• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

He claimed Gogeta could beat Zeno.
Doesn't Black also scale to such an insane level with his hax that even SSBE Gogeta barely managed to win before defusing? That would mean:
  • Godslayer Hearts
  • Gogeta (Blue/Blue Evolved)
  • Universe Tree Fu
  • Universe Tree Goku
  • FP Super Saiyan Rose 3 Black
All surpass Zeno. Should also be able to toss in CC UI Goku, the Xeno fusions, CC Vegito and Dark King Demigra.

Doesn't Black also scale to such an insane level with his hax that even SSBE Gogeta barely managed to win? That would mean:
  • Godslayer Hearts
  • Gogeta (Blue/Blue Evolved)
  • Universe Tree Fu
  • Universe Tree Goku
  • FP Super Saiyan Rose 3 Black
All surpass Zeno. Should also be able to toss in CC UI Goku, the Xeno fusions, CC Vegito and Dark King Demigra.
I was using that line as an example of why you should take quotes about Heroes characters being compared to Heroes Zeno with a spoonful of salt.

The difference between the Universe Tree and Godslayer Hearts is immense, and both times characters go "he might be on the same level as Zeno!" It's unlikely it's actually true and just hype (basically the SDBH version of "he's even stronger/on the same level as Beerus!")

I was using that line as an example of why you should take quotes about Heroes characters being compared to Heroes Zeno without a spoonful of salt.

The difference between the Universe Tree and Godslayer Hearts is immense, and both times characters go "he might be on the same level as Zeno!" It's unlikely it's actually true and just hype (basically the SDBH version of "he's even stronger/on the same level as Beerus!")
Issue is, the Beerus statements normally get contradicted within an arc. I don't believe there has been anything to indicate Hearts was ever incorrect.

Issue is, the Beerus statements normally get contradicted within an arc. I don't believe there has been anything to indicate Hearts was ever incorrect.
It's contradicted when the characters claim Fu "might" be on the same level of existence as Zeno upon claiming the Universe Tree's power. Zeno's the moving goalpost of Heroes.

It's contradicted when the characters claim Fu "might" be on the same level of existence as Zeno upon claiming the Universe Tree's power. Zeno's the moving goalpost of Heroes.
Where did they say 'might'? The profile for Fu links to Hearts stating Fu was becoming akin to Zeno's existence and that was before Fu absorbed the Universe Tree's power. And Fu himself even claims his power 'surpasses the gods themselves'.

Where did they say 'might'? The profile for Fu links to Hearts stating Fu was becoming akin to Zeno's existence and that was before Fu absorbed the Universe Tree's power. And Fu himself even claims his power 'surpasses the gods themselves'.
I believe the Hearts quote refers to Fu taking on the Universe Tree, which he was doing at the time.

I saw some pages before about making Aeos canon, but I could totally believe that’s the case. Most of DBH is about Demons ******* with Time. Now, what is the upcoming DB Series about?

The Demon Realm.

What’s going on in the plot?

The Demons are fixated with a certain point in time (the Buu Saga) and de-age the characters. (in other words, messing with their personal time.)

Admittedly a big reach, but Toriyama has DONE this type of stuff before. It’s not even the first time game elements were implemented into canon. (Towa appearing in Kakarot, Vomi—Gero’s wife from FighterZ—Hell, DBO is a Toriyama-Written FUTURE to Dragon Ball.)

So imagine, just for a little bit, that Daima is actually Toriyama making DBH canon and how immensely hilarious that concept is. (Even though that’s probably not what’s happening.)

He claimed Gogeta could beat Zeno.
Gogeta in the manga states that he knows Zeno and that his and Fu’s level of power is weaker than Zeno. Nobody in Heroes is even above the G.o.D’s beside U.T characters + the characters who upscale from them. Also, nobody in heroes scales to the angels in strength as they’re still weaker than them.

Fu overestimates his own strength pretty much.

It looks like, once again, Death Battle is actively choosing to use multiple different versions of Superman for this Death Battle, just like in the last two. Not a composite Superman, just cherrypicking specific versions with feats they like that the more casual audience won't have trouble understanding I guess.

It looks like, once again, Death Battle is actively choosing to use multiple different versions of Superman for this Death Battle, just like in the last two. Not a composite Superman, just cherrypicking specific versions with feats they like that the more casual audience won't have trouble understanding I guess.

Infinite Frontier Superman is a canon composite of like Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Supes tho

Infinite Frontier Superman is a canon composite of like Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Supes tho
Yeah, they're explicitly using Infinite Frontier Superman, which means Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis (Pre-Flashpoint), New 52 (Post-Flashpoint), and Rebirth all combined into one character/Canon Composite of all eras of normal/main Superman.

