• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC and Omnipresence revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh just wait for someone speed blitzing an omnipresent character. It's fiction it's gonna pop up. Next ch. the character gets killed by falling brick.

I can agree with this

Now, the reason this wouldn't necessarily be Immeasurable (I believe they scale to immeasurable anyways, so I won't contest that scaling), it's because while Void Mundus may be unbound by time, this by default does not mean he can trivialize time in the manner which we rate as Immeasurable Speed.

A true Immeasurable Speed character, as mentioned on the speed page, effectively is able to choose "when" the attack occurs. If the narration instead mentioned how Mundus is attacking Dante in the past, for example, as time lost meaning to him and so the linear flow doesn't apply, then we could ascertain he can just choose the "when" of the attack.

Infinite here makes more sense, as the void in itself is infinite. For Dante to avoid and find "empty spaces" (key phrasing, spaces and not "moments", "time" or "moments in time"), he would be outspeeding the attacks doesn't matter where they are made from.
My thoughts on this as well.

If Void Mundus has attacks that encompass not just all of space, but all of time, Immeasurable might not be too outta the books.

My thoughts on this as well.

If Void Mundus has attacks that encompass not just all of space, but all of time, Immeasurable might not be too outta the books.
I see, well we can discuss that later but for now at least infinite for that singular feat alone is fine for us.

Not sure I see this as infinite or immeasurable speeds, especially since nothing really mentions it travels through time and Dante can react to an attack from the future going to his past or whatever.

Not sure I see this as infinite or immeasurable speeds, especially since nothing really mentions it travels through time and Dante can react to an attack from the future going to his past or whatever.
The conditions you mentioned are for Immeasurable. Not for Infinite.

It'd at the very least be an infinite speed feat considering the DW's size being infinite and all.

What rating would it be if Mundus was omnipresent in the absolute entirety of a Low 2-C realm itself, but physically it wasn't infinite in size (standard universe)?

What rating would it be if Mundus was omnipresent in the absolute entirety of a Low 2-C realm itself, but physically it wasn't infinite in size (standard universe)?
If he's one with a proper timeline and sends attacks throughout it, then that might be straight immeasurable, tho that latter part is a must to be proven

Otherwise, I would argue it's a MFTL+ feat, as SYPHe mentioned

What makes you think Immeasurable is a valid possibility?
I mean, Mundus practically is Omnipresent and outside of time, so it within a reasonable assumption that he capable of attaking across all point in time. Sure we don't have a concrete evidence, so it is just a possibly, also later in DMC2 Dante capable of immessurable speed feat anyway

I mean, Mundus practically is Omnipresent and outside of time, so it within a reasonable assumption that he capable of attaking across all point in time. Sure we don't have a concrete evidence, so it is just a possibly, also later in DMC2 Dante capable of immessurable speed feat anyway
No, it's not a reasonable assumption at all. Quite simply, there's no immeasurable speed feat in the quotes provided. In fact, quite the opposite, the quote very explicitly refer to spaces, as Dante managed to outpace those attacks through these.

No, it's not a reasonable assumption at all. Quite simply, there's no immeasurable speed feat in the quotes provided. In fact, quite the opposite, the quote very explicitly refer to spaces, as Dante managed to outpace those attacks through these.
the quote about him moving in space isn't really matter, cause if it said he moving through time, then we not even here to debate it is immeasurable speed or not at all, and there will be no possibly rating come from me or even there are any "reasonable assumption" at all ^^

But yeah, i'm not going to discard others' opinion on the feat

Maybe a screenshot of that quote from Matt, and perhaps the article itself, should be linked in the verse page, to answer the canonicity questions and provide proof of that canonicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back