• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Is it the same author or are they all at least involved and supportive? We can't just disregard the fact that Superman's different versions have different writers whom have different opinions and interpretations and portrayals of the character, just cause of such a basic reason as it's implied or narratively canon. That makes no sense and feels cheap af. They also say in the teaser that they're taking each character at their best, so we'll see how that turns out.
The way it works, unironically, is that the Infinite Frontier is the fusion of all of those continuities. From the original 40’s comics to the stuff that was released not even a year ago, it’s all together, regardless of author. This includes Superman, who as a being is the sum of literally every story he was in. Literally a canon composite variation of himself.
I don't find that enough reasoning to say they're all relative. But at the end of the day I'm not gonna argue about this sort of topic to be honest, for the simple reason that Superman is one of the most inconsistently written characters I've ever seen in all my life as far as powerscaling goes (or even just character writing in general, actually? Lol).
Fair, but considering how often it occurs I’d argue it means their speed and strength are at least relative—Their abilities might vary/may not be comparable hax wise since they’re almost never used in these conflicts against other Supermen. Presumably because they’d be useless.
His power(s) fluctuate wildly depending on what the author wants. Superman easily varies between some building supersonic fodder to a multiversal unbeatable god for no reason, and I don't just mean "different versions", even the same authors and within the same sets of issues, Superman's powers are absolutely incoherent and a complete mess, it's hard to work with which is why I legit just never talk about him in debates. Frankly I'd go as far as saying that it's a bad joke when someone tries to accurately scale Superman in a general sense. The character is a joke from a powerscaling perspective. Even Yujiro Hanma seems consistent by that standard. We might as well give him one profile, with an image for all of his variations, and just say "Varies" with all of the tiers in the tiering system afterwards.
See I said that too. Why do all the era and cosmology shifting when that’s clearly NOT how DC works? Just put varies on there and be done with it.

At this moment, even if it is good or bad. It will be an addition to the franchise in some way.

For example, without the GT, we wouldn't have the SSJ4, and consequently, we wouldn't have Gohan, Bardock, fussoes sjj4 in DBH, and we wouldn't even have it for use in games like Xenoverse.

At this moment I look at DB more from a franchise perspective than "a manga with a story"

Seriously, I'm playing SDBH World Mission and I'm loving having guys like Dark Broly SSJ4 or Vegito SSJ4 on my team.

When I played Dokkan, I loved having lots of super cool cards with those incredible animations.

Buu Saga is my litmus test for whether a person has reading comprehension
FZlVZZyX0AIczD2.jpg:large

Nah, Buu Saga slaps and I'm dying on this hill. All I hear are the same old recycled criticisms that don't hold up under any sort of narrative scrutiny. I know it's flaws better than anyone, and I rarely hear them, just 'thing bad because I said it is'.
I don't care

You just sound so goofy saying "this is my litmus test"

Just let it go dawg

Nah, Buu Saga slaps and I'm dying on this hill. All I hear are the same old recycled criticisms that don't hold up under any sort of narrative scrutiny. I know it's flaws better than anyone, and I rarely hear them, just 'thing bad because I said it is'.
...is that so? ok then, what are they?

Honestly I don't mind the Buu Saga, it's pretty good for what it is and I always viewed it as Toriyama trying to go back to the more whimsical and comedic side of early Dragon Ball, but I would still take the previous three arcs over the Buu Saga.

Now tbf? Instances like Vegeta's character development and his willingness to sacrifice himself for the sake of his loved ones, Super Saiyan 3, the friendship between Buu and Mr. Satan, and alongside the triumphant ending where Goku finally manages to put down and save the universe are all reasons why I can get invested into the Buu Saga. Yet i don't know why, but I just feel like there's some elements to the arc which take it down a little in comparison to the Saiyan Saga, Namek Saga, and the entirety of the Android Saga including Cell.

Off topic but the new godzilla movie going hard
DUDE. I JUST CAME BACK FROM SEEING MINUS ONE AND IT IS AMAZING!

Okay caps aside I think Minus One might be shaping up to become one of the best Godzilla movies of the entire franchise and it's already in my top five favorite Godzilla movies. What did you think though?

That atomic breath is UNF*CKING BELIEVEABLE
I know right!? And I think what was really insane was how they built it up when he's on land because you see his dorsal plates jut out more out of his back from built up of his energy, they start to glow a bright and ominous blue light, he reels his head back as the insides of his mouth glow the same light, and then....boom! A massive heat ray comes out and creates a nuclear sized explosion that eradicates entire sections of the city at once, leaving no life standing, and causing the sky to blacken from the ash which falls from the sky and the rain that pours down like the wrath of a destroyer!

I thought it was impossible dude, but I think Minus One might've surpassed Shin Godzilla as having one of the best iterations of the Atomic Breath...EVER.

While Godzilla himself wasn't interesting, I don't think he was meant to be, his atomic breath, roar, and movement was so menacing. I wouldn't say he had a presence of 2014 Godzilla, or that feeling of unstoppableness as KOTM Godzilla, but he felt like this ambling thing that abided by no logic or reason, it just wanted to destroy.

There was no animalistic intelligence it felt like, it was there, it was inevitable, and it couldn't be stopped.

The angels and gods of destruction profiles are copypastes of each other, i guess i should make a request to delete some of them and keep only the most relevant ones
thank god someone brought it up, most of them don't even have more than a couple of scenes or even a single fight even, makes revision for any of then tedious

The angels and gods of destruction profiles are copypastes of each other, i guess i should make a request to delete some of them and keep only the most relevant ones
Beerus, Champa are the only gods of destruction who can stay, the rest isn't even necessary

Vados, Whis, and Daishinkan, are the only angels who must stay, besides Merus

For the angels, only Grand Priest, Vados and Whis are relevant, and for the gods of destruction i think keeping Beerus, Champa, Belmod and those 3 from the exhibition match is fine

Deleting Bora, Great Lee and Napapa should be fine too since they are not that relevant and does not have many abilities

For the angels, only Grand Priest, Vados and Whis are relevant, and for the gods of destruction i think keeping Beerus, Champa, Belmod and those 3 from the exhibition match is fine

Deleting Bora, Great Lee and Napapa should be fine too since they are not that relevant and does not have many abilities
I'm glad you're creating a blog about ki, because we need it as quickly as possible, we use the same as DBH and which didn't really appeal to me

Back