• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball GT/Filler/Movie speed downgrade

@Hyper the same with I said to Kyo, even if you're trying to be more subtle, it is pretty blatant what you're suggesting.

Perhaps, change your comment to have some worth in the discussion?

I'd feel safer if we scaled from Bojack than Broly, considering our own profile states that the galactic destruction feat makes no sense.

@TLT. That could also mean that Syn Shenron's is galaxy level. And if that were the case, we rarely, if ever, get speed from AP

The real cal howard said:
I'd feel safer if we scaled from Bojack than Broly, considering our own profile states that the galactic destruction feat makes no sense.
@TLT. That could also mean that Syn Shenron's is galaxy level. And if that were the case, we rarely, if ever, get speed from AP
he destroyed it quickly, which means he would have to send ki basts to all parts of a galaxy in a relatively short time

I think that we don't scale speed from AP as Howard said, otherwise, any character that can cause an explosion would be Hypersonic or so; futhermore, any any number coming from that feat would be speculating and overlooked, similar reason why we didn't scale shockwave in Super to characters, is more a range thing.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
The real cal howard said:
he destroyed it quickly, which means he would have to send ki basts to all parts of a galaxy in a relatively short time
Speed of aoe attacks don't equate to speed of user in fiction very often. Many strong characters have omnidirectional aoe but their own speed is slow. Very often those fast omnidirectional aoe attacks don't translate to short range (many aoe attacks cause chain reaction which accelerates the destruction)

Was Omega Shenron in the galaxy he destroyed? Cause if so he'd be MFTL+ through being able to travel to the galaxy the show takes place in.

It's a guidebook feat @Ryu so no.

Different scenario. Also, that speed comes from Raditz dodging one of Piccolo's attacks. Don't know why considering they weren't even the same attacks and was a different scene altogether, but I digress.

Not sure what's the problem with the Piccolo calc, but the Katsuki thing seems a little questionable for me, is like some people is supersonic+ cuz they can shot bullet with weapons, or subsonic cuz baseball, kind of things.

@Cal well I mean when he destroys the galaxy, is it specified that he was somewhere outside the galaxy DB takes place in?

Cause if he was in another galaxy, just him traveling to earth will be MFTL+.

And if Omega Shenron was in our galaxy and destroyed another one, he'd likely have MFTL+ attack speed through being able to shoot at another galaxy.

I don't even know where the feat specifically came from. All I know is that a guidebook (idk which one) said that Shenron destroyed a galaxy instantly upon awakening.

Mmm, question: how many galaxies has been destroyed? I mean, Buu supposed destroyed one, them Broly, Shyn, those are already 3 (all those cases happened in movie/GT continuity), and, iirc, there were like three of them in GT.

Don't recall Shyn destroying a galaxy with a beam or something.

I think either way Shenron's MFTL+ from this.

Either he was in different galaxy, destroyed it then came to our galaxy. MFTL+ travel speed.

Or he was in our galaxy and shot a blast to blow up a different galaxy. MFTL+ attack speed.

Syn's galaxy destroying is from a guidbeook

@Prom I know there isn't a scene where he destroyed a galaxy. I'm just wondering if the guidebook itself specified the feat in anyway. I feel like the only two interpretations of the feat imply MFTL+ in one way or another.

Also it was from long ago. We don't know the specifics or even if he naturally came to our galaxy.

There is none, and we can't even assume one. Normally, in cases like this, there's no calc to be made.

We should only made speed calcs when: Some crossed D distance in t time or dodged something with v speed from D distance; without distance nor timeframe we can't do anything.

Apparently the guidebook says that Syn "appeared on another planet" then "immediately destroyed that planet and the galaxy surrounding it."

So yes Omega was in another galaxy when he performed this feat. Which regardless of the timeframe, indicates MFTL+ travel speed for getting to Earth.

Omega Shenron does not have teleportation and has never been established to be able to teleport from what I recall. We shouldn't assume he has a new super power he never demonstrates to deny a feat.

Doesn't he literally come from the dragon balls akin to Shenron? Forgive me for not knowing the specifics of the shadow dragons.

Using our galaxy as a reference 100,000 lightyears and the distance between each galaxy is 10X diameter so 1,000,000 lightyears. Add the 2 for the calc.

1,100,000 lightyears/ 10 seconds(assumed) = 1.0406804e+21 m/s or 3,335,640,951,981.5205078 times FTL

If you guys want to use a minute just divide the result by 6 and a minute is a far cry from "immediately".

Well the other shenrons had to have dodged it to not be killed in the process...

@Rad I'm pretty sure we only use Piccolo's moon feat for speed since Raditz casually dodged the same attack.

Oh ok but here we have no idea if he spawned in the galaxy or he destroyed it from earth.

Does anyone know if anyone could react to Syn?

@SD. The quote said nothing about the other Shenrons. This is an assumption.

@Rad, pushing aside the fact that I have a problem with that, the Piccolo thing is two different calcs. The first calc is a beam speed. Second calc is the result of the beam reaching its destination and following through on what it was doing. If Piccolo unleaded a wave that destroyed everything from earth to the moon, then it wouldn't be calced

They appeared in a distant planet of the galaxy they destroyed.

@Rad nearly every Shenron had to have dodged or would be completely destroyed.

Back