• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I get so excited that no one in the verse other than Zen'ō and Daishinkan can do anything against Infinite Zamasu

Infinite Zamasu> all gods of destruction and including all other mortals in the tournament of power

I get so excited that no one in the verse other than Zen'ō and Daishinkan can do anything against Infinite Zamasu

Infinite Zamasu> all gods of destruction and including all other mortals in the tournament of power
He's not stronger tho

They just don't have the required potency and range to kill him

Beerus may get the potency if his feat of erasing Dr mashirito is brought back, but he still doesn't have the range

He mostly just wins via outlasting them

He's not stronger tho

Beerus may get the potency if his feat of erasing Dr mashirito is brought back, but he still doesn't have the range

If we are to accept hakai as a 5d hax it should include all gods of destruction
(Gods of Destruction have the same Energy of Destruction Aura as Toppo, and it is completely ineffective against other Gods of Destruction)
From Belmod's profile ↑

I mean, I don't want to comment on what happens in 1v1 for now, but why don't we accept that "mighties foe" and similar statements made for jiren refer to zamasu? at least in values such as ap/dura he should scale above zamasu

If we are to accept hakai as a 5d hax it should include all gods of destruction

From Belmod's profile ↑
This would just be in terms of 5D resistance tho, not offensive hax potency, we've already seen differences in potency of hakai, Frieza against sidra's hakai that was meant to kill vs Toppo's hakai that was in a tournament where killing was unnecessary.

They would get resistance, not potency, only Zeno and GP gets scales from his hakai, Zeno having a layered EE potency due to Zamasu being resistance to Beerus'EE, GP just scaling higher but no layers (anime GP doesn't have the feat of erasing an angel so he doesn't get that)

He's not stronger tho

Infinite Zamasu with his 4D attacks destroys all characters and Gods of destruction

This would just be in terms of 5D resistance tho, not offensive hax potency, we've already seen differences in potency of hakai, Frieza against sidra's hakai that was meant to kill vs Toppo's hakai that was in a tournament where killing was unnecessary.

They would get resistance, not potency, only Zeno and GP gets scales from his hakai, Zeno having a layered EE potency due to Zamasu being resistance to Beerus'EE, GP just scaling higher but no layers (anime GP doesn't have the feat of erasing an angel so he doesn't get that)
Meh, I think that the examples about frieza you presented are more related to limited resistance or something like that

As stated in the profs I just posted, the e.e. of all gods of destruction are equivalent to each other

Eventually all we'll have is 5D e.e. (I don't know how many times I have to repeat this) and it will be the default hax for all gods of destruction.

Zamasu + zeno and gp's e.e. are completely irrelevant to what we're talking about.

Hyperbole this Jiren thing
I personally do not think that something that has been stated "many times" and touted so many times is a metaphor, if we are discussing whether or not to give jiren a scale on beerus through these statements, this situation is clearly retconned in the manga. but I think that at least those statements are enough for jiren to scale obove zamasu in terms of ap/dura.

Meh, I think that the examples about frieza you presented are more related to limited resistance or something like that
I don't think so, sidra wanted them dead, toppo didn't, Frieza wasn't even bothered by sidra's, he only struggled to compress it. But either way, I don't think, for now anyway, other GoDs would be allowed to scale, I have no issue with this being the case tho
As stated in the profs I just posted, the e.e. of all gods of destruction are equivalent to each other
But the GoDs themselves aren't all of equal ability, and this will affect the potency of their hakai, I feel this is what may be used to reject it
Eventually all we'll have is 5D e.e. (I don't know how many times I have to repeat this) and it will be the default hax for all gods of destruction.
Hopefully so
Zamasu + zeno and gp's e.e. are completely irrelevant to what we're talking about.
I know

I personally do not think that something that has been stated "many times" and touted so many times is a metaphor, if we are discussing whether or not to give jiren a scale on beerus through these statements, this situation is clearly retconned in the manga. but I think that at least those statements are enough for jiren to scale obove zamasu in terms of ap/dura.
Doesn't Jiren already scale above Zamasu in terms of AP? Infinite Zamasu doesn't get an AP buff

I personally do not think that something that has been stated "many times" and touted so many times is a metaphor, if we are discussing whether or not to give jiren a scale on beerus through these statements, this situation is clearly retconned in the manga. but I think that at least those statements are enough for zamasu to scale obove zamasu in terms of ap/dura.
Statements can only be used if the evidence and feats back it up, Beerus being a moving goalpost pretty much disproves Jiren power statements.

