• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downplaying One piece, but wanking FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anime doesn't have substance, but it doesn't really seem to realize there's a middle ground between galaxy busting explosions and extremely overly complex cosmology. So it's a bit polarized by nature from what I've seen.

Yobobojojo said:
Not that anime doesn't have substance, but it doesn't really seem to realize there's a middle ground between galaxy busting explosions and extremely overly complex cosmology. So it's a bit polarized by nature from what I've seen.
I prefer the former over the latter, imo. Too complex cosmology makes people lost (looking st you, Digimon/SMT/Chrono/TES). At least you can attract people with flashy galactic explosions.

I actually was attracted by SMT and Chrono's complex cosmology. I only really got into it because of its reputation TBH.

Yobobojojo said:
I don't dislike anime, but I do wish that it had less fluff like fanservice.
That's not something you can really generalize for anime as a whole. This would be like me saying I don't dislike books, but I do wish that it had less BDSM stuff. While some animes do have fanservice, not all do. While there are erotica styled books, that doesn't mean that you can generalize all books to be erotic in nature.

Nor did I mean to imply all anime does that. I just meant anime in general does that more then it should.

Idk where I stand on fanservice. Honestly. Like, sometimes I do get mad when people complain about it, but then I remember that I don't watch these shows for fanservice. Never did, never will. Heck, sometimes I don't even watch the shows that I get heated over when people complain about it.

Like for example, Fairy Tail. People complain about the fanservice in that show, and something stirs up in me when I see people complaining, because there are people that enjoy it. But then I'm like, "I care more about the male characters for crying out loud. That's where the plot is, not the PLOT. What am I doing?"

JoJo's is a godly entertainment.

I personally don't like fanservice when it's in a show that doesn't need it. Like Gantz for example. I ended kinda disliking FT for a sum of things like the fanservice, the lack of actual plot weight and the constants power ups.

That's something else I'm mixed on. While I'm a patriot and enjoy supporting western animation, I believe shows with plot >>>>>>>> episodic shows (don't get me wrong, I still love episodic shows like Spongebob, Chowder, and early Adventure Time and Regular Show), which anime blows western animation out of the water with recently, and that animation that looks more human >>>> stylized animation that doesn't, which again, anime does a lot better.

But when western animation is on, like Gravity Falls for example, or (original) Ben 10 or Batman: TAS, it's on.

I'm the type of guy that loves both but lening more on Western Animation via more experience with it

For the record, when I say western animation, I'm discounting movies.

Also, @Yobo, the only western show I know you like is Ninjago.

The real cal howard said:
For the record, when I say western animation, I'm discounting movies.

Also, @Yobo, the only western show I know you like is Ninjago.
Who would have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back