• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
"First!" "Following!" "Commenting to get notifications."

Got the typical first responses out of the way lol

...............................................................................Dragon Ball Super.......................................................................

Imagine if DB would Take Concepts Like Game Master from Umineko or Takyoku from Masada o Lawa/Azathoth particles F rom Demonbane :v

@Extrene123dz Probably never gonna happen, toriyama isn't about all that complicated dimensional stuff, plus as i have said before this would literally change the way db is, once you get to those ridiculous levels it's not longer about punching and kicking and ki blast, db is a martial arts/action series, and as much as us vs guys would love it a lot of ppl would hate it.

2-C is the highest it's going imo, plus i wouldn't like any series i like being on masada levels of being 1-A, you can't use them in vs matches.

I don't think more complex themes/topics are out of the question. Sometimes I say DB refuses to be a bit more complicated and prefer the simple approach but then they introduce things like the Void Realm, and go back to Time Travel shenanigans. Something even Rick and Morty for an odd reason won't tackle (great show btw). As I've said before Tier changes aren't what's needed at the moment, that would be more hax and versatility and that's what we've been getting slowly but surely.

Exactly, we don't need anymore transformations or tier jumps, we need hax, the lack of hax is just ridiculous, there is the accomplishment of db characters getting to tier 3 and 2 but it's honestly hallow imo if almost anyone can beat them cause of the lack of hax.

Don't pitch fork me, sometimes i wish db never reached this high, if you're are going on this cosmic level either you give the characters some cosmic hax or don't put them to that level at all, seems half assed imo.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Don't pitch fork me, sometimes i wish db never reached this high, if you're are going on this cosmic level either you give the characters some cosmic hax or don't put them to that level at all, seems half assed imo.
True. But it is likely the writers aren't thinking about vs debates when making this.

Celestial Pegasus said:
if you're are going on this cosmic level either you give the characters some cosmic hax or don't put them to that level at all, seems half assed imo.
Not really half assed when you consider VS debating is an extremely niche thing, authors don't give a shit if "can my character beat one from another series" and shouldn't unless they want to pop out a Suggs.

Well yea toriyama is just trying to make a fun story, continuing off what dragon ball has been about, so their aren't any significant changes in terms of the characters lacking hax, but it's a problem that they are getting stronger and stronger, and supposed to be gods, but they don't really feel like it, they have godly raw power indeed, but where are the godly abilities? The gods and angels certainty seem to have a little bit of that, but it's not enough imo, anyway i am just going to accept dragon ball for what it is and has always been about.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but speaking of resistances does anyone think Zeno should have resistance to the Hakai? There is not much hard evidence for it, but I have a hard time seeing anything in Beerus arsenal stopping Zeno granted how the gap in power between the two has been drilled in our heads repeatidly. I mean no one keeps it a secret that Zeno could thrash everyone and not a thing can be done to stop him as of now.

I'm sorry but I will never view "they aren't very powerful" or "they don't have enough hax" as a legitamate criticism for any form of media.

Ryukama said:
Not really half assed when you consider VS debating is an extremely niche thing, authors don't give a shit if "can my character beat one from another series" and shouldn't unless they want to pop out a Suggs.
I agree, I mean it's not really difficult to make a DBS character tier 0, with a few retcon adjustments. Just reveal the verse is infinite dimensional, each dimension has infinite universes and each universe has infinite timelines. Quality > quantity

@Ryukama Dragon ball started as a comedy/adventure manga and since become a martial arts, action series, it's all about the fights, what i am asking for is just a bit more diversity to the fights instead of the same old kick, punch, ki blast, i am not looking for like some masadaverse hax, cause that's against what the series is about, it's never been about the hax, and probably never will.

I would also like a some more variety when it comes to powers. But I think calling a show "half-assed" cause they didn't give their cosmic tier characters hax is a little bit too much in my opinion.

Dragon ball has just been doing what it's always been doing, and has no care how powerful the characters are compared to other characters, but we do which is the issue as we have to deal with the horrendous mismatches that's it's causing, i mean no other series really has this big an issue, once you get to a certain level of power, you get at least some hax, which is not the case which dragon ball, i guess i was just hoping that the series would evolve to include some more variety to the characters abilities, but it's still for the most part the same, probably my fault for having too much expectations.

Also I believe I can confidently say that 99% of the people who non-stop go on about wanting Goku to be a concept manipulating reality warper who transcends dimensions and wins his fights by negating dura a thousand different ways would never like the show enough to want it to be OP had they done that crap from the beginning.

You like the show because it's about a badass, crazy strong martial artist getting into intense physical fights with people. Don't vouch for it to completely change everything it is just cause you're salty there are people out there that beat Goku in a fight lol

Please note I'm not talking about anyone particularly in this thread. Rather something I have seen quite a bit of from others in my personal experience.

Rather than giving out random hax Toriyama should focus on ending arcs without using dragon balls. It's as bad as nakama power up in fairy tail, nothing is at stake because dragon balls fix everything at the end. Future Trunks arc was a good exception.

As for hax, Bleach has tons of them and look what happened. Even many die hard fans despise Bleach now.

Well trunks timeline didn't get restored with the dragon balls so that's a start, was a pretty dark ending for dragon balls standard.

Bleach wrote itself into a corner from the stuff yhwach was pulling it had to have had an asspull way too beat him, like it's fine to have some hax and threat from the villians but yhwach was just ridiculous, i don't want that in dragon ball, although if kubo had more time it could have been better but seriously yhwach was too broken.

Well ive thought of a bunch of really cool powers that dont really break the series.

Make it so the destructo disk atomizes the area it hits.

Since Zamasu is a God a creation wouldnt it have been cool if he made black holes which the characters had to use ki to stop from expanding.

What if Beerus had corrosive Ki which started disintegrating anything that comes into contact with it, this would help differentiate a GoD from a Super Saiyan god making all the gods in turn more unique.

I just realized how vulnerable Vegeta is even in DBS. Whis/Daishinkan can easily BFR Vegeta into void, and Vegeta will die in a blink. By martial arts standard, DBS is already pretty broken for the main characters.

I think it's kinda sad. IMO the angels and GoD have a lot of hax, but there isn't anyone they can really use it on. For example, Whis said it is taboo for gods of destructions to fight eachother. Angels are not allowed to interfere in anything, the Daishinkan is stated to be the strongest fighter in the multiverse in the manga (Zeno doesnt fight) and there isn't anyone that can threaten him to the point he would need to use any special power. And Zeno..... really just needs to blink to beat anyone.

Well not really pre super it was combat speed > travel. But super hasn't really given much in combat speed so it's ify if that's still a thing in super. Aleast until we get a good reaction feat and is way higher then their current travel feats.

From TOEI site we got new information:

Universe 2 God of Destruction Helles (Female one) VA: Masumi Asano The God of Destruction for Universe 2. She's extraordinarily beauty-conscious, and doesn't do well with anything ugly.

Universe 11 Warrior Toppo

VA: Jiro Saito
Leader of the hero team "Pride Troopers", guardians of peace in Universe 11. A hot-blooded and gigantic warrior of justice. He's so strong that he's even been scouted as a candidate for the next God of Destruction.

Toppo should be likely 3-A it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back