At best DB will get 5D hax/range (for those not on Zeno's or Arale's level).
Doesn't Jiren already scale above Zamasu in terms of AP? Infinite Zamasu doesn't get an AP buff
IZ is pretty much carried by his hax anyway.

I don't think so, sidra wanted them dead, toppo didn't, Frieza wasn't even bothered by sidra's, he only struggled to compress it. But either way, I don't think, for now anyway, other GoDs would be allowed to scale, I have no issue with this being the case tho

But the GoDs themselves aren't all of equal ability, and this will affect the potency of their hakai, I feel this is what may be used to reject it

Hopefully so

I know
The intention is really unimportant here because sidra clearly shared "a small part" of the energy of destruction there and was belittling them

I think the e.e. of all gods of destruction should scale by default if this 5D hakai thingy is accepted, as it is clearly stated as equivalent in the current profiles.

I also don't think that "not all of them have the same ability" would obviously affect this situation, as it is only relevant for e.e.
Yeah, and again, yeah, he's not gonna get an ap buff or anything like that.

So uhhhhh
LcqiitX.png

Statements can only be used if the evidence and feats back it up, Beerus being a moving goalpost pretty much disproves Jiren power statements.

At best DB will get 5D hax/range (for those not on Zeno's or Arale's level).

IZ is pretty much carried by his hax anyway.
1)What I defended was already 5d hax from the very beginning, nothing more
2)I made it clear that this statement would not place jiren over beerus "because it was retconned in the manga" but it should still be enough to put him over zamasu.

This is quite funny because in the DBS movie Broly is declared the strongest enemy, Goku had to use fusion and at the end Goku said that Broly is on par with Beerus, this is easily a mental gymnastics that Toei does every time, I don't take anything literally until I've shown some fight and won

This is quite funny because in the DBS movie Broly is declared the strongest enemy, Goku had to use fusion and at the end Goku said that Broly is on par with Beerus, this is easily a mental gymnastics that Toei does every time, I don't take anything literally until I've shown some fight and won
It's not funny, the only thing it shows is that db is constantly being retconned, and the thing that broly can be of equal power to beerus is just a speculation produced by goku and clearly retconned in the manga.

1)What I defended was already 5d hax from the very beginning, nothing more
2)I made it clear that this statement would not place jiren over beerusun "because it was retconned in the manga" but it should still be enough to put him over zamasu.
Fair enough, between the anime and manga it's kinda funny seeing statements been made about a power-up or character being near or equal to Beerus (GoDs in general) only to be disproved in the next arc.

It's not funny, the only thing it shows is that db is constantly being retconned, and the thing that broly can be of equal power to beerus is just a speculation produced by goku and clearly retconned in the manga.
Indeed, although history is reset from scratch every time

Hey this made me think why would goku make such a claim that he is going to destroy all the parallel worlds let's say he uses his clones to destroy one macrocosm at a time wouldn't he need to destroy the overarching timeline at one point or just destroying all the macrocosm would make the the entire timeline become unstable and crumble on its own

Hey this made me think why would goku make such a claim that he is going to destroy all the parallel worlds let's say he uses his clones to destroy one macrocosm at a time wouldn't he need to destroy the overarching timeline at one point or just destroying all the macrocosm would make the the entire timeline become unstable and crumble on its own
Too much speculation plus like we just established in the above replies Goku isn't exactly a reliable character for measuring power and scope. It'll be different if someone like Whis made such statements while adding context to them.

Too much speculation plus like we just established in the above replies Goku isn't exactly a reliable character for measuring power and scope. It'll be different if someone like Whis made such statements while adding context to them.
I absolutely agree that the fact that the statement was made by goku when the context of the statement was not even known makes all comments on this statement baseless assumptions

Back