• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does superior reiatsu really allow the negation of hax?

Aizen never resisted Soifon's shikai. I went back and reread the chapters when someone pointed it out to me, but the captains were under hypnosis the whole time. The whole fight was basically the captains attacking thin air until Hinamori was stabbed, and then we see that Aizen wasn't even near the fight the entire time. Even Aizen's little speech about superior reiatsu negating weaker reiatsu was an illusion that Aizen wanted them to see, and we have no idea if that's true or not. Has there been other instances in the series where we see superior reiatsu trumping the hax of those with lower reiatsu?

Iirc: Soi fong wouldn't had lost her arm if she was under an illusion, and Aizen said they were before their fight meaning she did lost her arm which was then explain that it was heal by SS technology. And if they were under hypnosis, her Shinkai would have kill Momo.

Anyway, i don't think that's true at all because Tsukishima was not where Byakuya's level and his Hax was still able to affect him.

HokageMangaVox said:
Iirc: Soi fong wouldn't had lost her arm if she was under an illusion, and Aizen said they were before their fight meaning she did lost her arm which was then explain that it was heal by SS technology. And if they were under hypnosis, her Shinkai would have kill Momo.
Anyway, i don't think that's true at all because Tsukishima was not where Byakuya's level and his Hax was still able to affect him.
What do you mean by that? Like when Soi fon lost her arm to Barragan? I don't think that was an illusion. I'm talking about the timeframe between this and this. Aizen must've switched out with Hinamori before the first scan since Momo was Aizen the whole time. I agree that there's no way for Hinamori to survive Soifon's shikai, so it's likely that she was hitting thin air and Aizen simply made her think she hit something.

Kenpachi also gave a speech to Ichigo about higher reiatsu overpowering and nullifying weaker reiatsu. it's far from baseless

LordAizenSama said:
Kenpachi also gave a speech to Ichigo about higher reiatsu overpowering and nullifying weaker reiatsu. it's far from baseless
That's more of a durability thing(Ichigo slashes are not hax), like how Ichigo can withstand Grimmjow's elbow darts, or how people with higher reiatsu can no-sell ceros from weaker hollows. The thing is we don't have a solid example of using reiatsu to negate hax, since the whole point of hax is to negate durability.

What do you mean by that? Like when Soi fon lost her arm to Barragan? I don't think that was an illusion. I'm talking about the timeframe between this and this. Aizen must've switched out with Hinamori before the first scan since Momo was Aizen the whole time. I agree that there's no way for Hinamori to survive Soifon's shikai, so it's likely that she was hitting thin air and Aizen simply made her think she hit something.

I don't know but Tsukishima was still able to utilizy his hax againt's Byakuya. Who is suppose to be a weaker than him.

HokageMangaVox said:
^ Ichigo bitchslapping a black hole. (Made of Spiritual energy.)
Kubo might've meant for it to be a parallel to a black hole, but anything with mass can distort space and time really. t5forums did a weird-ass calc for kurohitsugi and got some neutron-star level shit(I wouldn't trust calcs on that site), so it's best to treat it like Grimmjow's space-distorting Gran Rey ceros and just scale it to his other energy projections(fragors).

Kubo might've meant for it to be a parallel to a black hole, but anything with mass can distort space and time really. t5forums did a weird-ass calc for kurohitsugi and got some neutron-star level shit(I wouldn't trust calcs on that site), so it's best to treat it like Grimmjow's space-distorting Gran Rey ceros and just scale it to his other energy projections(fragors).

I never saw that interesting. But regardless that's a hyperbole. I don't know about Grimmjow since the databook backup Grimmjow's girl hollow friends, statment. About comparing it to Fragors, i don't know either they're different attacks. Hado is a spell, Kido is translated to Demon Magic, while a fragor is similar to a cero.

HokageMangaVox said:
I never saw that interesting. But regardless that's a hyperbole. I don't know about Grimmjow since the databook backup Grimmjow's girl hollow friends, statment. About comparing it to Fragors, i don't know either they're different attacks. Hado is a spell, Kido translated to Demon Magic, while a fragor is similar to a cero.

Obviously they're not the same, but we really don't have anything comparable in his butterfly-mode. We can make an assumption that Aizen assumed the attack was powerful enough to harm Ichigo, and that this was one of his most powerful moves in this form. The potency of the attack is unknown since Ichigo shattered it, but I think it's somewhat reasonable to scale his most powerful move in his butterfly form to a casual move in his monster form.

Ujmikolp3 said:
Obviously they're not the same, but we really don't have anything comparable in his butterfly-mode. We can make an assumption that Aizen assumed the attack was powerful enough to harm Ichigo, and that this was one of his most powerful moves in this form. The potency of the attack is unknown since Ichigo shattered it, but I think it's somewhat reasonable to scale his most powerful move in his butterfly form to a casual move in his monster form.
Of course it is, otherwise it would be an outliner.

@TheMightyRegulator Damn, it can really atomize things with gravity alone? I saw the claim on t5forums where they compared the low end of his Kurohitsugi to the surface of a neutron star since it could atomize buildings with gravity, I just chalked it up to wanking and didn't bother reading through the whole thing. But even if it could, is atomization hax? I personally wouldn't call Saber's Excalibur hax because it has enough energy to atomize things, but that's just my opinion. By hax I'm talking about more abstract things like X-axis, Ichimonji, Visionary, Kyoraku's bankai, etc. I saw tons of Yamamoto or Aizen vs Lille Barro threads(obd and comicvine) where half the posts would claim superior reiatsu apparently allows them to bypass intangibility based on Aizen's statement. Do you think a transcendent would be immune to these conceptual hax if they had superior reiatsu?

i thinks aizen is the only exception , who can negate hax with his reiatsu , partly due his potential is " Reiatsu " , it is revealed by askin

Back