• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

2) I’d say much of the same, but now Tao has to adapt to fighting a slightly faster than himself fighter. Though, to be quite honest, given Yang IS faster than him by that small margin, so long as she opens with her unique abilities (Like her Dust), I could see her clenching a win via the element of surprise. The issue is that Yang really doesn’t do that. She’s a straightforward brawler, and while technically isn’t afraid to use Dust, it is almost never her first option in combat. Instead she relies on her bread and butter combos and her Semblance to do the talking, with explosive shots here and there. (Much like how she plays in Cross Tag…) which would probably leave her open to Tao’s vastly superior fighting capabilities compared to her.
Mind commenting this in the thread?

Is there a way to calc the Genki-Dama used against Kid Buu? Since it contained the energy of the entire universe. Surely that would yield something higher than Solar System level.

Is there a way to calc the Genki-Dama used against Kid Buu? Since it contained the energy of the entire universe. Surely that would yield something higher than Solar System level.
I mean, you’d first have to prove that the energy the Spirit Bomb gets from celestial objects is actually equal to the energy of the celestial object. And I doubt you could, because how much energy they have/can give seems to vary wildly.

I mean, you’d first have to prove that the energy the Spirit Bomb gets from celestial objects is actually equal to the energy of the celestial object. And I doubt you could, because how much energy they have/can give seems to vary wildly.
In fact, we can do this, there is mention of genkidama taking energy from the planets, even from the sun itself, that would be easy.

They do not get the whole energy the celestial body has, though, just some of it. Same with living beings

Otherwise, just by using the genkidama anyone who gives energy to the genkidama would die due to giving away all their energy

Random question how many crts are currently active, because I'm working on one and almost gonna post it?

Edit: nvm so I checked myself and luffy's crt got closed temporarily so Ima post it after luffy's crt gets concluded.

Last edited:
He does not say that, though. He says you should be careful with how much energy you gather, otherwise you may end up destroying the Earth, not that the power of the Sun alone is enough to destroy the Earth
What if we just assume that all the stars in the Universe give an earth destruction amount of joules. Since according to NASA there’s one septillion stars in the universe.

I think that’s a reasonable lowball.

Also, I got multiple scans of the spirit bomb using the energy from the Universe for Z manga.

What if we just assume that all the stars in the Universe give an earth destruction amount of joules. Since according to NASA there’s one septillion stars in the universe.

Also, I got multiple scans of the spirit bomb using the energy from the Universe for Z manga.
We can do something about the Buu saga, I sometimes feel that the Buu saga is not a solar system, but rather 3-B to low 2-C.

He does not say that, though. He says you should be careful with how much energy you gather, otherwise you may end up destroying the Earth, not that the power of the Sun alone is enough to destroy the Earth
Doesn't say it verbatim, but implies it heavily. He claims Goku ''may'' end up destroying Earth if he taps into the powers of the Sun.

Being very conservative, If we assume just 1% of the stars in just the universe are similar to or larger than the sun:

1x10^22 * 2.487x10^32 J = 2.487x10^54 J (Solar System level)
About 25 million times higher than Cell's Solar Kamehameha.

If we include every star it's:

1x10^24 * 2.487x10^32 J = 2.487x10^56 J (Still Solar System level) ._.

Doesn't say it verbatim, but implies it heavily. He claims Goku ''may'' end up destroying Earth if he taps into the powers of the Sun.
No, they are not related at all. They are comments completely unrelated

First, he compares what the power from a Genkidama could be if made from Earth, and wonders what Goku could do if he learnt to tape the power from the Sun

Then he warns Goku he should be careful not to destroy the planet with such a powerful energy. Not that if he uses the power of the Sun he'd immediatly gain a planet bust ability.

It's not "If you learn yo gain power from the Sun, you could destroy the Earth!". It is "If you could gather that amount of energy here, imagine on Earth! If you could gain energy from the Sun too… well, just be careful you do not destroy the planet using this technique". Which, considering just gathering energy from Earth is enough to damage planet buster beings, kinda proves one should be careful without even considering Sun's energy

Jeez ... what year is it? 2019?

Even ignoring the narrator statement ... its pretty clear that Gokus spirit bomb had U7 entire energy: From Gokus place to hell and the atmosphere of afterlife. And the fact they were desperated as shit and made it pretty clear to gather all the energy they could ... yeah, it was strong as fukk.

How strong? Idk. But we do know what fodders can tribute to a spirit bomb.

You guys aint ready for modern scaling of Dragonball 🤣

The point is, you can't really quantify the amount of energy they get. It is not the entirety of the energy of the being, since otherwise stars and living beings would've died

And quantification is really impossible. I.e., this "modern scaling" would result in nothing acceptable for the wiki, since there is no reliable source of how much energy one gets from star, planets, nor living beings.

The point is, you can't really quantify the amount of energy they get. It is not the entirety of the energy of the being, since otherwise stars and living beings would've died

And quantification is really impossible. I.e., this "modern scaling" would result in nothing acceptable for the wiki, since there is no reliable source of how much energy one gets from star, planets, nor living beings.

Brotha I just stick to the right translation, what DBS/Kai used and the things we do know like what absolute fodders can tribute to a spirit bomb. We do know the sun > earth & namek.

You can calc it and lowball it.

