• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Finite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, what's important with those informations is that Hateshinai is a figurative term of japanese to talk about an infinite element

To begin with, we have two quotes from Chozenshu 4 and Daizenshuu 7 respectively. Both were translated here with those sentences:
This was already debunked,
Idk why we should consider the first 2 mentions as hyperbole, the guy doesn't even give a real reason to say that it is metaphorical.
As I said before, that a dictionary uses the kanji "hateshinai" in figurative sentences proves absolutely nothing since it is possible to use it literally.
Also "hateshinai" and "hateshinaku" can be used to describe that something has no limits literally.
This whole thing about "Hateshinai" being a figure of speech isn't entirely correct. It can be, but the onus is on the OP to actually prove that it is, especially given what other translators that have been linked to before have said.
Yeah

This whole thing about "Hateshinai" being a figure of speech isn't entirely correct. It can be, but the onus is on the OP to actually prove that it is, especially given what other translators that have been linked to before have said.

Which brings me to another issue I have with the OP: the complete dismissal of anything that goes against their claim. Twice, people knowledgeable on the Japanese language have explained how the terminology used in the Daizenshuu and such is actually quite literal, yet it was just swept under the rug as "arbitrary scans and examples that don't mean anything."

So now we're just ignoring evidence we don't like?

It's as if people just have these preconceived notions about the DB universe and will stick to them no matter what is presented...
@Executor_N0 who is a know translator here on the wiki also agreed that it was used literally, so

Indeed, this discussion has reached its conclusion now. @Nostredam are you able to apply the revision?

Yes. As I said, the profiles with the High 3-A ratings should be changed back to their previous tier. However, since I'm new here, I have to ask if it's me who'll edit the profiles on this wiki or the staffs that are gonna do it.

Yes it is, 48hrs have passed since the thread's creation and we have enough staff aproval
Sure, but perhaps its better to take this to like a Dragon Ball General Discussion thread. I have no idea why Dragon Ball threads in particular get filled up so quickly with so much shallow banter.
Do you see no issue with spontaneously ending a thread when people are still bringing up grievances?

And before you say "they should've brought them up sooner," people have lives outside the wiki...

Yes. As I said, the profiles with the High 3-A ratings should be changed back to their previous tier. However, since I'm new here, I have to ask if it's me who'll edit the profiles on this wiki or the staffs that are gonna do it.
It's usually you, but you can ask a staff member or an experienced user to help you.

In my first serious CTR which was with Record of Ragnarok, I asked a user to help me apply things to pages.

Indeed, this discussion has reached its conclusion now. @Nostredam are you able to apply the revision?
I am to the open profiles, i don't know which ones are locked so when i stumble upon those of are i will ask in the all purpose request thread, unless someone wants to do it before me that is

It can be either. You can post in the All Purpose Request Thread to have the pertinent profiles unlocked.

Claro, mas talvez seja melhor levar isso para um tópico de Discussão Geral de Dragon Ball. Não tenho ideia de por que os tópicos de Dragon Ball em particular são preenchidos tão rapidamente com tantas brincadeiras superficiais.
Counterarguments were given, some moderators and administrator did not see, so it will have to stay open until the summary of the counterarguments.

Do you see no issue with spontaneously ending a thread when people are still bringing up grievances?

And before you say "they should've brought them up sooner," people have lives outside the wiki...
And nothing is stoping you or anyone else from organize the arguments and just make another thread afterwards

48 hours only work if all people agree with the thread not that this applies to every thread that is made. The **** are all of you on about?

No, because when a verse like DB receives a downgrade, it is met with grievances perpetually no matter what. It has a sufficient amount of staff degrees, and in two days we have reached 6 pages of mostly circular bickering. It should be applied now that it has passed the 48 hour mark.

If we re-issue the topic again in the future, perhaps we can do it in Staff Discussion to avoid the constant derailing that every DB thread is subjected to.

It's usually you, but you can ask a staff member or an experienced user to help you.

In my first serious CTR which was with Record of Ragnarok, I asked a user to help me apply things to pages.

Yeah, it's better for someone do that for me. I don't wanna mess it up since I don't remember the previous tiers of the characters before they got High 3-A.

It can be either. You can post in the All Purpose Request Thread to have the pertinent profiles unlocked.

I see. All I need to do is link the thread there and ask a mod/admin to change the profiles?

Yeah, it's better for someone do that for me. I don't wanna mess it up since I don't remember the previous tiers of the characters before they got High 3-A.

I see. All I need to do is link the thread there and ask a mod/admin to change the profiles?
From what i was informed, it was all 3-B/Multi-Galaxy level

No, because when a verse like DB receives a downgrade, it is met with grievances perpetually no matter what. It has a sufficient amount of staff degrees, and in two days we have reached 6 pages of mostly circular bickering. It has a sufficient amount of staff degrees and thus should be applied now that it has passed the 48 hour mark.

If we re-issue the topic again in the future, perhaps we can do it in Staff Discussion to avoid the constant derailing that every DB thread is subjected to.
Doesn't matter. The fault is on the people performing such circular bickering, not on those with legitimate grievances that get snuffed out just because.
Or you can just summarize them and make another thread
And nothing is stoping you or anyone else from organize the arguments and just make another thread afterwards
Would you be saying this if you were the one whose arguments were just getting swept under the rug like mine are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back