Edit: It also wouldn't really matter if they did pick and choose feats, because Supermen of different eras have thrown hands with each other, making them for all intents and purposes pretty much relative and able to be cross scaled. Golden Age Superman and SIlver Age (as in different periods of Pre-Crisis) duked it out and were relative, then later a stronger Golden Age Superman fought Post Crisis Clark and they were relative too. I also remember New 52 fought Rebirth and they were even, and Rebirth was Pre-52 + New 52 continuity wise. So they're all roughly comparable. And Infinite Frontier is canonically all of those canons put together, meaning regardless he gets at least ONE instance of where he scales to wacky comic BS.

Last edited:
So looking for heat resistance stuff for the thread, I came across this, and the implications of it are so funny so long as you took it seriously (I'm not, and even if I were I think you could easily say that Goku's capacity to breathe in other, worse environments with no oxygen means he could survive for a limited time in space rather than a full blown capacity to do. Death to space also isn't instant and does take time).

Ignoring all of that for the funnies, it is Anime Goku deadass breathing in space for a few moments (with no sign of struggle whatsoever.)

Last edited:
So looking for heat resistance stuff for the thread, I came across this, and the implications of it are so funny so long as you took it seriously (I'm not, and even if I were I think you could easily say that Goku's capacity to breathe in other, worse environments with no oxygen means he could survive for a limited time in space rather than a full blown capacity to do. Death to space also isn't instant and does take time).

Ignoring all of that for the funnies, it is Anime Goku deadass breathing in space for a few moments (with no sign of struggle whatsoever.)
I still believe it's a lie told to people Saiyans by Frieza and all this so Frieza can colonize everything and have control over them ( cut off the means of escape and you are guaranteeing your money for the day )

Goku has shown breathing in the vacuum of space several times, even when he was a child, and in the Zamasu arc, he was able to breathe in a void without oxygen or anything like that.

Yeah, they're explicitly using Infinite Frontier Superman, which means Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis (Pre-Flashpoint), New 52 (Post-Flashpoint), and Rebirth all combined into one character/Canon Composite of all eras of normal/main Superman.

Edit: It also wouldn't really matter if they did pick and choose feats, because Supermen of different eras have thrown hands with each other, making them for all intents and purposes pretty much relative and able to be cross scaled. Golden Age Superman and SIlver Age (as in different periods of Pre-Crisis) duked it out and were relative, then later a stronger Golden Age Superman fought Post Crisis Clark and they were relative too. I also remember New 52 fought Rebirth and they were even, and Rebirth was Pre-52 + New 52 continuity wise. So they're all roughly comparable. And Infinite Frontier is canonically all of those canons put together, meaning regardless he gets at least ONE instance of where he scales to wacky comic BS.
Is it the same author or are they all at least involved and supportive? We can't just disregard the fact that Superman's different versions have different writers whom have different opinions and interpretations and portrayals of the character, just cause of such a basic reason as it's implied or narratively canon. That makes no sense and feels cheap af. They also say in the teaser that they're taking each character at their best, so we'll see how that turns out.

I don't find that enough reasoning to say they're all relative. But at the end of the day I'm not gonna argue about this sort of topic to be honest, for the simple reason that Superman is one of the most inconsistently written characters I've ever seen in all my life as far as powerscaling goes (or even just character writing in general, actually? Lol). His power(s) fluctuate wildly depending on what the author wants. Superman easily varies between some building supersonic fodder to a multiversal unbeatable god for no reason, and I don't just mean "different versions", even the same authors and within the same sets of issues, Superman's powers are absolutely incoherent and a complete mess, it's hard to work with which is why I legit just never talk about him in debates. Frankly I'd go as far as saying that it's a bad joke when someone tries to accurately scale Superman in a general sense. The character is a joke from a powerscaling perspective. Even Yujiro Hanma seems consistent by that standard. We might as well give him one profile, with an image for all of his variations, and just say "Varies" with all of the tiers in the tiering system afterwards.

Same can be said for most high tier characters in Marvel/DC comics, it's a complete mess lol
It's in regards mostly to how much the character has shown up/how popular they are. Any big name heroes or villains will be in that boat. But characters that very rarely show up might have more consistency. That's the general issue with Marvel and DC comics scaling. There are so many different writers writing at so many different points in time over decades of work that jumbling it together in a coherent way just doesn't work a lot of the time.

Back