What if it had universe busting powaaa? Shit add all the things that makes Kid Buu a universal buster and the things ive said about the genkidama and I wouldnt be suprised :p:p:p
take all the energy of every celestial body in the universe alongside all living things and the max you get would be like, high end Solar System level to Multi Solar System level, at max

take all the energy of every celestial body in the universe alongside all living things and the max you get would be like, high end Solar System level to Multi Solar System level, at max

Fiction in general doesnt work like that but that wasnt my point:

I wouldnt be surprised if authors intent was like "Come on universe busting spirit bombbbb" due the amount of universal stuff when it comes to Kid Buu and the Genkidama. There speaks more for it than against it.

Btw. you forgot the atmosphere - theres no 100% proof - but i do think it can take le powa from black holes and such.

Fiction in general doesnt work like that but that wasnt my point:

I wouldnt be surprised if authors intent was like "Come on universe busting spirit bombbbb" due the amount of universal stuff when it comes to Kid Buu and the Genkidama. There speaks more for it than against it.

Btw. you forgot the atmosphere - theres no 100% proof - but i do think it can take le powa from black holes and such.
Given the first universal feat is BoG done by characters unimaginably more powerful, I doubt the intent was universal busting spirit bomb…

Given the first universal feat is BoG done by characters unimaginably more powerful, I doubt the intent was universal busting spirit bomb…
Dragon Ball was retconned, genkidama became Universal and the power that Majin Buu absorbed made him on that scale, there is hundreds of evidence of this, btw, the BoG 2-C feat and not Universal, lol.

DBZ ended 1996.

DBS was like 2015? Like bro ...

One DBS weirdo can oneshot the universe with one punch, the other DBZ dude needs multiple punches or maybe even a special technqiue/charged KI blast for the same result. I dont see the problem ... I do think Kid Buu is in the multi galaxy range, so I dont wanna buff him to universal but if you wanna play teh game then ima pull the Moro arch card.

Dragon Ball was retconned, genkidama became Universal and the power that Majin Buu absorbed made him on that scale, there is hundreds of evidence of this, btw, the BoG 2-C feat and not Universal, lol.
It’s only 2-C off of a technicality with the site standards, Elder Kai literally says the universe would be a vacuum devoid of matter and there’s 0 indication of entire timeline destruction.

It’s only 2-C off of a technicality with the site standards, Elder Kai literally says the universe would be a vacuum devoid of matter and there’s 0 indication of entire timeline destruction.
not to mention no quote about it affecting the entire past present and future as it is required for tier 2 feats

Did you actually see the work? Onda arrived in another kingdom that is outside the Universe, it is not just a 3-A feat, but a 2-C feat, even though he has quotes about leaving everything empty, there is evidence that he crossed another world and went to the Kaioshin realm which has separate space-time, lol

Did you actually see the work? Onda arrived in another kingdom that is outside the Universe, it is not just a 3-A feat, but a 2-C feat, even though he has quotes about leaving everything empty, there is evidence that he crossed another world and went to the Kaioshin realm which has separate space-time, lol
Yeah I have seen the work, that’s why I said what I said and you just reinforced what I said. It’s only 2-C based on a site technicality and it doesn’t meet any standards for low 2-C lmao

The statements we use to prove 2-C only describe 3-A and are very strictly ONLY 3-A. 2-C is based on a technicality not logic or evidence.

They do not get the whole energy the celestial body has, though, just some of it. Same with living beings

Otherwise, just by using the genkidama anyone who gives energy to the genkidama would die due to giving away all their energy
Sure, but what I mean is like—For example, New Namek. The Energy in New Namek is so strong it can harm a Multiversal Threat. Moro specifically is using the Life Force/Spirit/Soul of a Planet to smack people, and it hurts Vegeta pretty easily. Later, Moro does this with Earth, and he’s able to totally harm himself with its Life Force. Which means Planets in Dragon Ball have absurd amounts of Energy. (This is backed up by Granolah using Planet Cereal’s and being just as effective.)

While technically only taking a bit of the planet’s energy could technically rectify this, do recall that Goku specifically took everything he could from Earth and that’s EXPLICITLY he needed the PEOPLE of Earth to lend their Energy, because it wasn’t enough. Similarly, against Frieza, he took everything he could from the Namekian Solar System, and New Namek is said to be pretty similar to normal Namek. So I don’t see how this would make any tangible sense. Unless we say the Spirit Bomb can’t draw beyond a certain Energy threshold, in which case the entire proposal falls flat entirely. (Not that I agree with it to begin with.)

Yeah I have seen the work, that’s why I said what I said and you just reinforced what I said. It’s only 2-C based on a site technicality and it doesn’t meet any standards for low 2-C lmao

If it's a problem with the website then refute it, as there is evidence contradicting your ideas
The statements we use to prove 2-C only describe 3-A and are very strictly ONLY 3-A. 2-C is based on a technicality not logic or evidence.
Of course, affecting spacetime outside the Universe is a 3-A feat only, i don't even know why I'm arguing with you.

If it's a problem with the website then refute it, as there is evidence contradicting your ideas

Of course, affecting spacetime outside the Universe is a 3-A feat only, i don't even know why I'm arguing with you.
You’re mischaracterising the evidence, and I don’t care enough to make a CRT lmao

Current Goku would be 2-C via IZ no matter what. It’s less of a “DBS isn’t 2-C” and more “BoG is explicitly 3-A via feats and statements”.
Since the Time Room is still accepted, (for jow), BoG—Funnily enough—Is Low 2-C. Since it would destroy that too, and thus the space-time continuum of the Macrocosm. Of course, it would be a “by proxy” thing instead of scaling directly to physicals, (like how blowing up the SDBs doesn’t scale you to Super Shenron), but it IS an interesting thing to note.

Unless this in itself is the technicality.

Back