891 said:
I think a possibility relating to the whole "28 remaining planets with life" thing is because of the Goku/Beerus universal clash. They were decimating planets and stars several light years to possibly millions of light years away. As a result, many of those planets may have contained life and were unfortunently destroyed.

Again, this is possible, and not completely factual.
This actually makes sense.

Vegan Gains said:
It's just Toei's garbage writing, we fans could a whole lot better job with the series, and personally, if I had creative control, I'd make everyone 1-B or higher, just to piss of the Marvel/DC fanboys.

That's suggsverse level of quality writing.

About the 28 planets with life we have to remember majin buu most likely destroyed an absurd number of planets with life.

Not to mention Beerus: remember the old kai stated he destroy 8.5 planets (and at least two of them had life but ... since no one can piss him on a lifeless planets all of them had most likely life on it) just a few hours after he wake up ... a few HOURS! So imagine the number of planets with life he destroyed during millions of years!

Like some persons said, Goku and Beerus destroyed planets with the shockwave ... we also have that time Beerus and Champa fought (destroying planets with their kicks and punches).

But despites all that 28 planets is definitely a mistake made by Toei: when you think about it "Frieza 79" is a planet owned by Frieza (also a base for his army). Also it is said in fukkatsu no F that planet "Frieza 448" rebelled against Frieza's army and that rebels regained control of the planet.

Which means there are at least (most likely more) 448 planets with life that were owned by Frieza ... and we're not even talking about planets with life that are no owned by Frieza.

Also it makes even less sense when you think about the diversity of races in frieza's army. I hope they'll retcon that or something because frankly it doesn't make any sense to have only 28 planets with life even if some of them were destroyed by Beerus or Majin Buu.

What if the "28 planets" statement is purposely meant to be so stupid and obviously wrong? As to emphacize why U7's rank is so low due to its incompetant Kaioshin?

ovo

Jeune fou said:
Also it makes even less sense when you think about the diversity of races in frieza's army. I hope they'll retcon that or something because frankly it doesn't make any sense to have only 28 planets with life even if some of them were destroyed by Beerus or Majin Buu.
Pretty sure the races in Frieza's army were mostly wiped out and only the strongest remaining were incorporated into his empire.

Anybody hate the fact that we have again an enitre month of nothing but fillers?

Why are we getting the fillers of same characters again and again?

Why Krillin? Why not Tien?

He is a far better fighter and character than Krillin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back