• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball GT/Filler/Movie speed downgrade

@Cal you sure?

EDIT: It said a Shadow Dragon, which could range from Syn to even the weakest of them.

Which would more likely imply that they tanked the attack rather than got the heck out of dodge. Or however the saying goes.

There's no other speed feat in GT? considering that we are lurking in an vague statement, I would say that not... GT take place across the galaxy, pretty sure there's several much others solid feats.

So it makes more sense that as soon as they arose, they fled? Either way we look at it, waaayyy too much assumption going on here.

Well, I think that Baby got ahead of the Z-Fighters before they got to Earth (Might be wrong tho) which is impressive since they are using a MFTL+ spaceship.

Yeah, there is alot of assumption, but based on the stats, it makes more sensed that they dodged.

Um, if I remember correctly, Trunks was possessed, so I doubt it.

Since there's assumption, and a ton of it, neither reasoning should be used, since there's no simple Occam's Razor to solve it.

What's Occam's Razor? Anyway, in case a feat is found better to post it in the calc evaluation or another content thread, since it seems like this statement is too vague and generate several assumptions.

It's the idea that the simpler explanation is the best.

Well I see, I'll look for feats.

Well, it seems like practically everybody agree with the downgrade.

However, in lack of the previous feat, we do not seem to have anything useful to scale from, which would either leave unknown speed ratings, or possibly scale them from the main canon.

Are there any good DBGT speed feats that can be used?

If you has some solid speed feats better to link us to them, cuz the staff hasn't found new ones and the previous ones has been debunked.

Antvasima suggested Unknown, but I would agree if we scale them to manga/anime DBZ, however, any number would be unknown.

I don't agree with unknown, but i think Garlic Jr. and his crew quickly returning to earth slowly after being freed from the seal should be considered.

Er... Garlic Jr. never left earth. He only escaped the Dead Zone due the Big Gete--I mean Makyo star being close to Earth's axis.

Well, I would much prefer to not leave the ratings as Unknown, so in worst case we could scale from the manga DBZ canon, or maybe from Broly, if his travel feats can be calculated (but that seems very uncertain).

Well, there's no timeframe for Broly, and we also find the galaxy feat to be unreliable, but idk. I heard Bojack has a 1M c speed feat somewhere, but I don't know its calculation.

Okay. You do not think that we should scale from the DBZ manga then?

Antvasima said:
Okay. You do not think that we should scale from the DBZ manga then?
Anime and movie dbz-verse seems to be at another level compared to the manga, so I think the most accirate and efficient way to get the speed is to directly use some feat from the anime or movies

Okay. So, is anybody willing to carry out the character profile speed changes?

Okay. I am overworked enough as it is though, so I hope that somebody else might be interested.

@Cal we could just assume Broly's lifetime as a massively lowballed time frame. Or have someone recalc the Bojack feat.

@Ant before we proceed with changes, is it possible to wait a little for feats? I would rather not have to deal with another thread being made sometime after this one taking up more time.

I can easily revert them if a new calc is made. Broly, Bojack and Post-Kid Buu characters to GT characters (Mainly the Shadow dragons, who scattered at high speeds, especially Syn Shenron), i will left them at MFTL+ because of their potential speed feats.

Well, we cannot leave characters as MFTL+ without anything to scale from, but as SomebodyData mentioned, we should probably wait to see if anybody knows of any relevant feats.

Well we know that no matter what Bojack's feat is MFTL+ and so is Broly's, just not what degree it is. I will ask a calc member to please calc it in a reasonable timeframe, so it could be added.

The real cal howard said:
I'm looking at the DB Wiki. Are we sure that traveling from King Kai's planet to Earth is MFTL+?
Well when looking at the Dragonball Universe map, yes it is.

Traveling from Kai's planet to earth isn't mftl+, but people say that Bojack and his gang traveled from the edge of the galaxy to Earth. Personally not sure about calc those feats, both time and distance are unknown, and any most likely they didn't show any close speed in combat: at most, the result wouldn't be scalable...

It's 1,245,387.56271x FTL (Note that I'm making a rough calc, not sure if I did it right hence why I asked for help)

Screenshot 2017-01-18 at 10.10.56
Well, I'm just assuming that King Kai's planet is just on the other end if the galaxy (Extreme Lowball), the characters didn't rest (Rather big Lowball), and the maximum number of days in a month (Not that much of a lowball).

@Cal are you sure about the star part? I distinctly remember it being KK's planet.

I wouldn't imagine calcing the Broly feat would be that hard At the absolute lowest end, it would be him circling the circumference of the galaxy, but the depiction of the feat makes it a lot more extreme. I would attempt a more in depth calc but I'm about to hit the hay.

The Milky Way is "at least" 250,000 light-years in circumference. Using a horribly low timeframe of 40 years that gives me 1,873,702,862,500 m/s, or 6250c.

Due to how the attack was depicted, I was thinking of using the diameter of the Milky Way, then multiplying that by the amount of large spirals since he destroyed virtually everything.

Edit: Using, not Usually.

Back